Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 08:22:34 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[Today at 07:28:43 AM]

[Today at 12:06:38 AM]

[April 22, 2024, 11:58:24 PM]

[April 22, 2024, 07:49:41 PM]

[April 22, 2024, 06:24:32 PM]

[April 21, 2024, 05:23:36 PM]

[April 21, 2024, 04:53:56 PM]

[April 21, 2024, 09:45:43 AM]

[April 20, 2024, 08:27:22 PM]

[April 20, 2024, 07:37:51 PM]

[April 20, 2024, 07:28:42 PM]

[April 20, 2024, 09:08:36 AM]

[April 20, 2024, 08:41:07 AM]

[April 20, 2024, 07:12:18 AM]

Support NCKA

Support the site by making a donation.

Topic: Official Tiki Wrap-up Post  (Read 19082 times)

G-Whiz

• Sea Lion
  • I'm Glen, from the mailroom!
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Aug 2010
Thanks Eric For putting this all together!

Okay guys, post'em up!

(I'll put of my pics in a while...)
« Last Edit: October 23, 2011, 09:05:11 PM by G-Whiz »
The one who dies with the most toys, WINS!

MontanaN8V

• I swear it was this big!
  • Sea Lion
  • It's BANG TIME!!
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Mar 2009
Live your life, the way you want to be remembered. Don't have any regrets, we only get this one dance to make it count. Start at your eulogy, and work backwards.

Roughster

• Salmon
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: May 2010
I'll post more + pics later.  Today made me realize how awesome this group is.  Eric put on a spectacular event and Tiki Lagun is probably my favorite (- Berryessa) place to fish.  The sun rise with the fishing, the comrade, and just overall awesome location left me with the soul on F(ull).  I couldn't wipe the grin off my face after I got home.

superd270

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Aug 2009
And here's some shots of the early birds that camped out Friday night. Pictures were taken early Saturday am:

G-Whiz

Lapulapu

Tote, and what's his wife's name. Ahhhh, Becky, same as my wife's name. Nice meeting you Tote.

I think this is Sledge:

Tent Site Early Birds: Mooch, Kiel, Randy, Racinrob, others

« Last Edit: October 24, 2011, 12:55:56 AM by superd270 »
Going Fishing?
Winds from the south, hook in
    the mouth.
Wind from the east, bite the least.
Wind from the north, further off.
Wind from the west, bite the
    best.

superd270

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Aug 2009
DrHabanero and friend Cody at Mildred's Island: Nice fishing with you Jimbo.

Going Fishing?
Winds from the south, hook in
    the mouth.
Wind from the east, bite the least.
Wind from the north, further off.
Wind from the west, bite the
    best.

DrHabanero

• Sea Lion
  • BigLipRipper
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jun 2006
Wow what a day! I am still in shock to be the proud owner of that awesome new Ocean Kayak Trident 4.7 with a Lowrance color fisher finder and all the other wonderful stuff that came with it. Thanks so much to Fisherman Warehouse, Eric, NCKA, and all the sponsors who contributed to this.  Things have been a little rough lately but this sure has put the biggest smile on my and Logan's face ( I told him I was bringing back a new kayak for him and I guess he got his wish :smt044) I 'll make sure to test it out for a while till he can handle it himself. I couldn't believe when my name was called and still it hasn't sunk in yet..  ( ok I just got back from looking at that kayak in the garage and NOW it has sunk in   :smt007)   Thanks again this was and is a great event put on by Eric and  all the other sponsors.
  Dan it was great fishing all day with you too, it was a tough couple of days fishing for me only 3 little stripers in well over 14 hours on the water( i am feeling it today for sure) Should have stayed next to the bridge and brought my wife since that seems to be the ticket to getting the stripers this weekend  :smt044. Well now I will have to bring her since she can use the X-Factor. EWB ,James and I waited all morning for that bite to start but just didn't show up. I think I will have to try that method that  Yakhopper said about ripping rattletraps fast , I guess anything at this point would be an improvement.
  Wel l didn't get a lot of pictures but will try and upload the ones I had later today.  I have a couple of the goats that were hanging out at the water talking with James.  Well all in all it will be a weekend I will remember for a long time. Thanks
again everyone and look forward to seeing all on the water soon
Later
Jimbo
I'll rest when I'm dead!
2016 Ocean Kayak Predator
2014 Malibu X-Factor ,2014 Malibu Mini-X
2010 Malibu X-Factor ,2006  Ocean Kayak Drifter 
2011 Yakhopper Ocean Kayak Trident 4.7   Winner!
GS4 - 4th place

Tote

• One life, right? Don't blow it.
  • Global Moderator
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jul 2005
Congrats to Kat for smokin' the competition. My fish was a no show. ;-) In fact, all my fish were left in the delta untouched.
Way to go Jimbo on the new yak. Couldn't have happened to a nicer guy.....sans Jedmo.  ;-) Thanks for the fish dish bro!
Thank you Eric for putting on such a class event. This was a great way to spend the weekend.
I did go skydiving on Saturday. Highly recommend it for anyone who has not been. Talk about a birds eye view.
Thanks Naoaki for the offer of the paddle jacket to use. I thought I forgot mine when it wasn't in my vehicle. Then when I got home and it wasn't in the fishing closet makes me think maybe it fell out of the vehicle. So if anyone finds a lighte blue(?) paddle jacket (I'm color blind) with my name in the inside tag (that should make it easier to ID), shoot me a PM.
Thanks again EVERYONE for making this a truly great event.
Oh yea, it was nice to break the news of our marriage. I figured if I wanted to spread the news I would just tell Radio Free Mooch! J/K Moochie. Love ya bro!
« Last Edit: October 24, 2011, 06:20:13 AM by Tote »
<=>

steveislost

• Salmon
  • View Profile Steveislost
  • Date Registered: Apr 2011
Congrats to the winners.  Score one, actually two, for the ladies.  You guys (ladies) get much respect from me as my best two fish combined still wouldn't have made the cut. 

Thank you Eric, Sponsors, event volunteers, and participants for another memorable time.

X2  I had fun.

LapuLapu

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jan 2009
Had a great time.  Sarah's Mai Tai's where great.  It kept me going all day Saturday.  Ben thanks a lot for all the goodies I got from you.  Farewell my friend.  It was fun jammin with you.  Tote, congratulations.  We all heard about it from Mooch!  Hobie Dave that adobo sandwich was delicious.  How about the pork barbecue in a stick from Str8fishin! Got to get that recipe. Thanks.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2011, 08:39:33 AM by lapulapu »

mooch

• 2006 Angler of the Year
  • Manatee
  • Cancer Fighter
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Dec 2004
....unfortunately no one explained to Rich / MontanaN8V that this was a kayak fishing tournament...but everything worked out in the end as we fed on a freshly dispatched duck  :smt045

The X Inn Keeper

• Life is Good!
  • Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Oct 2007
Before I post the winners,
I would like to thank all of you who participated as well as all the wonderful sponsors.
Without your support this series would not have been such a huge success. 
Thank You  :smt007 :smt008 :smt007
You are my inspiration.

Now the official Tiki stats;
On October 23, a total 92 anglers converged on this little part of the California Delta known as Tiki Lagun to see who would win the 2011 Striper Showdown. As always it proved to be a test of skill and strategy. New comer David "Tweak" Burrow put up a nice effort and shows his worth with a respectable 21-1/2" striper which earned him 3rd place. But alas it would prove that it was the ladies who truly ruled the water as Ashley "Miss Ash" Ratcliffe flexed her angling muscle and claimed 2nd place with a strong 23-3/4" Striper. Cementing her dominance of the water, Kathryn "Madam Kat" Huston took an early lead and never let off with her 1st place Striper of 24-3/4". 

This event showed the love of the kayak community in many ways. We welcomed a total of 17 new anglers to kayaking, shared the fruits of our fortune at the pot luck, celebrated the union of a man and his new bride, raised some funds to help a couple of our brothers in need, toaster a safe journey to a old friend, and brought together friends old and new.
I am proud to call myself a Kayak Fisherman and to have been a part of something so special.

Thank you all,
Eric / Yakhopper
« Last Edit: October 25, 2011, 12:42:42 PM by yakhopper »
Hobie Outback (dune)

The X Inn Keeper

• Life is Good!
  • Sea Lion
  • View Profile
Also A Huge
CONGRATULATIONS
to the
GRAND PRIZE WINNER
Jim "Dr. Habanero' Gustine

Jim is the new owner of a 2011 Ocean Kayak Trident Ultra 4.7 fully loaded with great products from Lowrance, Carlisle, Extrasport, Uniden
Hobie Outback (dune)

The X Inn Keeper

• Life is Good!
  • Sea Lion
  • View Profile
A few more pics  :smt006
Hobie Outback (dune)

The X Inn Keeper

• Life is Good!
  • Sea Lion
  • View Profile
The Goods :smt003
Hobie Outback (dune)

Danglin

• Sea Lion
  • Accept Yourself, So Shall The World ...
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: May 2006
Wow..

Very Kool...  WTG Kat!!!  and to the other winners too, which again, looked like everyone...

sorry to bail... Sacramento needed my presence and the only time to take of things was yesterday...

Huge Props to Yakhopper who puts on a Kayakfishing Tournament just the way it should be...

not about money, slight competition, and whole lot of Fun....

Very Strong work Yakhopper!!!!
There are 3 Types of people in the world,,,

The Sheep, The Sheep Dog & The Wolf,

Which are You ,,,

2006 NCKA Shark Fishing Tournament Champion    
2nd Moutcha Bay, BC. 2006 "Tyee" Surfing Contest
ELK 07  1st Place Loser
HMB 09 3rd Place
HMB 09 Sardine Champion
2009-2016 Northern California HOW Coordinator

Love Baja…  :smt055