Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 02:26:20 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[March 28, 2024, 11:47:21 PM]

[March 28, 2024, 11:34:08 PM]

[March 28, 2024, 09:44:18 PM]

[March 28, 2024, 09:12:36 PM]

[March 28, 2024, 07:11:09 PM]

[March 28, 2024, 01:13:46 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 07:25:42 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 07:05:39 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 12:35:34 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 11:18:23 AM]

[March 26, 2024, 07:45:07 PM]

[March 26, 2024, 06:19:03 PM]

[March 26, 2024, 05:47:06 PM]

Support NCKA

Support the site by making a donation.

Topic: GS12 7th Annual Gyotaku Extravaganza! Photos are posted, add yours to the thread  (Read 3719 times)

Brandi

• Salmon
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: May 2010
Yes, the Gyotaku Extravaganza is happening!  If you haven't participated before and have always wanted to, this is the year to join us!  Here are the details for the 7th Annual Gyotaku Extravaganza.

The event will be held on Saturday May 19th following the GS12 tournament from 2:00pm -4:00pm at the campground – it will be held at the kayak/gear wash station near bathrooms. Additional information of the event not posted here will be announced at the mandatory meeting Friday evening.  This event is open to all ages attending GS12.  Children MUST have parental supervision to participate.  NO exceptions!

This event does not happen successfully without the great help of volunteers. I am hoping those who helped me in past will again this year – and of course I am always looking for additional help! More the merrier! This year, I will need 3-4 non tourney people (those who will not be on the water Saturday) to help me from 1:30 though 4:15ish. Volunteers, please PM me your email address so that I can provide you more volunteer info. Thanks!

The plan is for us be ready for all those interested in fish printing by or just before 2:00pm.  Please allow Team Gyotaku the opportunity to fully set up before you come over.

I will have at least three picnic tables for your fish printing creativity.  Provided will be newsprint, fabric paint (black, white, red, yellow, and blue), brushes, and possibly a limited amount of donated white t-shirts (most are very young kids sizes).  Bringing your own t-shirt(s), paper, table cloth, chef’s apron, whatever material you want to print your fish on is highly encouraged. Sponsor a kid with your registration for $20!  Gimme Shelter Gyotaku shirts can also be purchased at the event for $20 while official GS gyotaku shirt supplies last. Donations to offset the material costs are always appreciated!!  The only thing you need to bring is a fish (we will not be providing fish) and the desire to make a print with it.  Please remember to take your fish with you after printing! 

Once you have finished your fish print/shirt, we can take a photo of you and your print/shirt to share here on NCKA (optional) and hang your print / shirt to dry.

We will have a fish washing station to rinse the paint off your fish too.

Those who wish to sponsor a kid (15 yr or younger) for $20, sponsored kids will receive an official GS Gyotaku shirts logo’d with ‘Gimme Shelter Gyotaku’. We will encourage them to WEAR their freshly fish printed ‘Gimme Shelter Gyotaku’ t-shirt to the potluck a they will have an opportunity to win a prize!  We are changing up the prizes this year :) Sorry, prior years fish printed shirts, blank non GS Gyotaku or the GS shirts that come with your registrations are not eligible. More information to come!

Let’s get ready to have some fun printing fish!!!!

Questions?! 

Brandi
« Last Edit: May 22, 2018, 01:43:03 PM by Brandi »
Gimme Shelter Gyotaku Extravaganza! Coordinator

raydon

• Sea Lion
  • Fishy in the sea, won't you bite my hook for me?
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Oct 2010
I will sponsor a kid again.  I put it down in my registration.

FishWorks

• It's MudSalmon Time
  • Sea Lion
  • MOOCH STRONG
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jun 2009
Santino I will be participating year. Looking forward to it. Thank you Brandi and all helpers for getting this going
Just Slay
Host of the Berryessa Salmon Slam

LoletaEric

• Gimme Shelter Annual Kayakfishing Tournament Director
  • Manatee
  • The focus is achieving a state of mind.
  • View Profile LoletaEric.com
  • Date Registered: Dec 2004
Thanks, Raydon!

Glad you're bringing your son for Gyotaku, Ricci!

Thanks so much, Brandi!

I'm so looking forward to the event and especially the Gyotaku.  As has been the case the past few years, kids print for free - this is for kids of event participants.

As Brandi indicated, we're changing up the prizes this year - should be a really great time as always.

Can't wait!  :smt001
I am a licensed guide.  DFW Guide ID:  1000124.   Let's do a trip together.

Loleta Eric's Guide Service

loletaeric@yahoo.com - call me up at (707) 845-0400

http://www.loletaeric.com

Being an honorable sportsman is way more important than what you catch.

Brandi

• Salmon
  • View Profile
Thanks Eric!

This event IS for the GS kids!  Kids of all ages :)  Bring a fish!

Brandi

Thanks, Raydon!

Glad you're bringing your son for Gyotaku, Ricci!

Thanks so much, Brandi!

I'm so looking forward to the event and especially the Gyotaku.  As has been the case the past few years, kids print for free - this is for kids of event participants.

As Brandi indicated, we're changing up the prizes this year - should be a really great time as always.

Can't wait!  :smt001

brdopry

• Salmon
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jun 2008
Cant wait! Its always a blast!!!

Sailfish

• Manatee
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Sep 2006
I will sponsor a kid for the Gyotaku event.
"Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass...it's about learning how to dance in the rain."

Brandi

• Salmon
  • View Profile
Always great when volunteers start letting me know they will be helping out early on.  So far your Team Gyotaku Volunteers to assist with your fish printing creativity is LaWana, Christine, Sally, Shannon, Heather, David B, Scott H and Walker.  Haven't gotten in touch with me yet?  No worries!! There is still time to let me know you want to help out - even if its after you get off the water.  More the merrier!! This event doesn't happen with out volunteer support - and participants too!

Speaking of which, I wanted to let you all know of the PAID shirts from previous years and will be bringing them with me. I want you to go home with them, hopefully brandishing a fish print :) 

Dominic Belli 1 - L blue PAID
DPSHIM 1 - L pink GIFT
Francis Haute 1 - XL purple PAID
Kingstrom 1 adult small purple PAID
Joe Schriven (sp) 1 - L purple PAID
Raydon Shippey 1 adult small purple PAID
Old#7 Shu 2 - adult small blue PAID
Dennis Shu  1 - L adult & 2 - L kid purple PAID
Stockwell - 4 flags & 1 XL purple PAID
Turntine 1 - XL blue PAID
Jon Van Watermuelen (sp) 1 - XL purple PAID

Brandi

• Salmon
  • View Profile
Also joining volunteer Team Gyotaku this year to assisting with your creative fish printing are B-Rad and Craig S!  Welcome to the Team!

More volunteers are welcome!!

Brandi

• Salmon
  • View Profile
I hope after you take your fish for scoring that you stop by the Gyotaku Extranvaganza!  It will be right next door AND we hope to have twice as many tables for your creative fish printing.

I am still looking for some additional volunteers to help out.  Send me a PM or find me in the campground before the tourney.

Brandi

• Salmon
  • View Profile
I will be arriving to the campground one week from today.  I am hoping for a campsite near the scoring/gyotaku area so look for me there if you want to let me know you'd like to help out or if you have any questions.

Volunteers!
For those who can be there before and during the entire event, please meet me at the event site about 12:30-1pm to help me set up and get the event started.  For those coming off the water, please join when you can!

Everyone  - Event begins at 2pm, ends at 4pm.  Last paint on fish at 3:40 pm so we can clean up the site by 4pm and join the potluck at 5pm.

Can't wait, this is going to be FUN!!

Brandi

• Salmon
  • View Profile
Gyotaku good times - AGAIN!  Thank you everyone for your support by being a sponsor, volunteer and/or a participant!  Report and photos to come.  I will do my best to do before kinetic madness and freshwater nationals.  Links below for those who expressed interest in learning more.

http://kineticgrandchampionship.com/

http://rockymountainspearfishing.org/wp/?page_id=1769

LoletaEric

• Gimme Shelter Annual Kayakfishing Tournament Director
  • Manatee
  • The focus is achieving a state of mind.
  • View Profile LoletaEric.com
  • Date Registered: Dec 2004
Fantastic job as always, Brandi!  I'll try to get some Gyo photos up here soon too.  :smt001
I am a licensed guide.  DFW Guide ID:  1000124.   Let's do a trip together.

Loleta Eric's Guide Service

loletaeric@yahoo.com - call me up at (707) 845-0400

http://www.loletaeric.com

Being an honorable sportsman is way more important than what you catch.

Brandi

• Salmon
  • View Profile
Here are some images capturing the event....

Brandi

• Salmon
  • View Profile
more images....

anything