Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 11:44:11 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[Today at 11:36:58 AM]

[Today at 11:27:54 AM]

[Today at 11:22:14 AM]

[Today at 11:08:39 AM]

[March 27, 2024, 07:25:42 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 07:05:39 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 04:18:57 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 12:35:34 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 11:18:23 AM]

[March 26, 2024, 07:45:07 PM]

[March 26, 2024, 06:19:03 PM]

[March 26, 2024, 05:47:06 PM]

Support NCKA

Support the site by making a donation.

Topic: Anchor Bay Campground staff, and Albion NYE dive  (Read 3128 times)

Wldrnshntr

• Sea Lion
  • Work hard play hard
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jan 2009
Wife and I stopped by couple months ago and she was super friendly, even came out and moved pylons so I could get my truck turned around.
http://wall-acepainting.com/index.html
What we learn to do, we learn by doing- Aristotle   We few, we happy few, we
band of brothers. - Shakespeare
2009 Stump yard sale 1st place
Clear lake stormtrooper 2010
Del Valle How stormtrooper 2011
RBCII  2011 3rd place Big Fish

• View Profile
  • Date Registered: Apr 2014
Wife and I stopped by couple months ago and she was super friendly, even came out and moved pylons so I could get my truck turned around.

Well apparently I have a hateable face then.

The Barge

• Salmon
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Apr 2013
I have an annual day pass at Anchor Bay and fish there often.  I've found that the secret to good relations with Tess is to never cross the line where the pylons are before getting her OK.  Just park on the right side where Adam and Ryan parked, just before the cones and the office window.  Driving your car past the cone zone is limited to overnight campers.  Tess has had many bad experiences with people parking in camping spaces and not moving, blocking campers and waking people up early in the morning so limits access to avoid this from occurring.

When you arrive, pull over to the right hand side to park just before the cone barrier.  You can then walk down and check out the conditions before paying your fee.  If before 9:00AM, there are envelopes where you can pay for access. Rates are stated on the signs at the office.   If after 9:00AM, pull over to the right and go over to the office to chat with Tess.  She is usually helpful and friendly.  If the camping area beyond the office is not crowded, she will give you direction on where to park closer to the beach.   Otherwise, parking on the right side just before the office works.

I was at Anchor Bay the morning you had your altercation with Tess and Fred.  In my opinion, you could have avoided the blowout by taking the approach recommended above.  I agree with Duckguy - if you treat Tess and Fred with kindness and respect, that's what you will get back.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2018, 09:30:33 AM by Kahuna »

• View Profile
Huh??? Did I pull past them? If you were there then you know that  No, I did not. I stopped before the cones and put it in Park. I did everything t that was demanded and treated Tess with respect and politeness until the very end when I had put up with more than I should have already. Also, when I pulled up Ryan and Adam were already at the beach, and they relocated to where you’re talking about after. Tess was already pissed with them and took her aggression out on me.

I’m not sure what part you guys are missing on this. If you have a good standing relationship with them that’s great. However I wasnt even given the opportunity to build that with their immediate and continued behavior, and that’s what I’m writing about.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2018, 09:51:02 AM by Wilderness medic »

Archie Marx

• AOTY Committee
  • Hobie Revo 13 & 16
  • View Profile kayakcity.com
  • Date Registered: Dec 2008
Tess can be pushy, but ive found both of them to be incredibly helpful if I:

A. Pay right away
B. Park where they tell me to park

I fished Anchor a few times last year, and didn’t have any trouble with Tess or Fred. The last time I was there I broke a shear pin and a rudderpin on a surf landing. Fred walked down to the beach with a cart and helped me haul my stuff up, and refused to take any payment.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2018, 09:59:34 AM by Archie Marx »
1st - 2013 Angler of the Year- All time high score
1st - 2016 Angler of the Year
1st - 2016 CCKF AOTY - All time high score

Wldrnshntr

• Sea Lion
  • Work hard play hard
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jan 2009

I thought I was the only one with one of those :smt044
http://wall-acepainting.com/index.html
What we learn to do, we learn by doing- Aristotle   We few, we happy few, we
band of brothers. - Shakespeare
2009 Stump yard sale 1st place
Clear lake stormtrooper 2010
Del Valle How stormtrooper 2011
RBCII  2011 3rd place Big Fish

Archie Marx

• AOTY Committee
  • Hobie Revo 13 & 16
  • View Profile kayakcity.com
  • Date Registered: Dec 2008

I don’t think it’s your face. Applying pidgin English to an Asian person who does not speak pidgin English might have more to do with the underlying reason/s than does your hidious face.  :smt002
1st - 2013 Angler of the Year- All time high score
1st - 2016 Angler of the Year
1st - 2016 CCKF AOTY - All time high score

• View Profile

I don’t think it’s your face. Applying pidgin English to an Asian person who does not speak pidgin English might have more to do with the underlying reason/s than does your hidious face.  :smt002

The funny part is that is almost word for word what and how she said it. And my almost I mean exactly how. Defend her all you want and keep saying that’s not what she said. All that does is make it funnier because you weren’t there so you really can’t say anything about how she talked to me. I haven’t experienced her charm as you. I’ve experienced it as me, and that is what happened.

If you’ve had good experiences with them great, I’m happy for you and believe it. However this is how they treated and spoke to me. I don’t care if you want to tell people about your good experiences but don’t keep telling me what I personally experienced isn’t what happened

:smt006
« Last Edit: January 12, 2018, 03:56:35 PM by Wilderness medic »

ryang85

• Salmon
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: May 2016
 she has been always a little rude in the past but im very good at keeping my mouth shut so i just do as asked to and keep a low profile.   I have pretty thick skin for being yelled at and rarely talk back but she pushed my buttons pretty damn hard. The guy has been  always friendly to us was a little  unhappy that morning but perfectly fine, probably just swammped by campers.
She came out and instantly was upset with us at 7 am. Sort of demanding money in a really rude way, we paid and didnt say much and she told us to park up by the register and we asked if it was possible to unload down there if we are quiet. ( no time limit mentioned)  fred said no problem just be quiet and we thanked them both. Then we unloaded quietly  ( wispered and didnt slam anything within 10 minutes) wheeled my kayak down and adam was just about to bring his so i walked up to see gio and saw his girlfriend and was gunna tell him to check out the breakers, she met me half way told me "you better move now or leave, i dont have time to deal with you,  your wasting my time hurry up now," and was nearly yelling,  I said "ok we will move as fast as posssible,  sorry i was just trying to be quiet" . And i turned around and went back to the kayaks and helped Adam finish up his  stuff and she stood there and watched us unload as fast as possible.  Then we parked the truck where they said to and basicaly gio described the rest accurately word for word. 
Afterwords me and Adam just tried to get to the water as fast as posssible and get away from the whole situation.

Ive launched in bad places and am pretty expirienced with bad conditions,  but i had a breaker curl on me and throw me over my seat and inside my tankwell on my trident 4.3.   Luckily i calmly let it take me back onto the beach and kept a hand on the handle so i didnt get hit with the back of my kayak in the face, but new  kayaker could have easily panicked under the whitewater and got hit in the head or face.
It was better off for gio to head north than to have his girlfriend never want to sit on kayak again.

Could have used a little bit of a quieter morning though

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

• View Profile
That must be a lie from Ryan because Tess assured me the water was flat and demanded we go out without looking multiple times. Apparently concern for not getting someone killed is causing problems and asking for piss poor treatment.

Or am I lying about that too?  SMH :smt044

crash

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Dec 2007
That must be a lie from Ryan because Tess assured me the water was flat and demanded we go out without looking multiple times. Apparently concern for not getting someone killed is causing problems and asking for piss poor treatment.

I don’t think anyone has said you are lying. They are calling you racist.
"SCIENCE SUCKS" - bmb

• View Profile

I don’t think anyone has said you are lying. They are calling you racist.

Even funnier. Quoting someone doesn’t make you a racist. If someone talks a certain way and you repeat it, that’s not racism. I didn’t deny the lady any equal opportunities or treat her differently based on her race. I repeated her. Give me a break.

And yes, the comments imply I am lying if she did not talk that way. Again funny that everyone seems to know how she spoke to me without being there. Psychics.

Maybe she talked that way in half sentences because it was early. I have no idea and I don’t really care because her grammar isn’t relevant to her treatment nor her race. The negativity, insults, and shitty treatment are what’s relevant
« Last Edit: January 12, 2018, 04:18:32 PM by Wilderness medic »

moon

• Salmon
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: May 2015
Your videos are good.
moon