Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 11:17:40 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[Today at 09:07:13 PM]

[Today at 08:09:27 PM]

[Today at 07:50:07 PM]

[Today at 07:29:14 PM]

[Today at 07:26:53 PM]

by Rick
[Today at 06:21:18 PM]

[Today at 06:03:14 PM]

[Today at 06:03:07 PM]

[Today at 06:01:09 PM]

[Today at 05:53:10 PM]

by &
[Today at 05:23:24 PM]

[Today at 01:20:14 PM]

[Today at 09:23:34 AM]

[Today at 12:06:38 AM]

[April 22, 2024, 06:24:32 PM]

[April 21, 2024, 05:23:36 PM]

[April 21, 2024, 04:53:56 PM]

Support NCKA

Support the site by making a donation.

Topic: Revo 13 ideas  (Read 1887 times)

Tote

• One life, right? Don't blow it.
  • Global Moderator
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jul 2005
1) Add new pad eye to the right of where the mast slides in. Clip the drive leash to that.
2) I removed the mesh and replaced it with nothing. I can still put stuff there and it stays there.
3) Front hatch stored in a dry bag
4) right or left gunwale with a flush mound Scotty mount.
5) Make a rod holder that divides your tank well. Keeps stuff separated and gives you more options to store rods, gaffs, nets or whatever. This one slides into the rod holders already molded into the Revo.

<=>

CptSloppywood

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Sep 2014
 Or...
  #7. Give it to me  :smt005

VK

Or...
  #7. Give it to me  :smt005

Baawaaaa   :smt044 :smt044   what and let it get Sloppy all over it   :smt044 :smt044

CptSloppywood

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
Gonna get bloody soon :smt001

VK

Gonna get bloody soon :smt001 

Hmmm the opener is out , I`m having some  minor surgery on the 22nd , might not be till May  :|

Beachmaster90

• Salmon
  • View Profile
1. Definitely leash the drive despite what anyone says. I bought a tandem hobie from a guy who made the mistake of thinking the locks would be fine. I use a leash from Amazon and attach it to from just under the right pedal the pad eye that's right by the center hatch. It's never been tangled and is long enough to never cause resistance.

Paddle Leash with a 2 Rod Leash Set, 3 Leashes Total Plus 1 Carabiner. Built to Last, Made in the USA. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00MXJFXOE/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_paq6ybGPG2ZRN

2. Haven't heard of anyone doing this. I haven't had issues with snagging these.

3. I bought a rectangular Tupperware only slightly longer than a small 12v battery and it velcros down under the center hatch and towards the Saturn so right under me. I can still fit the hobie tackle box in there just fine and in this location if the battery needs to be swapped or is having issues it is very easy to access. I don't like messing with the rear hatch out on the ocean so if my battery was havIng issues that would be bad. The front hatch would be my 2nd option.

4. I put the thicker gear tracks on both sides by my feet and this has been great. I usually do rod holder on one side and FF on the other and don't have issues with them getting in the way. This is a very flexible setup for many different applications because I can add another rod holder or other gear to the tracks. It isn't cheap but how long do you intend on having your kayak?!

5. I put my net and one rod in the rear flush holders and use a locking Scotty rod holder on the front gear tracks for my 2nd rod.
If you are into bringing more than two rods I would consider storing extra rods inside the kayak. I think having a ton of rods on the outside of the kayak results in more tangling and can even be dangerous if you were to flip. Just my opinion though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AlsHobieOutback

• - = Proud Member of Team A-HULLS! = -
  • Administrator
  • "I love it when a plan comes together!"
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Apr 2007
Drive lease has saved me a few times while launching, landing, and fumbling it while trying to get my line out of the fins.  :smt004
"A ship in harbor is safe, but that is not what ships are built for."

IG: alshobie

anything