Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 09:34:50 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[Today at 08:56:41 AM]

[Today at 08:08:50 AM]

[Today at 07:24:38 AM]

[April 18, 2024, 10:26:01 PM]

[April 18, 2024, 07:53:15 PM]

[April 18, 2024, 06:54:40 PM]

by jp52
[April 18, 2024, 02:25:47 PM]

[April 18, 2024, 02:15:59 PM]

[April 18, 2024, 01:10:11 PM]

[April 18, 2024, 11:10:06 AM]

[April 18, 2024, 09:46:32 AM]

[April 18, 2024, 09:43:09 AM]

[April 18, 2024, 09:32:03 AM]

[April 18, 2024, 06:51:56 AM]

[April 17, 2024, 07:24:10 PM]

[April 17, 2024, 06:09:58 PM]

by Clb
[April 17, 2024, 05:19:05 PM]

[April 16, 2024, 09:41:56 PM]

[April 16, 2024, 05:41:52 PM]

[April 16, 2024, 04:34:12 PM]

[April 16, 2024, 04:12:33 PM]

[April 16, 2024, 03:10:47 PM]

[April 16, 2024, 02:05:51 PM]

[April 16, 2024, 01:19:27 PM]

[April 16, 2024, 09:43:54 AM]

[April 16, 2024, 09:22:18 AM]

Support NCKA

Support the site by making a donation.

Topic: Clear Lake: Early Report  (Read 13296 times)

The X Inn Keeper

• Life is Good!
  • Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Oct 2007
Hold on guys - Before we throw stones

I tend to release my catch,
But I can't be upset at those who don't as long as they do so in a legal way.
If we have a problem with keeping our catch than I would assume we also have a problem using live bait for a fish that is easily caught on lure. The truth is the laws make for a sustainable loss and in "most" situations many warm water species tend to over populate. If no laws were broken and the system wasn't abused than I say "Have a great dinner" but use moderation.

Funny thing is nobody is complaning about catching Salmon or rockfish when they are believed to be in a more serious state (according to studies) - also - we fish the river for Salmon or Steelhead or even Sturgeon - isn't that where they spawn?

Maybe we all have something to learn about bad form?
Hobie Outback (dune)

Danglin

• Sea Lion
  • Accept Yourself, So Shall The World ...
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: May 2006

If we have a problem with keeping our catch than I would assume we also have a problem using live bait for a fish that is easily caught on lure. The truth is the laws make for a sustainable loss and in "most" situations many warm water species tend to over populate. If no laws were broken and the system wasn't abused than I say "Have a great dinner" but use moderation.

Funny thing is nobody is complaning about catching Salmon or rockfish when they are believed to be in a more serious state (according to studies) - also - we fish the river for Salmon or Steelhead or even Sturgeon - isn't that where they spawn?

+1   

His report was Heart Felled and paid the price many times yesterday....

If he wanted those bass, I don't have a problem with it, CL can take the Hit....

He is also showing TONS of spirit as to what this sport is all about....

and as Yakhoper said, Moderation is key....

Nice job daviator
There are 3 Types of people in the world,,,

The Sheep, The Sheep Dog & The Wolf,

Which are You ,,,

2006 NCKA Shark Fishing Tournament Champion    
2nd Moutcha Bay, BC. 2006 "Tyee" Surfing Contest
ELK 07  1st Place Loser
HMB 09 3rd Place
HMB 09 Sardine Champion
2009-2016 Northern California HOW Coordinator

Love Baja…  :smt055

• Fishing is the perpetual series occasion of hope.
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: May 2009

+2 Lets just leave criticism to the critics.. on the side note.. I forgot to thank Jeff smith for the wading boots he loaned me, I forgot to give them back to ya whenever we another hook up I will definitely bring em..
Live today for tomorrow's sake.
We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give.

mooch

• 2006 Angler of the Year
  • Manatee
  • Cancer Fighter
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Dec 2004

+1   

If he wanted those bass, I don't have a problem with it, CL can take the Hit....

Nice job daviator

I agree

Ross

• Salmon
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Sep 2009
Here are a couple pics from our trip.  The first shows just how full the lake is (was) before this last rain. The smile in the second one is what it's all about.  :D

Nice spirit Dave. What a bummer to miss the check-in after all that.

mooch

• 2006 Angler of the Year
  • Manatee
  • Cancer Fighter
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Dec 2004
Ross, thanks again for sharing your site with me on Friday - that was very cool of you! It was nice to finally meet you and Cameron. I think the best part of the weekend was watching your son catch his 3 fish in front of everybody else :smt003

152 Sumo

• Salmon
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jun 2006

I agree as well.  I believe that the regs, if followed, will protect the bass population.  LMB are probably the most popular game fish in the US.  There is no way that FNG officials will let the population become endangered.  If someone wants to keep a fish within regulations, so be it. 

Sailfish

• Manatee
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Sep 2006

+2 Lets just leave criticism to the critics.. on the side note.. I forgot to thank Jeff smith for the wading boots he loaned me, I forgot to give them back to ya whenever we another hook up I will definitely bring em..

+3
"Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass...it's about learning how to dance in the rain."

Uminchu Naoaki

• Fisherman from Okinawa
  • Sea Lion
  • Uminchu
  • View Profile my YouTube
  • Date Registered: Jun 2006

+1   

Nice job daviator

I agree
me too

&

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Mar 2005
WTG all for braving the elements and making for another smash hit.  Daviator, good job on the LMB's.  And you were asking ME for bass advice?   :smt002

Ross

• Salmon
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Sep 2009
Glad to have you Mooch - and the man-cot didn't take much space.

Like he says: "No Mooch, You're fishing, I'm catching."  :smt044

guitarzan

• Sea Lion
  • Its Madness.
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jan 2006
Good times for all but the minnows. I managed to get OTW Fri and Sat, landing 3 Bass to 17.5, and a chunky 16er from shore...
The weather was nice and sunny Fri, Sat it got colder by the minute, by the time I got to shore my hands were freezing and I knew I wasnt going Sunday, with rain and the cold front not even here yet.... Sunday morning the shore looked like the the bean as I watched Mike going out....
The minnows... I lost a platoon that were in a tow-behind bucket, but the main battle group were in a latching pail bucket and made it thru both nights. I still have a dozen giants on the porch waiting for Sonoma sometime this week.
Great hanging with the crew, lots of different fires to visit, great kids all around, not a brat in the house.
Thanx Eric for putting this together.
Elk 2008 Winner
Mooch strong
http://www.flickr.com/photos/56542681@N08/sets/
I sure do miss you guys.

Hambone

• Sand Dab
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Dec 2008
Had a great weekend despite the poor weather.  Went up on Friday morning with my neighbor, and was on the water by 7:30.  For the day we caught 11 fish, all coming from minnows.  Woke up in the morning and fished for 3 hours, until the weather got the best of us.  That and we weren’t catching any fish, so we took off around 11.  All in all, a great weekend of fishing and camping.  The best quote of the day came from a Tournament bass fisherman”….”you kayak guys are F###ing crazy, for going out there in this weather.” here are some pics

jarhead65

• Sand Dab
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Feb 2009
Eric, thank you very much for the event I had a great time (especially for my first time fishing in the ocean ha ha) and it was nice to meet some of you guys cant wait to do it again......
2009 wilderness system ride 135,cuda 168,wave paddle

Jedmo

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: May 2008
What fun we had at Clear Lake. I only wished the rain would have waited till Monday. Regardless, the company of Hojo and Darius was awesome. Thanks Darius
for reserving the site for me and Hojo.

The fishing wasn't all that great for me. Well I didn't catch any fish at all. :smt009 :smt009 Congrats to all the winners. And big thanks to Yakhopper and
the sponsors for making this event happen. I can't wait for the next one Eric.

Jedmo
1st place GS3 2009
7th place AOTY 2009