Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:27:35 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[Today at 10:06:12 AM]

[Today at 10:05:24 AM]

[Today at 08:17:00 AM]

[March 27, 2024, 07:25:42 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 07:05:39 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 04:18:57 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 12:35:34 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 11:18:23 AM]

[March 26, 2024, 07:45:07 PM]

[March 26, 2024, 06:19:03 PM]

[March 26, 2024, 05:47:06 PM]

Support NCKA

Support the site by making a donation.

Topic: 2013 CA Fishing License  (Read 6169 times)

Baitman

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Mar 2011
   I think Cal FAG has gotten way out of control with these fees.      I remember the days when it was 3 dollars and no special stamps.  Ocean Fishing was free to all...      What is next?   Rock fish stamps for each  species? 

We ought to have a statewide boycott.    Without the income they extort from license fees, I bet they'd change this real fast.   

Not that it would ever happen,  but  I would give up fishing for a year just to make a statement.

They are way over funded as it is.   I have a neighbor who, for years,  drives off to work in a full size SUV with  CA F&G  emblem on the side of it...    Our stamps pay for personal transportation and gas to every F&G employee ?

Sometimes the fish isn't the only prize.
2nd place  Simply Fishing 2013
   Designer  Raptor kayaks

You must pass through the valley of stupidity to ascend the mountain of knowledge.

Archie Marx

• AOTY Committee
  • Hobie Revo 13 & 16
  • View Profile kayakcity.com
  • Date Registered: Dec 2008
   I think Cal FAG has gotten way out of control with these fees.      I remember the days when it was 3 dollars and no special stamps.  Ocean Fishing was free to all...      What is next?   Rock fish stamps for each  species? 

We ought to have a statewide boycott.    Without the income they extort from license fees, I bet they'd change this real fast.   

Not that it would ever happen,  but  I would give up fishing for a year just to make a statement.

They are way over funded as it is.   I have a neighbor who, for years,  drives off to work in a full size SUV with  CA F&G  emblem on the side of it...    Our stamps pay for personal transportation and gas to every F&G employee ?

Ahh yes, the days before prop 13....

Your experience is different from mine.  Was your neighbor a warden?  If so, he was probably working from home.

The DFG I work for requires us to buy our own uniforms and some of our own field gear.  I had several of my studies cut short this year due to a travel restriction (ie, we couldn't even use state vehicles for official state business).

If you want DFG to spend less money, then ask the SJ valley water interest to stop suing the department.  The last time they sued DFG, they had to propose some asinine striper regulation changes that were inevitably shot down by the F&G commission... Cost to taxpayers... millions.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2012, 08:02:26 AM by ATD »
1st - 2013 Angler of the Year- All time high score
1st - 2016 Angler of the Year
1st - 2016 CCKF AOTY - All time high score

The X Inn Keeper

• Life is Good!
  • Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Oct 2007
I used to think the Lic. fees were way out of line,
but after building a list of all the fish avail to persue in Cali, and comparing it to the fish avail to persue in other states, It's clear to see why Cali. licenses are more expensive than other states.
It's funny, a friend of mine is from back east and says they (Colorado) have more fish and lic. fees are only $20.00 or so. I asked him how the Albicore bite was or the Steelhead, and he laughed and said "I get the point".
California has one of the most diverse collection of species to fish for in the country, we have both warm and cold, fresh and salt water species as well as brackish water.
As proven by the AOTY entries, these fish are also fairly abundant and can be cought with a little expertise.
$45.00 + is not that bad if you really do the math.
Hobie Outback (dune)

Archie Marx

• AOTY Committee
  • Hobie Revo 13 & 16
  • View Profile kayakcity.com
I used to think the Lic. fees were way out of line,
but after building a list of all the fish avail to persue in Cali, and comparing it to the fish avail to persue in other states, It's clear to see why Cali. licenses are more expensive than other states.
It's funny, a friend of mine is from back east and says they (Colorado) have more fish and lic. fees are only $20.00 or so. I asked him how the Albicore bite was or the Steelhead, and he laughed and said "I get the point".
California has one of the most diverse collection of species to fish for in the country, we have both warm and cold, fresh and salt water species as well as brackish water.
As proven by the AOTY entries, these fish are also fairly abundant and can be cought with a little expertise.
$45.00 + is not that bad if you really do the math.

Thank you Eric.
1st - 2013 Angler of the Year- All time high score
1st - 2016 Angler of the Year
1st - 2016 CCKF AOTY - All time high score

Paddleboy84

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile Headwaters Kayak Shop
  • Date Registered: Mar 2011
Headwaters Kayak Shop Lodi CA, ran by paddlers for paddlers
Headwater Fishing Team Member

http://headwatersfishing.blogspot.com/

bigred23

• Sand Dab
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Aug 2009
well put Eric and Adam.
eddyline calypso 12                                                        eddyline carribean 14                                                         eddyline c-135

ex-kayaker

• mara pescador
  • Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Dec 2004
I'm not happy about it but I'm gonna shut up and pay it  :smt012

I realize the price of everything is up....but I'd like to get more than what the DFG has given us. All this public/private partnership is crap, I'd like to see the dept. start pushing the judicial branch for prison time for both buyers and sellers in illegal poaching ring cases and I'd like to see more wardens instead of mindless garbage like "we should spend millions to change the name of our agency". 
..........agarcia is just an ex-kayaker

Fish 'n Brew

• Sea Lion
  • Martin
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: May 2008
It's the best $45 dollar spend for me when it comes to fun and entertainment.  Dinner and a movie for 2 costs at least double that and it's over in just a few hours.

DrDave

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Sep 2009
Censored by myself to my first post... after all this is not a political arena; :smt001 however, I left the rest so you could get the feeling of the post.  :smt006

"Hold the Line!" "What we do in life echoes in eternity"... or at least that is what our staff toasts to after a long week.

Sorry, for the rant...pay Caesar, his small coins... everyone has an agenda...some are noble and some are for personal profit and/or gain. I can rest easy at the end of each day and fight harder the next day for each and every student at our school.  Pay Ceasar now... it is only to fish today (and for the year)... tomorrow is a new day.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2012, 08:36:09 PM by DrDave »
“This time, like all times, is a very good one, if we but know what to do with it.” Ralph Waldo Emerson

Rookie.Slayer

• Salmon
  • Watching the sunset with my rod tip on the horizon
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jun 2011
U add everything up and its quite a fee, but I tend to spend more on bait, beer, and gas on every fishing trip so a few more dollars definitely won't deter me one bit.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

2012 Outback

SeaWeed

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
I Bitch because I could buy more beer or Tackle. :smt003
SOYLENT GREEN IS PEOPLE!!

OHV

• Sand Dab
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jan 2009

piski

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jan 2008
Quote from: ravensblack
Half a tank of gas.

and less than most people spend at Starbucks in month.
Catch & Repeat

atavuss

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jul 2009
Boycott for a year?  After all I have spent on a boat and a yak and all the rods, reels, tackle, etc.?  I think not!  It will be the best 45.00 I will have spent all year. 
Fishing is cheaper than therapy!

scubaluis

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Nov 2010
$45 + whatever other fees... its about $100 for bucks
if you guys do 1 skydive it will cost you about $200.00 + $50.00 for the video and another $20 .00 for the shirt... it will be over in about 5 minutes.
45 bucks is not bad and if you do OK you may get dinner to take home.

Eric you are right on, I met this guy at SFO when I was coming back from Cabo and ask me if I came to the Bay Area to fish ( I had my rods in the case) He was here from Arizona to fish for Albacore and Rockfish, He said He wanted to get some salmon too. His license for non-resident was over 100 bucks and that was about 5 years ago.
"If you can not laugh at yourself, make fun of other people"

Stealth Fisha 500
Jackson Kraken
Ocean Kayak
Hobie Adventure
Wilderness System Tandem

anything