Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 01:57:44 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[Today at 01:17:52 PM]

[Today at 12:54:54 PM]

[Today at 10:51:53 AM]

[Today at 07:23:39 AM]

[Today at 07:16:05 AM]

[April 24, 2024, 09:45:12 PM]

[April 24, 2024, 08:39:39 PM]

[April 24, 2024, 04:31:01 PM]

[April 24, 2024, 11:46:31 AM]

[April 24, 2024, 10:38:46 AM]

[April 24, 2024, 10:16:10 AM]

[April 24, 2024, 06:30:45 AM]

[April 23, 2024, 09:07:13 PM]

[April 23, 2024, 07:29:14 PM]

[April 23, 2024, 07:26:53 PM]

[April 23, 2024, 06:03:07 PM]

[April 23, 2024, 06:01:09 PM]

[April 23, 2024, 01:20:14 PM]

[April 23, 2024, 09:23:34 AM]

[April 23, 2024, 12:06:38 AM]

Support NCKA

Support the site by making a donation.

Topic: not seeing fish on lowrance elite 4 chirp  (Read 9403 times)

• Fishing is the perpetual series occasion of hope.
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: May 2009
How is the transducer installed?  Glued or water bath
Mine is water bath and I cant see structures only variance in depth the makes me think I am on the structure, I never have a problem until my last trip.
Live today for tomorrow's sake.
We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give.

CGN-38

• Del Valle Storm Trooper
  • Sea Lion
  • Survivor Del Valle FnC 09'
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Mar 2005
 :smt006
  Well since transducer is in water bath, I,m wondering if maybe the hull is causing the issue? Have you hung the transducer over the side of the kayak and noticed a difference in operation?  Maybe the hull material has micro air bubbles ?

Member/survivor STORM TROOPER Brigade

FishingForTheCure

• "I'm going to make dinner because my colors taste like hungry"
  • Manatee
  • LOWRANCE & SIMRAD PRO STAFF
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Apr 2010
The water bath/shoot thru the hull should have no affect on the operation unless it is out of water or not enough water.

• Fishing is the perpetual series occasion of hope.
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: May 2009
Fixed, I restore it from factory default and now working fine. Thanks
Live today for tomorrow's sake.
We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give.

Buzzcut1

• Salmon
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Apr 2014
Fixed, I restore it from factory default and now working fine. Thanks

told ya..

glad its working again
never met a Dry Fly I didn't like

jonesz

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Oct 2006
I've spoken with a tech guy and he could not find anything wrong with how I have it set up. The only thing mine wasn't doing was the "surface filter" setting is stuck on high. Mike has suggested a couple things to try. I need to get it back on the water and see how it works. Like I said before. I'm seeing the bottom, bait, and even my jig when it's under the ducer. the tech said if I'm seeing all that I "should" be seeing fish too. I agree....

jonesz

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Oct 2006
Well I took Mike's advise and changed several settings. Not sure what worked, but I took the Lowrance out this week and it showed fish marks. thanks, Mike. Only problem is it seemed to start showing too many marks now... Maybe I need to back off on the sensitivity...?

FishingForTheCure

• "I'm going to make dinner because my colors taste like hungry"
  • Manatee
  • LOWRANCE & SIMRAD PRO STAFF
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Apr 2010
Well I took Mike's advise and changed several settings. Not sure what worked, but I took the Lowrance out this week and it showed fish marks. thanks, Mike. Only problem is it seemed to start showing too many marks now... Maybe I need to back off on the sensitivity...?
Adjust the sensitivity as needed.  Sounds like you can back off just a bit.

WingShooter

• Sea Lion
  • I fish not to escape life but to live it.
  • View Profile Branson Baits
  • Date Registered: Aug 2009

Yes, clean it up a little but not too much. Use you down scan to verify fish from junk in the water. Glad I could help.
www.bransonbaits.com 

US Hobie Fishing Team Member
Lowrance Pro-Staff
EGO Pro-Staff
Lew's Pro-Staff
Diawa Pro-Staff

PURE ICE

• Salmon
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Nov 2015
Greetings,
I'm bringing back the old thread.  I'm looking up a used elite 4 hdi and was looking for some help.  My unit dose not seem to want to stay on for any length of time so I found an old ac adaptor (input: 100-240vac 50-60Hz .05MAX Output:DC=12v,1.5A) and wired it as recomended previously in this thread. I got the unit to stay on long enough to change the over lay settings to show the voltage. It showed while plugged into the adapter 14volts.  Is that ok to play with while off the water?  Then I switched back to the battery and it showed 6volts.  The charger showed 100% charged.  Is my battery dead? I'm gonna stop by a kragens today and have them check the battery as well. I'll be at harbor freight today and probably buy a new battery as well.  I also searched this and other forums about the shutting off and found lots of comments about software and such bit no real solutions
  Thanks for any input you' s can offer
J. Ice

bmb

• Please unsubscribe me from the
  • AOTY Committee
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Aug 2008
Greetings,
I'm bringing back the old thread.  I'm looking up a used elite 4 hdi and was looking for some help.  My unit dose not seem to want to stay on for any length of time so I found an old ac adaptor (input: 100-240vac 50-60Hz .05MAX Output:DC=12v,1.5A) and wired it as recomended previously in this thread. I got the unit to stay on long enough to change the over lay settings to show the voltage. It showed while plugged into the adapter 14volts.  Is that ok to play with while off the water?  Then I switched back to the battery and it showed 6volts.  The charger showed 100% charged.  Is my battery dead? I'm gonna stop by a kragens today and have them check the battery as well. I'll be at harbor freight today and probably buy a new battery as well.  I also searched this and other forums about the shutting off and found lots of comments about software and such bit no real solutions
  Thanks for any input you' s can offer
J. Ice
I believe you are fine going up to 14volts.  there should be some information online somewhere but generally these fishfinders can operate from like 11 - 15v but no higher.  If you don't have a multimeter to check then yeah, get the battery tested, but my bet is it's shot.  You can get the 12v bricks from most places for anywhere from $18-25.  Those 7ah should be sufficient to run your elite 4 all day.

NoSoupForU

• @paradisepescador on IG
  • Sea Lion
  • "If I'm not fishing, I'm sure thinking about it."
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Aug 2011
It sounds like your battery is shot.  I'm guessing you are using a SLA battery???  The first test I usually do with them is shake it next to your ear.  Listen for anything rattling inside.  If it rattles it is BAD!  A voltmeter might show voltage on the battery but once it has a load put on it, it will fail.  I've found that extreme temp changes will kill these kind of batteries quickly.  I never leave mine out in the truck the night before a trip when its suppose to get really cold overnight. 

I also take multiple batteries with me just in case one does go bad.

Tinker

If the battery charges and holds 12 volts, you have a problem in your wiring.  I always check voltage at the head unit end of the power cord first, but since you already took the battery to a shop....