Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 12:08:34 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[Today at 10:51:53 AM]

[Today at 10:49:39 AM]

[Today at 10:15:09 AM]

[Today at 07:23:39 AM]

[Today at 07:16:05 AM]

[April 24, 2024, 09:45:12 PM]

[April 24, 2024, 08:39:39 PM]

[April 24, 2024, 04:31:01 PM]

[April 24, 2024, 11:46:31 AM]

[April 24, 2024, 10:38:46 AM]

[April 24, 2024, 10:16:10 AM]

[April 24, 2024, 06:30:45 AM]

[April 23, 2024, 09:07:13 PM]

[April 23, 2024, 07:29:14 PM]

[April 23, 2024, 07:26:53 PM]

[April 23, 2024, 06:03:07 PM]

[April 23, 2024, 06:01:09 PM]

[April 23, 2024, 01:20:14 PM]

[April 23, 2024, 09:23:34 AM]

[April 23, 2024, 12:06:38 AM]

Support NCKA

Support the site by making a donation.

Topic: Sportsmens warehouse coming to Rohnert Park  (Read 767 times)

MontanaN8V

• I swear it was this big!
  • Sea Lion
  • It's BANG TIME!!
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Mar 2009
BPS is my go to if I gotta have it now. If not, I go to Sportsmans.
Live your life, the way you want to be remembered. Don't have any regrets, we only get this one dance to make it count. Start at your eulogy, and work backwards.

CaddyChris

• Salmon
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Sep 2015
I have been to the Rancho and Fresno stores and like them both. Staff was very nice, and helpfull. Clean stores and not a ton of yahoo's dragging their snotty kids around. Not pushing their own brand of stuff like the redhead at BPS.
2016 Eddyline C-135
2016 Eddyline Caribbean 12
2005 Mad River 17

SOMA

• Salmon
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Dec 2013
Right, none of them are as good as Barth's Sporting Goods on Main St., Chico with the neon brown trout sign and Mitchell reels in oiled brown paper. Didn't look like they had anything but if you asked one of the Barth brothers they would go to some drawers and get you the genuine article, always made in the USA if not some fancy shit from France. If I remember correctly they both committed suicide about the same time.  I know you know all this Soma, isn't it funny how much we have in common? Let's fish together soon brother.

The brown trout ended up MIA.  Really sad about their demons getting the best of them.  Loren and Bill sold me my first firearms.  Their store is now a Chinese restaurant.  How thing change over time.  And yes, we'll be fishing soon!

NoSoupForU

• @paradisepescador on IG
  • Sea Lion
  • "If I'm not fishing, I'm sure thinking about it."
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Aug 2011
The chico store gave me a very bad taste in my mouth, I dont like to publicly badmouth people but i know it was mainly due to the tyrant of a store manager . I really loved talking fishing all day and helping people get set up plus playing with all the neat toys, I would go work for the redding store in a heart beat.  On the whole they are a pretty decent company to work for and the discount is amazing ( cost + 10%). They do not pay the greatest but it is a retail outfit so thats to be expected.

Btw if any of you went to the chico store and remember a big buy named Matt in the fishing dept thats me. I quit last year in april to move to eureka so itd be before that.

Also wormguy is probably right, i got hired on when they were still redoing the inside of the store in chico and i was part of the set crew there.

Matt, I'm pretty sure I've talked to you in the store.  Are you the one that came from the Eureka area?

With sportsmans, I often feel that they have 1000 lures, except the one that I want. I never get that feeling in smaller local tackle shops.

+1 This is sooo true!  I have repeatedly asked them to get certain lures that are more specific to the fishing in this area.  I haven't seen it yet.  Unfortunately, with the retirement and closure of Chico Sportsman's Den they are pretty much the only stop on town.  Sportsman's Warehouse is good at keeping the shelves stocked.  Unfortunately, it's with the same size and color lure that you already have 10 of in your tackle box.

IronClad

• Sardine
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Mar 2015
The chico store gave me a very bad taste in my mouth, I dont like to publicly badmouth people but i know it was mainly due to the tyrant of a store manager . I really loved talking fishing all day and helping people get set up plus playing with all the neat toys, I would go work for the redding store in a heart beat.  On the whole they are a pretty decent company to work for and the discount is amazing ( cost + 10%). They do not pay the greatest but it is a retail outfit so thats to be expected.

Btw if any of you went to the chico store and remember a big buy named Matt in the fishing dept thats me. I quit last year in april to move to eureka so itd be before that.

Also wormguy is probably right, i got hired on when they were still redoing the inside of the store in chico and i was part of the set crew there.

Matt, I'm pretty sure I've talked to you in the store.  Are you the one that came from the Eureka area?

With sportsmans, I often feel that they have 1000 lures, except the one that I want. I never get that feeling in smaller local tackle shops.

+1 This is sooo true!  I have repeatedly asked them to get certain lures that are more specific to the fishing in this area.  I haven't seen it yet.  Unfortunately, with the retirement and closure of Chico Sportsman's Den they are pretty much the only stop on town.  Sportsman's Warehouse is good at keeping the shelves stocked.  Unfortunately, it's with the same size and color lure that you already have 10 of in your tackle box.
That was Scott the Dept manager. I was the other big dude that always wore a G Loomis hat and was from oroville.

We tried really hard to get different stuff and other stuff switched out for what the area needed but our reps just sucked and would not help for some reason.  They told us oh ya no problem it will show up in a couple weeks and it never would. It took over a year to get kietechs in  but boy did they just load us up with bass assassin shirts..  It looked a lot better last time I was in but still missing tons.
Old Town Predator 13

NoSoupForU

• @paradisepescador on IG
  • Sea Lion
  • "If I'm not fishing, I'm sure thinking about it."
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Aug 2011

That was Scott the Dept manager. I was the other big dude that always wore a G Loomis hat and was from oroville.

We tried really hard to get different stuff and other stuff switched out for what the area needed but our reps just sucked and would not help for some reason.  They told us oh ya no problem it will show up in a couple weeks and it never would. It took over a year to get kietechs in  but boy did they just load us up with bass assassin shirts..  It looked a lot better last time I was in but still missing tons.
I know you guys tried.  Scott said it tough because corporate made the decisions of what store got what.  So is he still there?  I haven't seen him in a while.

IronClad

• Sardine
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Mar 2015
Scott is actually up at the Redding store managing the hunting dept now.  The fishing dept in chico is on  its 3rd manager now  ( Joe, one of the original fishing guys) and i wish him the best.
Old Town Predator 13