Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 06:12:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[March 28, 2024, 11:47:21 PM]

[March 28, 2024, 11:34:08 PM]

[March 28, 2024, 09:44:18 PM]

[March 28, 2024, 09:12:36 PM]

[March 28, 2024, 07:11:09 PM]

[March 28, 2024, 01:13:46 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 07:25:42 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 07:05:39 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 12:35:34 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 11:18:23 AM]

[March 26, 2024, 07:45:07 PM]

[March 26, 2024, 06:19:03 PM]

[March 26, 2024, 05:47:06 PM]

Support NCKA

Support the site by making a donation.

Topic: NorCal HOW Second 2017 Event - Friday, March 31, 2017 @ Lake Hennessey  (Read 5596 times)

xengie

• Sand Dab
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jan 2015

Glad I made it out to meet some new folks and say hi to some old ones.  I needed a break away from my house work.
Aww, it looks like the water went back to dirty again.

Sent from my F5321 using Tapatalk

Sailfish

• Manatee
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Sep 2006
It've been awhile the last time I was on the water and I had fun chasing the elusive 18" Crappie in this lake  :smt003  Thank you everyone for making this a great event.  The bank anglers out fished the kayak anglers this time!  Here are some pictures of the day...
"Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass...it's about learning how to dance in the rain."

RacinRob

• AOTY Committee
  • Wilderness Systems Pro Staff
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Mar 2009
The bank anglers out fished the kayak anglers this time!  Here are some pictures of the day...

Not all of them. I ended up with about 15-18 fish today. At around sunset I was landing 16-18" fish in 2-5' of water.

Thank you everyone for all the help.
http://WildernessSystems.com      http://ATPaddles.com
http://ShastaTackle.com               http://MacksLure.com

Wilderness Systems Kayaks Pro Staff           Heroes on the Water Coordinator
Mack's Lure Pro Staff

2018 AOTY 2nd Place
2017 ARW Halibut 3rd Place
2017 Berryessa Salmon Slam MBF winner
2014 GS8 1st Place AOTD
2014 Trinidad Rockfish Wars 1st Place--- Teamed w/ATD
2014 AOTY 3rd Place-Again
2013 AOTY 3rd Place
2012 Berryessa Salmon Slam  1st Place
2012 Sonoma Slam 1st Place---Teamed w/ATD
2012 TRW 2 1st Place----Teamed w/ATD
2012 PIF Big Salmon Winner
2012 Fresh Kats Series Champion
2012-13-14 Team NCKA Kayak Wars 1st Place Team Overall

Sailfish

• Manatee
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Sep 2006
The bank anglers out fished the kayak anglers this time!  Here are some pictures of the day...
Not all of them. I ended up with about 15-18 fish today. At around sunset I was landing 16-18" fish in 2-5' of water.
Thank you everyone for all the help.

Didn't you start the day as a bank angler?  :smt003
"Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass...it's about learning how to dance in the rain."

kayakjack

• Sea Lion
  • kayakjack
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Apr 2007
Big thanks to all the volunteers. You guys are what makes this work. Special i love you to Marvin Lau aka Shicken. He showed up with 2 big hardwood smoked beef briskets. Best brisket I have ever tasted. Soft,moist and sexy.

DRT Yakbah

• Salmon
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jan 2018
This was my fitst ever HOW event and my first time meeting anyone from NCKA. I was able to get a few free hours to head up the hill and try to lend a hand.

Got there a bit before the vets but after everyone else and everything was already set up and breakfast was going. Was greeted by Raydon and his lovely wife, Luis, Sledge, Dwayne, Sarge and his lovely wife (who was landing fish left and right on the Ned rig), Rob, Sonny, Kyle, Matt, and many others who's names I can't remember.

All the kayaks were out, poles were rigged, and Rob was telling everyone about the fish he caught from the shore.  :smt004 Conversed about swimming at Albion with Luis, and got to talk with all the other great guys and gals that showed up to help.

Wind was blowing by the time the vets got there but a few guys were out hooking up to some fish in the kayak, with Rob catching them near the launch (reoccurring theme throughout the day) giving the rest of us an idea where to set the vets up.

I got to help Yvette, who wanted to fish from the shore and had told me she hadn't fished since she was 15. Within a couple casts she was winging the senko out there and asking where she could buy a fishing license back home.  :smt003 She wanted to bring her mother home some fish for dinner but unfortunately she didn't catch anything, not for a lack of trying. After some encouragement she hopped on a tandem kayak with Sarge and off they went. With all the vets fishing and everything under control, Luis threw me a pole and I was able to catch a small bass that I in turn cleaned and fileted to give to Yvette. That simple gesture seemed to make her day but really made mine. I filleted up another fish for a vet named Fred and took a few photos of him and his fish too.

Marvin then showed up with his giant Binford 5000 smoker and the two best damn smoked briskets I've ever had the pleasure of eating. Collard greens, pasta salad, and more.

Unfortunately not long after this, life (work), was leaving messages on my phone and I had to cut the day short.

What a GREAT event you guys throw, and I'm sure going to try to come help at the others.

All in all, I had a great day, helped make the day of at least one vet, and met some really good people, who I am sure I'll see next weekend up at Berryessa. Thanks for welcoming me in and introducing me to a great cause with great people.

Andrew

DG

• Sea Lion
  • First joined in 2013
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Feb 2014
This was my fitst ever HOW event and my first time meeting anyone from NCKA. I was able to get a few free hours to head up the hill and try to lend a hand.

Got there a bit before the vets but after everyone else and everything was already set up and breakfast was going. Was greeted by Raydon and his lovely wife, Luis, Sledge, Dwayne, Sarge and his lovely wife (who was landing fish left and right on the Ned rig), Rob, Sonny, Kyle, Matt, and many others who's names I can't remember.

All the kayaks were out, poles were rigged, and Rob was telling everyone about the fish he caught from the shore.  :smt004 Conversed about swimming at Albion with Luis, and got to talk with all the other great guys and gals that showed up to help.

Wind was blowing by the time the vets got there but a few guys were out hooking up to some fish in the kayak, with Rob catching them near the launch (reoccurring theme throughout the day) giving the rest of us an idea where to set the vets up.

I got to help Yvette, who wanted to fish from the shore and had told me she hadn't fished since she was 15. Within a couple casts she was winging the senko out there and asking where she could buy a fishing license back home.  :smt003 She wanted to bring her mother home some fish for dinner but unfortunately she didn't catch anything, not for a lack of trying. After some encouragement she hopped on a tandem kayak with Sarge and off they went. With all the vets fishing and everything under control, Luis threw me a pole and I was able to catch a small bass that I in turn cleaned and fileted to give to Yvette. That simple gesture seemed to make her day but really made mine. I filleted up another fish for a vet named Fred and took a few photos of him and his fish too.

Marvin then showed up with his giant Binford 5000 smoker and the two best damn smoked briskets I've ever had the pleasure of eating. Collard greens, pasta salad, and more.

Unfortunately not long after this, life (work), was leaving messages on my phone and I had to cut the day short.

What a GREAT event you guys throw, and I'm sure going to try to come help at the others.

All in all, I had a great day, helped make the day of at least one vet, and met some really good people, who I am sure I'll see next weekend up at Berryessa. Thanks for welcoming me in and introducing me to a great cause with great people.

Andrew
Nice meeting you and glad you made it out.  Most NCKA events are just as friendly and you will feel like you are meeting old friends. 

Have fun at Berryessa. 
-----------------------------------
NorCAL HOW Volunteer

2018 NCKA - DOTY Committee Member

2017 DOTY 2 biggest fish awards
2016 DOTY 2nd place / 4 biggest fish awards
2016 Triton X - 2nd place
2016 Triton Open - Biggest Lingcod
2014 DOTY - 1 biggest fish award

Der_Huntsman

• Salmon
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Mar 2017
I had a great time on Friday and am glad I showed up. This event was exactly what I needed to get out and meet some people who love doing what I love to do. Met some great people I think will be friends for a long long time. Thanks HOW and all you guys who made it happen. I look forward to seeing you guys more.
Formerly known as "MF"

@Der_Huntsman

RacinRob

• AOTY Committee
  • Wilderness Systems Pro Staff
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Mar 2009
I had a great time on Friday and am glad I showed up. This event was exactly what I needed to get out and meet some people who love doing what I love to do. Met some great people I think will be friends for a long long time. Thanks HOW and all you guys who made it happen. I look forward to seeing you guys more.

I was great meeting an d fishing with you too. Thanks for the help also.
http://WildernessSystems.com      http://ATPaddles.com
http://ShastaTackle.com               http://MacksLure.com

Wilderness Systems Kayaks Pro Staff           Heroes on the Water Coordinator
Mack's Lure Pro Staff

2018 AOTY 2nd Place
2017 ARW Halibut 3rd Place
2017 Berryessa Salmon Slam MBF winner
2014 GS8 1st Place AOTD
2014 Trinidad Rockfish Wars 1st Place--- Teamed w/ATD
2014 AOTY 3rd Place-Again
2013 AOTY 3rd Place
2012 Berryessa Salmon Slam  1st Place
2012 Sonoma Slam 1st Place---Teamed w/ATD
2012 TRW 2 1st Place----Teamed w/ATD
2012 PIF Big Salmon Winner
2012 Fresh Kats Series Champion
2012-13-14 Team NCKA Kayak Wars 1st Place Team Overall

Stone85

• Salmon
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Dec 2016
I wasn't able to stay long but glad I got to stop in and help setup. Looking forward to the next one and will try to schedule myself better.
Cheers
Nick Stone

kayakjack

• Sea Lion
  • kayakjack
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Apr 2007
thanks for coming and helping out Kevin.

splashdown

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Feb 2007
Way to go representing HOW guys. Hopefully y'all caught some fish.

We had our HOW-DFW campout last weekend and fished two of our private lakes about an hour and a half outside Dallas. Had about 10 veterans and 10 volunteers. Great times, good food and fish to be caught.

Got these little buggers on Friday and then commenced a fish kill on Saturday taking almost 50 crappie out of one of the lakes since the owner wants them controlled, aka., dead. Most were over 12 inches.
"bull riding came about when some redneck stated, "hold my beer and watch this!"

Dallas HOW Chapter Coordinator

anything