Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 02:55:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[March 28, 2024, 11:47:21 PM]

[March 28, 2024, 11:34:08 PM]

[March 28, 2024, 09:44:18 PM]

[March 28, 2024, 09:12:36 PM]

[March 28, 2024, 07:11:09 PM]

[March 28, 2024, 01:13:46 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 07:25:42 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 07:05:39 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 12:35:34 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 11:18:23 AM]

[March 26, 2024, 07:45:07 PM]

[March 26, 2024, 06:19:03 PM]

[March 26, 2024, 05:47:06 PM]

Support NCKA

Support the site by making a donation.

Poll

Should we start a Poll?

Yes
4 (17.4%)
No
3 (13%)
Shut up and just go!
16 (69.6%)

Total Members Voted: 23

Topic: Mooch Memorial Crab & Chill - Saturday Nov 5th, 2016  (Read 11876 times)

G-Whiz

• Sea Lion
  • I'm Glen, from the mailroom!
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Aug 2010
How does it work for us boaters? I have Friday off work and will pull down Thursday night. What is the fee per night for camping?

It might be a little late to try and get a berth for the weekend; but try, you might get lucky and get an 'End-Tie' spot.

When you pay the launch fee and/or berth, you can actually park overnight for free in the lot; including drycamping....

But it will be near impossible if you dont drop the boat in by Thursday evening and secure a spot in the lot.....

If you choose to launch on Saturday, be prepared for the LOOOOONG lines at the launch and an even harder time trying to park you car&trailer....
The one who dies with the most toys, WINS!

spinal tap

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Nov 2005
Glen, what about just anchoring inside the breakwall like many of those sailboats?  Can he do that and then ferry using a kayak?  I can also leave my yacht for Brian to use as a tender.

LapuLapu

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jan 2009
I'll be there with my brother and nephew.  I hope I can get a site on thursday.

You taking your rv rey? If so save me a parking spot next to you. I will be there Friday.

Taking the rv.  Thinking of being there early wednesday to secure a spot.  I'll save a spot for you.

rockfish

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jul 2006
We cant be there saturday, If I'm lucky we will make it sunday, will anyone still be there?
Less Mental than before, Still savage AF tho <3

IG: she_savagly_gardens

Edlovestofish

• Salmon
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Mar 2016
What time will you all be going out I'm thinking of taking the run

G-Whiz

• Sea Lion
  • I'm Glen, from the mailroom!
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Aug 2010
Glen, what about just anchoring inside the breakwall like many of those sailboats?  Can he do that and then ferry using a kayak?  I can also leave my yacht for Brian to use as a tender.

The sail boats are tied at permanent moorings, not anchored; anchors can walk along the bottom, and I don't think it's permitted....

The "die hards" will probably go out at midnight :smt007.... us older folks will go after breakfast  :smt044

The one who dies with the most toys, WINS!

StephKillsit

• Sea Lion
  • Not yakin just yet but I still yak in other ways!
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: May 2011
I'll be there Friday evening, to car camp solo. Anyone I can pull up next to? Been a while since I dropped hoop rings, so I would like to go out with company on Saturday. I'll probabby just drop right out of the mouth.
2012 Hobie Revo 13
Intex Seahawk 2

Thank you all for your support!! I’m so glad to still be ALIVE!! Weather on land or water I LOVE YOU ALL!!

Benzo

• Salmon
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jun 2010
Are newbies to crabbing welcome? Would like to see how it's done from a yak.

StephKillsit

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
Benzo, anyone is welcome to come as long as they know the precautions to take when going out on the ocean. It can get windy, out there, so we have to keep a lookout on the weather. Also, dress for immersion and have a radio. I've only crabbed a handful of times from a kayak and it was alone, I don't feel comfortable doing that anymore. But ya you should come out, it'll be a good time either way! And we can all learn from one another! I also have a ton of old bait I'm taking with me (freezer burned albacore tuna, and other carcasses)
2012 Hobie Revo 13
Intex Seahawk 2

Thank you all for your support!! I’m so glad to still be ALIVE!! Weather on land or water I LOVE YOU ALL!!

polepole

• Administrator
  • View Profile Kayak Fishing Magazine
  • Date Registered: Dec 2004
I'll be there Friday evening, to car camp solo. Anyone I can pull up next to? Been a while since I dropped hoop rings, so I would like to go out with company on Saturday. I'll probabby just drop right out of the mouth.

Stick with me kid!

-Allen

StephKillsit

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
Thanks Allen! I'll be looking out for you! I can't wait!  :smt006

Here's a video I took of me when I had my helmet cam:
« Last Edit: October 27, 2016, 08:48:33 PM by StephKillsit »
2012 Hobie Revo 13
Intex Seahawk 2

Benzo

• Salmon
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jun 2010
Benzo, anyone is welcome to come as long as they know the precautions to take when going out on the ocean. It can get windy, out there, so we have to keep a lookout on the weather. Also, dress for immersion and have a radio. I've only crabbed a handful of times from a kayak and it was alone, I don't feel comfortable doing that anymore. But ya you should come out, it'll be a good time either way! And we can all learn from one another! I also have a ton of old bait I'm taking with me (freezer burned albacore tuna, and other carcasses)

Thas awesome!! I've fished out of HMB a few times on my yak. Just never crabbed before. Hoping to meet ya'll out there. Some freezer burned tuna would be cool [emoji1417]

Thanks,

Ben

Blue Jeans

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Dec 2004

The sail boats are tied at permanent moorings, not anchored; anchors can walk along the bottom, and I don't think it's permitted....

The "die hards" will probably go out at midnight :smt007.... us older folks will go after breakfast  :smt044

Damn. Guess I would be stuck going back on the trailer after dropping the traps? I would hate to drift around oitside the harbor in the swell for 5 hours waiting for 1st light to start rock cod fishing. I am going to call tomorrow and see if I can get a slip or mooring but other harbors don't reserve them for guests.

krusty

• No stinkin'
  • Sea Lion
  • Is This Edible?
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Mar 2011

Damn. Guess I would be stuck going back on the trailer after dropping the traps? I would hate to drift around oitside the harbor in the swell for 5 hours waiting for 1st light to start rock cod fishing. I am going to call tomorrow and see if I can get a slip or mooring but other harbors don't reserve them for guests.

I believe mooring is $10.50 per day.

http://www.smharbor.com/pillarpoint/ratesfees201415.pdf

If you can get one, just radio NCKA base on shore and have someone ferry a kayak out to you.

Eric B

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jul 2007
I hope to roll in fri solo.  Down for the midnight run if conditions permit. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk