Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 04:31:19 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[Today at 04:15:52 AM]

[Today at 04:04:00 AM]

[Today at 02:42:27 AM]

[April 24, 2024, 09:45:12 PM]

[April 24, 2024, 08:39:39 PM]

[April 24, 2024, 07:50:41 PM]

[April 24, 2024, 04:31:01 PM]

[April 24, 2024, 11:46:31 AM]

[April 24, 2024, 10:38:46 AM]

[April 24, 2024, 10:16:10 AM]

[April 24, 2024, 06:30:45 AM]

[April 23, 2024, 09:07:13 PM]

[April 23, 2024, 07:29:14 PM]

[April 23, 2024, 07:26:53 PM]

[April 23, 2024, 06:03:07 PM]

[April 23, 2024, 06:01:09 PM]

[April 23, 2024, 01:20:14 PM]

[April 23, 2024, 09:23:34 AM]

[April 23, 2024, 12:06:38 AM]

Support NCKA

Support the site by making a donation.

Topic: A real Kayak Fishing tour!!  (Read 2045 times)

ZeeHokkaido

• Sea Lion
  • Kayaking + Fishing = Happiness!
  • View Profile Kayak Fishing Hokkaido
  • Date Registered: Jul 2006
Well it's happened. I never thought it would so quickly but an actual kayak fishing tour with 18 events. Pretty awesome that kayak fishing is getting there but no stops on the west coast!?!? One look at the logo below of the redfish tail and you know it's a gulf coast thing. More info below.

Z

HOBIE CAT COMPANY TO BE PRESENTING SPONSOR OF
NEWLY-FORMED IFA KAYAK FISHING TOUR

Oceanside, California - August 26, 2009 - Hobie Cat Company today is announcing a partnership with the Inshore Fishing Association (IFA) to be the presenting sponsor of the newly-formed IFA Kayak Fishing Tour. The tour will be launched in February of 2010 with an inaugural showcase event to take place on September 20, 2009 in Titusville, Florida, the day after the final IFA Florida East Coast Division Redfish Tournament. The series will include 18 catch-photograph-release Kayak Fishing Tour events plus a Championship. Events will be held on Sundays, each one following a Saturday IFA Redfish Tournament designed for motorized boats of 15' and longer.

The new IFA Kayak Fishing Tour, presented by Hobie Fishing, offers a viable and exciting alternative for those anglers who enjoy the spirit of competition and whose preference is for a non-motorized, self-propelled boat. The competition includes Redfish, Trout, Flounder and Aggregate/Slam divisions plus a Junior Angler award. Four Hobie fishing boats will awarded at each of the 19 tournaments, including the ICAST Best of Show Hobie Mirage Pro Angler to each Slam winner. The purse will also include cash prizes.

"Hobie Fishing, like the IFA, is dedicated to educating the fishing public on the importance of maintaining the country's fishing resources and promoting the friendly spirit of competition," commented Doug Skidmore, president of Hobie Cat Company. Bart Schad, IFA's vice president of marketing, went onto say that "in addition to partnering on education, the addition of Hobie Fishing opens up an exciting new dimension to our tournaments that can attract a whole new audience of anglers."

In addition to promoting the adrenalin rush of tournament kayak fishing, the tour addresses two important issues for Hobie. Hobie is 100% committed to ensuring that all their marketing efforts benefit their retail outlets so Hobie Fishing Team members, each sponsored by a local Hobie retailer, will participate in each event. In addition, the company is acutely aware that the growth of Hobie Fishing will ultimately come about by getting more anglers involved and by inviting young anglers into the sport. The IFA Kayak Fishing Tour will meet these goals.

The 2010 events include three events each in six regions including Florida East Coast, Florida West Coast, Atlantic, Gulf Coast, Louisiana and Texas. To sign up for the September 20 inaugural event, go to www.redfishtour.com.

Since 1950, Hobie has been in the business of shaping a unique lifestyle based around fun, water, and quality products. From their headquarters in Oceanside, California, Hobie Cat Company manufactures, distributes, and markets an impressive collection of eco-friendly watercraft worldwide. These include an ever-expanding line of recreational and racing sailboats; pedal-driven and paddle sit-on-top kayaks; fishing boats; and authorized parts and accessories.
2010 NWKA Angler Of The Year
2008 Moutcha Bay Pro - 1st place
Stealth Kayaks
Kokatat Watersports Wear
Hobie Polarized Sunglasses
Orion Coolers

LoletaEric

• Gimme Shelter Annual Kayakfishing Tournament Director
  • Manatee
  • The focus is achieving a state of mind.
  • View Profile LoletaEric.com
  • Date Registered: Dec 2004
Call me when there's a REAL kayak fishing tour w/o the training wheels!   :smt005

Good stuff, Z-Man.  I'm just being a smartass.   :smt001
I am a licensed guide.  DFW Guide ID:  1000124.   Let's do a trip together.

Loleta Eric's Guide Service

loletaeric@yahoo.com - call me up at (707) 845-0400

http://www.loletaeric.com

Being an honorable sportsman is way more important than what you catch.

Tote

• One life, right? Don't blow it.
  • Global Moderator
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jul 2005
I am going to run it by the GF and see if I can quit my day job.
<=>

Sailfish

• Manatee
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Sep 2006
I'm thinking about moving back to Texas  :smt003
"Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass...it's about learning how to dance in the rain."

AlgieSwift

• Salmon
  • 1st yak fish, +30" wsb (6/6/09)
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Sep 2008

anything