Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 07:06:48 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[Today at 05:07:22 AM]

[March 27, 2024, 10:53:01 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 08:00:55 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 07:25:42 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 07:05:39 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 04:18:57 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 12:35:34 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 11:18:23 AM]

[March 26, 2024, 07:45:07 PM]

[March 26, 2024, 06:19:03 PM]

[March 26, 2024, 05:47:06 PM]

[March 25, 2024, 07:10:08 PM]

[March 25, 2024, 03:17:35 PM]

Support NCKA

Support the site by making a donation.

Topic: Pathways Home at Hennessey 5/9/14 (Merged Threads)  (Read 4443 times)

• View Profile
  • Date Registered: Apr 2014
Had fun, thanks! Beautiful day.

And from the sky.

« Last Edit: May 12, 2014, 08:05:57 AM by Rock Hopper »

Rider

• Sea Lion
  • It's all about the experience
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Aug 2012
Had a great day today but dint get into the fish. Got to net Jim's 18" rainbow.

Awesome job Jim.
#fuckyourfeelings #dontbeadick #whatadick

Great Bass 2

• Catch And Cook (CNC)
  • Sea Lion
  • The Art & Science of Fishing & Cooking
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jul 2006
What a great day. Molly and I had a good time. TX to all of our vets and volunteers.
1st Place 2007 Kayak Connection Father's Day Derby
1st Place 2007 New Melones Trout Derby
1st Place 2011 Lake Berryessa Salmon Slam
1st Place 2011 Pay It Forward Taco Throw Down
1st Place 2011 Albion Open
1st Place 2012 & 2013 Central Coast Custom Lure Contest
1st Place 2013 The Simply Fishing Tournament

noyz

• Salmon
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jul 2013
After waking up late due to alarm clock failure I met up with my brother to accompany me to the HOW event at Lake Hennessey.  I arrived and was greeted by Tim and Don, very friendly guys and every one else was scattered on the water already enjoying themselves.  I launched with my brother and made my way to the tullies across from the dam area.  I trolled a plastic worm for a few bass but nothing over 14" so I switched to a spinner and knocked a few more down.  I had a blast but I wanted to take home some fish to eat so I switched to live nightcrawlers and the bluegill bashing began.  I ended up with my personal best 13.5" and 5 other large specimens.  I lost a bunch but it was a lot of fun, very stress relieving and peaceful.  These guys fought harder than the bass and they taste great.  One last thank you to Don and everyone that was involved in making this happen, you guys are great people.

Ring King

• Salmon
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jun 2013
That thing's a BEAST!!!!  I found a whole pile of them bedding way up at the other end of the lake from you guys today but couldn't get them to hit a Beetle Spin or a jig.  I guess I needed a bucket of nightcrawlers as well!!  There's always next time! Congrats on bringing home some fresh groceries!!

Ring King

• Salmon
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jun 2013
I didn't take near as many pictures at the event as I had planned but here are a few of them.

It turned out to be a beautiful day on the water and I'm pretty sure everyone had a great time.  My son, Evan, and I got to the ramp early to help get everything set up.  We helped unload yaks, rig rods, set up the "kitchen" and had pretty much everything ready to go by the time the veterans arrived. 

I hit the water and paired up with Dave.  He was a bass fisherman through and through and needed no instruction on what to do so we just proceeded to buddy fish down the bank opposite the ramp.  He managed a couple fish early and it took me a little bit to dial in the fish.  We fished until just before lunch and Dave decided he wanted to head back to the ramp for a bite to eat.  I continued on around the lake and started picking up fish pretty regularly.  My wife keeps tight reigns on me lately so when I have a chance to fish I don't "waste" time eating!  I stayed out all day and eventually hooked back up with Evan who had been trying every Hobie that he found sitting unattended on the beach! LOL  He really liked being in his own boat as he usually is sitting on a cooler on the rear deck of my Pro Angler.  He wanted to make sure I thanked Danglin and Rider again for the time he got in the Sport and Revo. 

We had a blast today at our first NorCal HOW event.  It was a little different than the Florida Chapter we used to volunteer with (freshwater fishing here vs. saltwater in Florida) but the hospitality couldn't be beat!!  Not to mention the fact that Jack cooked up some fantastic breakfast tacos!!!  It was good to meet everyone and I look forward to seeing all of you on the water again in the future!

These were my two best fish of the day.  I ended up with 25 bass for me with most of them being just under the 16" mark needed for Kayak Wars points but they were still fun.  Evan ended up with six fish himself with the biggest being almost 4lbs.  Not bad for our first day on Lake Hennessey and I do see a return trip in our future!!

« Last Edit: May 09, 2014, 11:15:07 PM by Danglin »

WingShooter

• Sea Lion
  • I fish not to escape life but to live it.
  • View Profile Branson Baits
  • Date Registered: Aug 2009
Monster Sunfish!!! Nice work.
www.bransonbaits.com 

US Hobie Fishing Team Member
Lowrance Pro-Staff
EGO Pro-Staff
Lew's Pro-Staff
Diawa Pro-Staff

raydon

• Sea Lion
  • Fishy in the sea, won't you bite my hook for me?
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Oct 2010
I caught three sunfish today.  If I put them mouth to nose in a row, they wouldn't be as long as that beast.

FishingForTheCure

• "I'm going to make dinner because my colors taste like hungry"
  • Manatee
  • LOWRANCE & SIMRAD PRO STAFF
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Apr 2010

Sailfish

• Manatee
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Sep 2006
Those Red Ears are great deep fried!  :smt007  Thanks for the report and pictures noyz.
"Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass...it's about learning how to dance in the rain."

Danglin

• Sea Lion
  • Accept Yourself, So Shall The World ...
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: May 2006
What a perfect day…

So kool to finally have a date with this bunch at Pathways Home.  Great guys working hard on whats real and thanks to Jasmine and Kim for making it happen too.  The caretaker and assistant could not have been more helpful in helping us get this done quickly and were very accommodating when kayakjack decided to set up the kitchen in the RED ZONE of the ramp.  They even brought picnic tables!

The fish cooperated too and the Gods were really shinning on us with a 1000lb fish plant just as we deployed…  The driver of the truck put Raydon to work with checking the temp, 65 degrees…  Everyone was awesome, Pathways Home, The City of Napa and of course our Nor Cal HOW volunteers…

Hennessey is a perfect lake for what were doing, logistics, beauty and fish.  This will be happening again, soon…

Thanks everyone for another job well done….
« Last Edit: May 12, 2014, 08:01:50 AM by Rock Hopper »
There are 3 Types of people in the world,,,

The Sheep, The Sheep Dog & The Wolf,

Which are You ,,,

2006 NCKA Shark Fishing Tournament Champion    
2nd Moutcha Bay, BC. 2006 "Tyee" Surfing Contest
ELK 07  1st Place Loser
HMB 09 3rd Place
HMB 09 Sardine Champion
2009-2016 Northern California HOW Coordinator

Love Baja…  :smt055

Sailfish

• Manatee
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Sep 2006
Thanks for all the hard works guys.  NCKA rocks!!!
"Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass...it's about learning how to dance in the rain."

wormguy

• The trouble with the rat race is that even if you win, you're still a rat
  • Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Sep 2012
That's really great Don!
Native Slayer Propel 13
Hobie Revolution 11

Danglin

• Sea Lion
  • Accept Yourself, So Shall The World ...
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: May 2006
Got real kick out of Ring King's son and Kim's daughter,,,  The kid was a real go getter, helped at every chance, and fished like a demon… strong work kid..

and Kim's daughter was amazing… she insisted on "teaching" the vet how to clean a fish and then when it would not fit in the freezer bag, she broke the tail with her bare hands…

classic and what a charmer!!!  :smt005
There are 3 Types of people in the world,,,

The Sheep, The Sheep Dog & The Wolf,

Which are You ,,,

2006 NCKA Shark Fishing Tournament Champion    
2nd Moutcha Bay, BC. 2006 "Tyee" Surfing Contest
ELK 07  1st Place Loser
HMB 09 3rd Place
HMB 09 Sardine Champion
2009-2016 Northern California HOW Coordinator

Love Baja…  :smt055

noyz

• Salmon
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jul 2013
I've heard these fish called red ears and also blue gills, which is correct? Or is it a, where you come from kind of thing? We fried em up outside and had the whole neighborhood smelling like fish.  They were delicious though.

anything