Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 05:42:58 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[Today at 05:32:15 PM]

[Today at 04:51:41 PM]

[Today at 04:43:49 PM]

[Today at 03:38:04 PM]

[Today at 02:40:25 PM]

[Today at 12:23:11 PM]

[Today at 10:38:26 AM]

[Today at 08:08:50 AM]

[April 18, 2024, 10:26:01 PM]

[April 18, 2024, 07:53:15 PM]

[April 18, 2024, 02:15:59 PM]

[April 18, 2024, 01:10:11 PM]

[April 18, 2024, 11:10:06 AM]

[April 18, 2024, 09:46:32 AM]

[April 18, 2024, 09:43:09 AM]

[April 18, 2024, 09:32:03 AM]

[April 18, 2024, 06:51:56 AM]

[April 17, 2024, 07:24:10 PM]

[April 17, 2024, 06:09:58 PM]

by Clb
[April 17, 2024, 05:19:05 PM]

[April 16, 2024, 09:41:56 PM]

[April 16, 2024, 05:41:52 PM]

[April 16, 2024, 04:34:12 PM]

Support NCKA

Support the site by making a donation.

Topic: GET YOURSELF CHECKED!!!  (Read 65293 times)

tiny

• Striper
  • Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Nov 2009
Hope you kill that shit Bro.See you at Albion.
A creative man is motivated by the desire to achieve,not by the desire to beat others-Ayn Rand

Ocean Kayak Trident 13 urban camo
RTM Abaco orange and black   HELL YEAH

piski

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jan 2008
Glad to hear it's mild enough to be remedied at home, Eric. Wipe it out.
Catch & Repeat

Desertdiver

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Nov 2010
Positive thoughts for, hang in there.

otobepelagic

• o2b
  • Sea Lion
  • 1st, 2nd, and 3rd
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Apr 2007
Well, I can't believe it's been five years..my has time flown. Eight o'clock tomorrow morning I get the baseball bat with a Gopro attached to it. No big deal...been there..done it. Headed home to drink the magic elixir, light a scented candle, open a fresh box of baby wipes, and set up Netflix on the laptop. Gonna be a loooong night. 

Get Yourself Checked !!!

Update. All went well. If you are going to have this procedure done ask your doctor for the Suprep Prep Kit. It's much less invasive.

« Last Edit: May 18, 2016, 12:12:37 PM by otobepelagic »
NCKA Angler of the Year 2010 1st Place, 2009 2nd Place, 2008 3rd Place          

Living the dream before I can only dream of it.......

• Cabeza de Martillo
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jan 2011
Thanks for the reminder .....need to make a pot of refried beans for the taco shack  :smt028
Pronounced in Spanish  ka·be·za de mar·t·yo
Translates to Hammerhead in English for my Gringo amigos.
....and yes that's me with a 6ft. green moray in the avatar.

"Spearos before Hos" - Silent Hunter

"Give your son a fish and you'll feed him for a day.
Teach him how to spearfish and he'll feed you for a lifetime" - Cabeza de Martillo

Proud Papa of ...........
2018 JAOTY Lucas aka Baja Ninja
2018 JDOTY Noah aka Silent Hunter

Tote

• One life, right? Don't blow it.
  • Global Moderator
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jul 2005
Well, I can't believe it's been five years..my has time flown. Eight o'clock tomorrow morning I get the baseball bat with a Gopro attached to it. No big deal...been there..done it. Headed home to drink the magic elixir, light a scented candle, open a fresh box of baby wipes, and set up Netflix on the laptop. Gonna be a loooong night. 

Get Yourself Checked !!!

Remind me not to touch your laptop.  :smt044
And don't worry. I'm sure you will be surrounded by plenty of doctors. No way would they leave you in there with just one...alone...while you were unconscious......and in a very vulnerable position. Don't even give it a second thought. 
And if you wake up and are walking a little funnier than when you went in, I'm sure it's only from the instrument that was used.
Who owned it and who used it?????????   :smt102
Good luck Alanzo. I'm sure it will go just fine.   :smt002
<=>

snapperhead

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jun 2006

Get Yourself Checked !!!

That is the most positive outlook for that procedure ever!!! I had a partial, which means NO sedation :smt011. It felt like they were twisting a red hot knife inside my belly. The worst part is the "long night". Thanks for reviving this thread, everyone needs to see it. 
"Life is like a school of rockfish, you never know what you're gonna get"

Dale L

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Dec 2005
I had my first one about 6 yrs ago (got the 10 yr pass), rolled me into the room and there were 3 nurses and a doc, all female, one picked up the syringe of sedative, looked at me and said "we're having a party and you're invited", made me laugh, then the lights went out, briefly woke up during the fantastic voyage to see my innards on the big screen.......

I like your description of the prep supplies, pretty accurate,

Good Luck on the trip.

porky (bp)

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: May 2009
Eric B, I hope you are well.

2 weeks ago had my wife get herself checked. She had her first mammogram. It revealed white spots in, now, two areas of concern.

We went back and she got a diagnostic mammogram and a ultra sound, results were the same. During this time she also located the feared lump.

The white spots were called calcification, so, their concerns are the irregular edages and branching type look?

So Monday we had a biopsy done, 12 pokes, 2 different sites.

Now we wait.

I have a lot of experience with cancer after losing my dad to a long horrible throat cancer battle.

But no experience with this.

I'm hoping things come back ok, but I'm not going to lie, I'm freaked the F--k out.  We have two little girls, which many of you know.

What can I expect here?

Any help/advice from those who've done this?

The wait is hell.

VK

cant imagine what this must feel like..sending positive waves and good vibes for your wife ,you and all your family   :smt001

Fisherman X

• Sea Lion
  • Going to the ocean is going home
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Sep 2007
I've been there with my wife, too. The waiting for results is awful, I know. Hang in there and try not to get too worked up over what is unknown at this point.

A quote that has helped me during this type of thing as well as my own diagnosis and treatment is:

Worry is paying interest on a debt not yet owed.

Wishing you and your family a good result and strength.

-Success is living the life you want-
Joel ><>

Hammerhead avatar in memory of CdM

porky (bp)

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: May 2009
Thx guys..

Worry, it's big internal battle of mine. I just want only the best for her and my girls, it's been a rough ride last few years for our family.

Thanks for putting it into perspective.  👍

FishingForTheCure

• "I'm going to make dinner because my colors taste like hungry"
  • Manatee
  • LOWRANCE & SIMRAD PRO STAFF
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Apr 2010
Eric B, I hope you are well.

2 weeks ago had my wife get herself checked. She had her first mammogram. It revealed white spots in, now, two areas of concern.

We went back and she got a diagnostic mammogram and a ultra sound, results were the same. During this time she also located the feared lump.

The white spots were called calcification, so, their concerns are the irregular edages and branching type look?

So Monday we had a biopsy done, 12 pokes, 2 different sites.

Now we wait.

I have a lot of experience with cancer after losing my dad to a long horrible throat cancer battle.

But no experience with this.

I'm hoping things come back ok, but I'm not going to lie, I'm freaked the F--k out.  We have two little girls, which many of you know.

What can I expect here?

Any help/advice from those who've done this?

The wait is hell.
PM sent

Dale L

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Dec 2005
This thread has been dormant for quite awhile but it's just as valid as ever, Yesterday I got quite a surprise on a call from my doc.

I have pneumonia,

from what I know now it could have gotten pretty serious pretty fast, but I'll be fine in a few days.

I had been experiencing some symptoms I put off to one of the bugs that had been running around my area, headache mostly along with nausea, and a little dizziness and discomfort and a temp of 101 but no cough.  Figured like any other bug I'd just ride it out as 99% of the that's your only choice, By the 4th day nothing had changed so I went to the doc and she did the usual, went over me pretty thoroughly and gave some hand eye coordination test to rule out stroke type stuff.

We talked it over and decided to see if it would resolve itself in a day or 2. A couple days later nothing was changed so I wrote her an email. 30 min later the phone rang, she told me to go get a chest xray , I was back home in an hour, an hour after that she called and said I had pneumonia and to go pick up my antibiotic. that was yesterday.

Today I got in to see her and she showed me my xray, it's ugly large cloudy area in the middle of my right lung. She said she was surprised she didn't hear it on the first visit and had me do the deep breaths while she listened, told me what she was listening for and said there still weren't any abnormal breath sounds but asked if I could feel it.  Sure enough that bit of a dull ache I felt was right where the xray showed it to be. 

IT WAS THE SAME DULL ACHE I EXPERIENCED ON THE FIRST VISIT BUT DIDN'T MENTION, I wrote it off to doing the deep breaths from a sitting position.

Luckily at this stage 5 days of antibiotics combined with a few days of taking it easy and I should be good.

Not so many years ago I'd still be sitting around waiting for it to get better as it approached something life threatening.

Rock Hopper

• SonomaCoastSafetySquad
  • Global Moderator
  • A-Hull Muggle
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Apr 2005
Bumping this thread as a reminder to get yourself checked!

Just had a big ass chunk taken out of my nose to remove some basal cell skin cancer. There was never really a bump or anything noticeable. One day the side of my nose was a little crusty, so of course for the first day or two I was picking at it. After awhile it was just a tiny open sore and after it hadn't healed in almost two months I decided I had better go have it checked.
My doctor said, 'Ehh, could be some basal cell, but I doubt it. We'll send you to the dermatologist just to be safe'.
The dermatologist said, 'Doesn't look like anything to worry about, but we'll do a biopsy just to be sure'.
Two weeks later I get the call to schedule Moh's Surgery.

In Loving Memory of Mooch, Eelmaster, Shicken, and Cabeza De Martillo

I started kayak fishing to get away from most of you...