Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 01:20:18 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[Today at 01:13:46 PM]

[Today at 11:50:57 AM]

[Today at 11:49:33 AM]

[Today at 11:22:14 AM]

[Today at 11:08:39 AM]

[March 27, 2024, 07:25:42 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 07:05:39 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 12:35:34 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 11:18:23 AM]

[March 26, 2024, 07:45:07 PM]

[March 26, 2024, 06:19:03 PM]

[March 26, 2024, 05:47:06 PM]

Support NCKA

Support the site by making a donation.

Topic: Hali-Stripers at Point San Pablo Yacht Harbor August 4th  (Read 7106 times)

Fishboundsa

• Salmon
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jun 2018
Count me in! Can someone let me know what I need to do to submit payment! Thank You
Sean
Sean
Blue 10’ Native Propel kayak

simplycook

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jan 2014
Count me in! Can someone let me know what I need to do to submit payment! Thank You
Sean

Event Info:
- What we're fishing for?  Stripers and Halibuts.
- Roasted Pig provided by our host, Jack.  Potluck food highly suggested to share with everyone.
- Camping available in designated areas.  No Open Fires, BBQs, or Cooking/Propane Stoves allowed in camping areas.  There will be a communal BBQ and fire pit for general use.

WHERE: 
Point San Pablo Yacht Harbor
1900 Stenmark Drive
Richmond, CA 94801

HOW TO REGISTER:
Send $20 to me via Venmo, Paypal, or check by mail.
- Venmo:  simplycook@yahoo.com
- Paypal:  darienfelix@yahoo.com
- check by mail:  Kevin Nguyen, 6640 Hill Street, El Cerrito, CA 94530

Your $20 goes towards reserving the clubhouse for event use and money to pay for the roast pig.  If anyone is having trouble sending registration money or needs another alternative, then PM or call me, (408) 204-8400.

OTHER INFO:
- Safety Meeting on Friday afternoon/evening.  Time is still TBD.  This is a great time to pick Capt Frank's brain on where to fish, how to fish, and when to fish.  He brings decades of local knowledge of the area. 
- Live bait will also be offered by Capt Frank.  Roughly $10-20 per scoop (basically just to cover his cost for bait/gas).

Da Bruddah

• Salmon
  • Da Bruddah with my son Gabe, Whitefish, Montana
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Oct 2013
Aloha NCKA Family,

Reminder that the Hali-Stripers Fishing Event is happening this weekend on Saturday  August 4th at Pt. San Pablo Yacht Harbor in Richmond. If you were not there last year, the Pt. San Pablo Yacht Harbor is in a very secluded area of San Pablo Bay. Jack Johnson, the Harbormaster and the community at the marina are offering NCKA members the opportunity to camp out for the weekend, fish with live anchovies, mentoring by Capt. Jack of the Fury who has been fishing his charter boat in the Bay for 30+ years.
We are charging $20 for camping for Friday and Sat. nights, defray costs of renting  the Sportsmen's Clubhouse for the Saturday night dinner/event for NCKA members and Jack will be doing his Caja China whole roast pig.
Capt. Frank will be picking up live anchovies on Friday for fishing for Stripers and Hali's on Saturday.
Please read my original post on page one for more info about his great fishing opportunity on the Bay.
See You there,
Jack, Michael and Kevin

Enjoy this slide show that were taken today:
Link to Point San Pablo Yacht Harbor-7/15/17 NCKA Fishing Tournament:

Link to 7-15-17 Striper?Hali Tournament Slideshow:

http://play.smilebox.com/SpreadMoreHappy/4e4455314d6a51344e7a5a384d5441304f4445324e7a63780d0a

2016 Hobie Revo 13
2014 Hobie Oasis Tandem

Weimarian

• Sea Lion
  • The fish, I hear them! work can wait! let's go!
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Mar 2011
The way things are right now... I might just have to put the 20.00 in someones hand at the event. I will be there. Lost phone and have to change all passwords etc... See ya's all there...
Come on out! It's time to play. It's time for TROUT Bass and STRIPER. Let go of the hand brake!

Da Bruddah

• Salmon
  • View Profile

Hi Sean,
Glad to see that you can make it this weekend!!!
I just sent you a PM about paying.
Mahalo,
Michael

http://play.smilebox.com/SpreadMoreHappy/4e4455314d6a51344e7a5a384d5441304f4445324e7a63780d0a

2016 Hobie Revo 13
2014 Hobie Oasis Tandem

Da Bruddah

• Salmon
  • View Profile
Hi Ron,
Don't worry about sending your $$ in if it is a problem. You can pay Kevin, Jack or myself when you get there.
See ya,
Michael (da Bruddah)

2016 Hobie Revo 13
2014 Hobie Oasis Tandem

simplycook

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
Updated...
If anyone is having issues sending $20 to me, then let me know.  PM or call me @ 408-204-8400 and we'll sort it out.

Thanks,
Kevin

1.  Kevin - SimplyCook (paid)
2.  Michael - Da Bruddah (paid)
3.  Justin - DrHabanero (paid)
4.  Jack - JacksDiving (host)
5.  Ariel - Ariel Sea (paid)
6.  Ron - Weimarian
7.  Eddie - Eddie
8.  Josh - Crum (paid)
9.  Colton - Colton (paid)
10.  Pete - Pete510
11.  Jason - Yatzmail
12.  Jason - fishguts (paid)
13.  Mike - ebayfisher (paid)
14.  Matt - Baron
15.  Matt's GF?
16.  Rock Hopper
17.  Sean - fishboundsa
« Last Edit: July 31, 2018, 07:50:52 PM by SimplyCook »

Eddie

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Mar 2016
Am I starting to get fired up...? :smt006
“I’m going fishing.”  They said, “we will go with you.” 
John 21:3

Stealth Pro Fisha 475
Jackson Kraken 15
Native Manta Ray 12.5
Werner Cyprus 220cm

simplycook

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
EVENT UPDATES

Safety Meeting on FRIDAY 7pm at the Sportsman's Clubhouse

- not required but highly recommended
- great time to pick Capt Frank's brain about where to fish and how to target them
- meet your fellow yak anglers
- drink/booze, shoot the shit, and lie about all the big fish we've caught
- get a lay of the land, scout the launch
- where to set-up camp and check out the facilities

EXTRA INFO:
- For those of you whom can't make it to a tackle shop before coming to the event, I'll have some live bait rigs (3-way swivel/30lb leader/#2 hook) made up to use and a variety of weights available for purchase.  All proceeds will go to Jack/Capt Frank for their time/hosting a great event.

- Families are welcome.  Dogs too.

- Camping available for FREE both Friday and Saturday night!

- The Harbor restaurant will be open for those who don't want the trouble of cooking their own food.  The Sportman's Clubhouse have tap brews, bottled beer, and wine available for purchase.

SATURDAY POTLUCK FOOD LIST

Caja China Whole Roast Pig - Jack
Chow Mein - Michael
Fried Rice - Michael
Deviled Egg Potato Salad - Kevin
Tortillas, Salsa, etc for Pork Tacos - Kevin
Coffee, Croissants, Baked Goods (SAT Breakfast) - Kevin

**feel free to add a dish you're able to bring, if possible**
« Last Edit: July 31, 2018, 08:07:42 PM by SimplyCook »

Ebayfisher

• Salmon
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Mar 2018
Kind of new to this tournament stuff. When does this tournament start on Saturday morning?  I’m imagining it like a triathlon - gun goes off and then every one races to there kayak and paddles/peddles off. Maybe?    :smt003

Eddie

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Mar 2016
Kind of new to this tournament stuff. When does this tournament start on Saturday morning?  I’m imagining it like a triathlon - gun goes off and then every one races to there kayak and paddles/peddles off. Maybe?    :smt003
I'll be there by 7, on the water by 8, off when I'm beat...maybe 3 or 4 depending on the wind. :smt006
“I’m going fishing.”  They said, “we will go with you.” 
John 21:3

Stealth Pro Fisha 475
Jackson Kraken 15
Native Manta Ray 12.5
Werner Cyprus 220cm

simplycook

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile

Start time is 12:00am until 11:59pm

Last year, some people didn't even hear the bang and make it to the water.  Too much drinking and eating after the safety meeting.  But everyone on the water and off had a great time. 

Such an awesome group of guys.

Kevin

Da Bruddah

• Salmon
  • View Profile

Hi EbayFisher,
No worry, this is a very low key event. The best time to fish is going to be in the morning. I think Jack will be ready to scoop out the live anchovies around 6:30am? I am sure if you want to go out earlier, we can probably make that work for you to get live bait. There will not be a mad dash to the water to see who can catch the most fish, except Eddie. Pt. San Pablo Yacht Harbor is a very special place to me; as soon as you drive off the freeway, you will start slowing down, tuning out the city or whatever you might be stressed about. We are putting this event on to share this beautiful place with others, spend time to learn how to fish the Bay and take sometime out to meet some great people. On land and especially on the water we are there for each other. NCKA has always been about Ohana/Community for me from the first day. There will be a large range of guys who have fished the Bay to some who have not. If you have not, you will not be very far away from someone who has. If you need help someone will be there. We have taken the extra precaution to have Jack Johnson, the Harbormaster, be on shore on Saturday on the radio and who on very short notice can help anyone in distress with the harbor Whaler.
I hope that this helped to relieve some of anxieties about the weekend and got you stoked and excited!!
I will be posting the Directions to the Harbor tomorrow, we somehow missed that.
Here's some pics from this afternoon.

See you soon,
Michael, Jack and Kevin

2016 Hobie Revo 13
2014 Hobie Oasis Tandem

yatzmail@yahoo.com

Stoked and I cant wait to see what all the hype is all about  :smt044

Btw what's the restroom facility like and are there any showers available while camping. I'm trying to convince the wife and kids to go for some family fun.

Weimarian

• Sea Lion
  • The fish, I hear them! work can wait! let's go!
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Mar 2011
Getting ready!Restaurant hours? Menu? Bringing Mashed potatoes for pot luck.... (Yup!) :smt044
Come on out! It's time to play. It's time for TROUT Bass and STRIPER. Let go of the hand brake!

anything