Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 10:33:37 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[Today at 10:26:01 PM]

[Today at 09:39:34 PM]

[Today at 07:53:15 PM]

[Today at 06:54:40 PM]

by jp52
[Today at 02:25:47 PM]

[Today at 02:15:59 PM]

[Today at 01:10:11 PM]

[Today at 11:10:06 AM]

[Today at 09:46:32 AM]

[Today at 09:43:09 AM]

[Today at 09:32:03 AM]

[Today at 06:51:56 AM]

[April 17, 2024, 10:07:55 PM]

[April 17, 2024, 07:24:10 PM]

[April 17, 2024, 06:09:58 PM]

by Clb
[April 17, 2024, 05:19:05 PM]

[April 16, 2024, 09:41:56 PM]

[April 16, 2024, 05:41:52 PM]

[April 16, 2024, 04:34:12 PM]

[April 16, 2024, 04:12:33 PM]

[April 16, 2024, 03:10:47 PM]

[April 16, 2024, 02:05:51 PM]

[April 16, 2024, 01:19:27 PM]

[April 16, 2024, 09:43:54 AM]

[April 16, 2024, 09:22:18 AM]

[April 16, 2024, 12:32:58 AM]

[April 15, 2024, 10:38:53 PM]

[April 15, 2024, 10:28:01 PM]

Support NCKA

Support the site by making a donation.

Topic: Albion 6/7  (Read 2013 times)

Sledge

• GetSome!!!
  • Sea Lion
  • GetSome!!! Hell Yeah!!!
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Apr 2009
Put are yaks in the water @ 6:45.  paddled out to get a headsup on "Albion" water was calm...we had geared up to do a dive before fishing, paddled out to the right and realized that the viz sucked... bloom still going on... 2ft maybe, I beached my yak and stowed my dive gear, and prepared to fish, my dive partners tried to convice me to dive, but unless I've got 5-10 viz its uncomfortable for me...I watched while he dove and managed a nice plump 9...guy can dive in a mud puddle and swear he can see... :smt003
Fishing blind: fished out towards the buoy and immediately hooked a small olive, than a few browns...than Bam...a keeper ling 27" my first of the yr.  hooked an underling bout 14 inchs, cute little guy, sent him back to become big, hooked a 3lb red and other assorted fish through out the day...bite was very slow all and all... I hailed 69 ch for NCKA and had a come back "Cameron" sounded like, he reported the bite was slow also..by the time we got back up the river and to the truck it was 6pm many hours on the water...We bet everytime out small bets but fun...1 buck for biggest fish, and 1 for biggest ab...my bud always wins the ab, me the fish.  I'm thinking umm mendo headlands just up the hill a bit...so we headed to the headlands. sun going down shadows in the water, viz bout 6ft, kelpy, kelpy, kelpy...my partner spots me on the hill while keepin an eye on the yaks...diving around 15-20ft seeing lots of abs, but my last attempt @ a nice plump 9 had my snorkel ripped out of my mouth called it a  day... :smt044
It's all about Today!!! Because who knows what tomorrow will bring... so Better get OTW n GetSome

LoletaEric

• Gimme Shelter Annual Kayakfishing Tournament Director
  • Manatee
  • The focus is achieving a state of mind.
  • View Profile LoletaEric.com
  • Date Registered: Dec 2004
That's a long day on the water, Sledge.  Way to stay in shape!   :smt001
I am a licensed guide.  DFW Guide ID:  1000124.   Let's do a trip together.

Loleta Eric's Guide Service

loletaeric@yahoo.com - call me up at (707) 845-0400

http://www.loletaeric.com

Being an honorable sportsman is way more important than what you catch.

Sailfish

• Manatee
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Sep 2006
I know what you mean, diving in muddy water is not fun  :smt009  Thanks for the report.
"Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass...it's about learning how to dance in the rain."

hightide

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Apr 2007
Commitment to excellence.  Fighting Spirit..  Never surrender...Hero
thanks for the report.
ALLAN

2020 Hobie Revo 13
OK T15
Owned 2015 Hobie AI
Owned Scupper Pro TW

Live, Love, Launch!

bwodun

hey sledge, yeah that was me on the radio, i was up the coast fishing van damme, tried to hail you later in the day, but no response probably to far out of range, glad you had a good day, cameron

Jedmo

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: May 2008
Congrats on your first lingcod this year Sledge. WTG on the nine incher
ab. I can't wait to try for my first ab dive.

Jedmo
1st place GS3 2009
7th place AOTY 2009

Sledge

• GetSome!!!
  • Sea Lion
  • View Profile
Hey Cameron, yeah I was looking around trying to figure out where you were, thought it was a "secret spot".... :smt003 or u were up or down from me...man... Van Damme line of sight wonder how far that was...I said I was out at the buoy, u were probably wondering where i was... :smt005 that was the first time I used my VHF...pretty cool...so it was slow up there also...Fished HARD for the fish i got and it was a lot of fun...everytime is a lot of fun...

Thanks Jedmo...I plucked my first ab "labor day" O6 And the time I spent just to pluck that first one, was intensive...I had gone numerous times without success, by myself which is a "NO NO" I would meet groups and they would say "join us" but by the time I'd catch up with them, they'd have there abs and begone... :smt009 not always... :smt003 But if u haven't plucked your first one yet...the madness is exponential... :smt044 :smt044 :smt044

Have fun with it...and don't let people talk you out of "YOUR" comfort level...and be safe...
It's all about Today!!! Because who knows what tomorrow will bring... so Better get OTW n GetSome

Nawm

• Salmon
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Aug 2007
You did pretty well considering how slow the bite has been with "the bloom" and all.  I fished out of Albion last Friday on my skiff and didn't do much better than you.....and we ran to Elk!  Beautiful conditions though, good work....

piski

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jan 2008
WTG with the time in/on the water, sledge. And slow is better than skunk! :smt004
Catch & Repeat

Sledge

• GetSome!!!
  • Sea Lion
  • View Profile
Thx piciform...slow is ALWAYS better than SKUNK!!! :smt003

Nawm how was the run to Elk besides senic??? same results? I know that week your talking bout the bite was slow but at russian gulch some NICE fish were being caught...I caught a couple of large one's on fish traps...got to get some more of those bad boys.... :smt003

Nawm

• Salmon
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Aug 2007

Nawm how was the run to Elk besides senic??? same results? I know that week your talking bout the bite was slow but at russian gulch some NICE fish were being caught...I caught a couple of large one's on fish traps...got to get some more of those bad boys.... :smt003

With the ocean being like a lake, we hit 35 knots at top speed.  It was a 15 minute ride to Elk!  Don't see that very often.  I took Dave W and my son with me and Dave, very proudly, took me to school.  He caught four keeper lings, two over 10 lbs, and I had  two almosters.  It was a slow pick, not a lot of fish by Elk standards, but worth the trip for sure.  I'll try to post a non-yak on it this weekend.  Most all on the swimbait too.

Sledge

• GetSome!!!
  • Sea Lion
  • View Profile

we hit 35 knots at top speed.  It was a 15 minute ride to Elk!  I'll try to post a non-yak on it this weekend.  Most all on the swimbait too.

wooohoooo on the ride...and Hell yeah on those big fish...what kind of swimbait??