Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 11:50:18 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[Today at 11:49:33 AM]

[Today at 11:27:54 AM]

[Today at 11:22:14 AM]

[Today at 11:08:39 AM]

[March 27, 2024, 07:25:42 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 07:05:39 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 04:18:57 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 12:35:34 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 11:18:23 AM]

[March 26, 2024, 07:45:07 PM]

[March 26, 2024, 06:19:03 PM]

[March 26, 2024, 05:47:06 PM]

Support NCKA

Support the site by making a donation.

Topic: 1/29/2012 Crabfest at Doran (Report & pics)  (Read 14744 times)

mickfish

• Global Moderator
  • Fish & Chill
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jun 2005
Did I say the Food was Good?
Group IQ is inversely proportional to the size of the group.

A Steelhead always knows where he is going, but a Man seldom does.

FISHALLDAY

• Salmon
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Nov 2011
It was awesome meeting all of you guys. Thanks Vwool and Dan for setting up the event. I'm definitely looking forward to the next Crabfest/Ncka meet.

Spike

I trained a lot harder for eating, than crabbing, for this event and here are the results.
The food was.....WOW!
I gotta say Marvin's red chowder was the best clam chowder I've ever had and with respect to all, the best dish at Crabfest.  A close second was the dutch oven cobbler that hit Chadrock and Sarah's camp Saturday evening (who was that?).  That was the only cobbler I've ever tried that didn't need ice cream because it was so buttery and rich.
Thanks Everyone!

Shicken

• HAC
  • Salmon
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Feb 2006
Awesome event, thanks to vwool and company for all the hard work. 

I had a great time just hanging out and cooking.

Weimarian

• Sea Lion
  • The fish, I hear them! work can wait! let's go!
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Mar 2011
I trained a lot harder for eating, than crabbing, for this event and here are the results.
The food was.....WOW!
I gotta say Marvin's red chowder was the best clam chowder I've ever had and with respect to all, the best dish at Crabfest.  A close second was the dutch oven cobbler that hit Chadrock and Sarah's camp Saturday evening (who was that?).  That was the only cobbler I've ever tried that didn't need ice cream because it was so buttery and rich.
Thanks Everyone!
That was my wife's :smt007 There is a reason I weigh in at 250# :smt005 That gal can cook and still uses blocks of butter :smt044 Christmas shopping includes 10# of butter... See ya at the next potluck :smt044 :smt044 :smt044
Come on out! It's time to play. It's time for TROUT Bass and STRIPER. Let go of the hand brake!

Jedmo

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: May 2008
I wished I didn't miss the Saturday night parties but sure glad I was able to make it on Sunday. Awesome job Victor and Dan and everyone else that was involved on making this event happen for all of us to enjoy. Thanks to the sponsors as well. It was a pleasure meeting new folks and seeing old friends again. See you all soon.

Jedmo
1st place GS3 2009
7th place AOTY 2009

AlsHobieOutback

• - = Proud Member of Team A-HULLS! = -
  • Administrator
  • "I love it when a plan comes together!"
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Apr 2007
Man was the food good!  I didn't even make it past the first two tables!   :smt005  I can still tase the last thing I tried though, which was Jim/Dr. H's Habenro Jelly!  Damn that was good!!!   :smt007  Oh wait, you gave me some!  :smt003  Guess i'll have to have some now  :smt044
"A ship in harbor is safe, but that is not what ships are built for."

IG: alshobie

Meekerman11

• Sardine
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jan 2012
Thanks to all. Even though I am a newbee, I felt welcomed and a part of a great group. Never thought a rock crab would be so rewarded. That new crab trap is a unique design. Will try it out soon.
Scott

Great Bass 2

• Catch And Cook (CNC)
  • Sea Lion
  • The Art & Science of Fishing & Cooking
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jul 2006
Glyn -congrats on a well deserved victory. You are one of NCKA's best anglers and put in a lot of time on the water. A first class guy too. I'll give you some better competition next year.

This was my last crab trip for the 2011-2012 season which was the best crab year I have ever had. I can honestly say, after over 100 crabs, I need to find some fish.  :smt005 All that said, I really enjoyed the last of my wife's famous crab cakes for the last time until November. Crabfest was a perfect way to end my crab season. Thanks one last time to Victor and Dan. You guys rock. NCKA is a brotherhood and sisterhood like no other. Sunday was really something special as is every NCKA get together.

Scott
1st Place 2007 Kayak Connection Father's Day Derby
1st Place 2007 New Melones Trout Derby
1st Place 2011 Lake Berryessa Salmon Slam
1st Place 2011 Pay It Forward Taco Throw Down
1st Place 2011 Albion Open
1st Place 2012 & 2013 Central Coast Custom Lure Contest
1st Place 2013 The Simply Fishing Tournament

AbMan

• Salmon
  • View Profile
Glyn -congrats on a well deserved victory. You are one of NCKA's best anglers and put in a lot of time on the water. A first class guy too. I'll give you some better competition next year.

+1

vwool

• "Grab life by the Paddle"
  • Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Feb 2011
Just wanted to share this group photo.
Eddyline Caribbean 12
OK Malibu Two XL
Hobie Revo

Host of Crabfest 2012-2022

sctrace

• Salmon
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jul 2010
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.3344433415485.170423.1408235367&type=1

Ok, try this link for crabfest pics!  Its my FB page, so if it doesn't work, friend me! (Tracey Ziomek)  I can't seem to upload any directly here from my mac (user error undoubtedly).

THANKS to everyone who helped make Sal's trip out from NY for his first time crabbing, and on top of that, out of a kayak!...a time to remember!  He has called my twice since to tell me how great the food was!!!   :smt007

AbMan

• Salmon
  • View Profile
Thanks for the pic Tracey.  AbLab will be out for some more crab soon.

vwool

• "Grab life by the Paddle"
  • Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Feb 2011
Eddyline Caribbean 12
OK Malibu Two XL
Hobie Revo

Host of Crabfest 2012-2022

Sledge

• GetSome!!!
  • Sea Lion
  • GetSome!!! Hell Yeah!!!
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Apr 2009
Man can't believe I missed this :smt009  had a few calls from friends asking if I was going to make it... :smt009  Couldn't but I'm down for nxt yr for sure!!!  All the good times and Great food I missed out ON... man I even saw pics of girls frolicking in Bikini's   :smt005  Vwool WTFGS Brother!!!   Count me in for 2013 Crabfest!!!

Not only did jonsey Get Some he was giving with that killer cook up ya guys threw down...DAMN  Snooze ya lose!!!! :smt044 :smt044 :smt044
It's all about Today!!! Because who knows what tomorrow will bring... so Better get OTW n GetSome