Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 03:38:15 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[Today at 02:58:59 PM]

[Today at 01:13:46 PM]

[Today at 11:50:57 AM]

[Today at 11:49:33 AM]

[Today at 11:08:39 AM]

[March 27, 2024, 07:25:42 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 07:05:39 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 12:35:34 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 11:18:23 AM]

[March 26, 2024, 07:45:07 PM]

[March 26, 2024, 06:19:03 PM]

[March 26, 2024, 05:47:06 PM]

Support NCKA

Support the site by making a donation.

Topic: Viera's Resort, Isleton area salmon  (Read 4230 times)

Rookie.Slayer

• Salmon
  • Watching the sunset with my rod tip on the horizon
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jun 2011
Do anyone have any information on the salmon run from this area? I have a day to fish Mon or tues and I've thought about driving up and tossing MEPPS at the Isleton public pier. Any Intel would help

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2
2012 Outback

splashdown

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Feb 2007
I was up at Rio Vista yesterday with the Purple Heart Anglers. We targeted stripers in powerboats. No sign of salmon, yet, but lots of schoolies hanging around. We had 10 boats ans 23 veterans out there most getting fish. Ourboat scored 6 fish 3 keepers ( I was able to scrape up my limit) between 20-26 inches and 3 dinks. They hold real close to shore in about 10-12 feet of water.

I have been fishing a lot in the southern region of the delta since I was a kid but I now know the "Sacramento side" holds larger fish in quantity and will start targeting that area when weather permits.
"bull riding came about when some redneck stated, "hold my beer and watch this!"

Dallas HOW Chapter Coordinator

barefoot1

• Sea Lion
  • The world needs more fruitcakes.--J. Buffet
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Nov 2008
I fish the area upriver from Vierra's all the time (Walnut Grove/Georgianna slough area).  It has been slow but trolling kwickfish and silvertron spinners is how you fish it.  I haven't seen any netted yet but have heard a few are being caught.  I fished 3 1/2 hours on my revo one week ago (no luck) and when I finished and was unloading my yak I watched a guy in a boat hook up right in front of my place.  He fought it for about ten minutes and then lost it.  Looked like a quality fish through my binoculars.  I think it will get better.  I wasn't there this weekend so don't know if it picked up any.  Will be back up there on Thursday to try again.
"It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so."
- Mark Twain

Rookie.Slayer

• Salmon
  • Watching the sunset with my rod tip on the horizon
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jun 2011
Awesome that you have knowledge of that area. Maybe we can hook up one of these days, I'd love to bring out my yak and fish from a different point of view up there.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2
2012 Outback

anything