Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 06:03:48 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[Today at 05:07:22 AM]

[March 27, 2024, 10:53:01 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 08:00:55 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 07:25:42 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 07:05:39 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 04:18:57 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 12:35:34 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 11:18:23 AM]

[March 26, 2024, 07:45:07 PM]

[March 26, 2024, 06:19:03 PM]

[March 26, 2024, 05:47:06 PM]

[March 25, 2024, 07:10:08 PM]

[March 25, 2024, 03:17:35 PM]

Support NCKA

Support the site by making a donation.

Topic: Best places to go largemouth bass fishing in the SF bay area  (Read 34037 times)

marcusg

• Sand Dab
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jun 2009
Fellas, I'm a new kayak bass fisherman and was wondering where are the places to go Black Bass fishing in the SF bay area (lakes prefered but Delta OK too.). Thanks in advance. BTW, live in the North bay area, Vallejo to be exact.

Marcusg

• Fishing is the perpetual series occasion of hope.
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: May 2009
Fellas, I'm a new kayak bass fisherman and was wondering where are the places to go Black Bass fishing in the SF bay area (lakes prefered but Delta OK too.). Thanks in advance. BTW, live in the North bay area, Vallejo to be exact.

Marcusg
Unfortunately thats what we are lacking in SF area, to get a real good action you need to drive an hour or 2 depending on season and weather, in Delta I love fishing at Franks Tract (Oakley) sometimes I go to a smaller lake such as contra loma, San Pablo Reservoir and Lake Chabot are few local lakes that produce trophy size Bass but its a hit or miss, if I plan to hunt bass I usually hit Clear Lake, lots of body of water always consistent action, even if you catch tiny ones they fight like no tomorrow, in my history of fishing clear lake never in my life got skunk in that area even everyone says its slow, I heard some stories that fish get caught at Lake Merced but like I said stories.. heres a link for you to to see where you can check where and whats hot on bass fishing please practice catch, photo and release (CPR)

http://www.NCBF.com/
« Last Edit: August 04, 2009, 03:53:53 PM by Darius_MMIII »
Live today for tomorrow's sake.
We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give.

marcusg

• Sand Dab
  • View Profile

sjammer

• Sand Dab
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Aug 2007
There is always Anderson and Coyote south of San Jose.  Coyote has produced some decent size bass.

Sheldon

• Sardine
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Aug 2012
Calero Res can produce, just don't eat them because of the Mercury.

FishingForTheCure

• "I'm going to make dinner because my colors taste like hungry"
  • Manatee
  • LOWRANCE & SIMRAD PRO STAFF
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Apr 2010
You would be hard up to find any bass of eq. size to the Delta.  Anderson is you are looking for little bass.  Coyote produces some descent bass but the lake is only about 2 miles long at full and they only keep it at about 50% capacity so.....  Hit the Delta on the Spawn and it's GAME ON!

Mr.Matt

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: May 2005
+1 on the Delta! It's Hawgsville!
For others, not myself, I just catch the 2-4 pounders. Very frustrating.
Matt

Jeffo

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jul 2006
Delta for sure. 
Oversize Sturgeon Club
Weekday Warrior

Fishgr

• Salmon
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Nov 2011
+1 on the Delta tip. 

Big break, Frank's tract and Cosumnes River Preserve are places that I've gone this year and haven't been let down.  Only problem I've had in the Delta is the wind.  But you can find little spots here and there even in those conditions, but as I've found out, it can get kinda hairy real quick out in the bigger channels and such.   Cosumnes is fun river fishing and quite beautiful n peaceful n junk.

San Pablo and Chabot are pointless to hunt for bass, or much else in my opinion - even though I still try.  Those are my practice lakes.

Clearlake is the shit.  Lake Berryessa can be quite the sleeper - I target smallmouth & biggies up in Putah Creek. Russian River can be fun for smallies in the morning and evenings. 

I like big bass, and I cannot lie.
Hobie Outback 2021
OK T13

• View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jun 2011
shadow cliffs in the back ponds are pretty good to...del val is also good i usally use a senko

CGN-38

• Del Valle Storm Trooper
  • Sea Lion
  • Survivor Del Valle FnC 09'
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Mar 2005
 :smt006

Yeah, the "SF bay area" Sucks for bass fishing.  Sure there are a lot of local lakes, most  were mentioned already, Anderson, Coyote, Uvas, Stevens Creek.  Lexington used to have big bass, but's its been closed for a while and recently reopened however no one has posted any reports from it lately so it's anyone's guess at the moment how good the fishing is now.

Member/survivor STORM TROOPER Brigade

FISHADOW

• SonomaCoastSafetySquad
  • Sea Lion
  • Pusher of the Prowler. Watcher of the Wise.
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: May 2008
IDK bout BIG bass but Lafayette Can be a great little spot to throw senkos and hook fun fighting bass. San pablo will yield plenty of spotted bass. Every once in a great while BIIIG LMB's Clear lake is bass Mecca IMO. Berry is a blast for bass if you know what they want at the time. Cant beat the delta. just havent fished it in sooooo long id hate to give you any advice  :smt009

Says me

Good luck
I like to have fun.......

LIVE LIFE!!!

Mienboy

• there's two sides to every story
  • Sea Lion
  • America, if you don't love it leave it
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jan 2012
Wait for shellback to show you his spots.berreyessa is a good place.close enough to you they have all the types of bass you want lmb smb spots,now we are all waiting for your fishing report.welcome to the madness
My biggest worry is that my wife(when I'm dead)will sell my fishing gear for what I said I paid for it

baitNbeer

• Sea Lion
  • "kick his ass sea-bass!"
  • View Profile delta rats & salty bay dogs
dont sleep on contra loma , theres hogs to be had!
www.mossdalemilitia.com
 once you go yak , you dont go back
"But really though, I dont know how my wifes cucumber melon bodywash got in my dive bag"

Raptor

• Buteo
  • Sand Dab
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Sep 2010
Another +1 on the Delta.  It is, by far, the most consistent for big bass and numbers of them (at least for me).  as far as proximity to Valejo, that would be my suggestion.  There is, of course, the other bodies mentioned such as San Pablo Res., Chabot, etc, but I have made the determination recently that the Delta is the numero uno bass spot for the bay area.  Now go get em!
Somebody just back of you while you are fishing is as bad as someone looking over your shoulder while you write a letter to your girl.  ~Ernest Hemingway

anything