Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 17, 2024, 08:25:08 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[Today at 08:15:38 PM]

[Today at 07:32:12 PM]

[Today at 07:24:10 PM]

[Today at 06:09:58 PM]

by Clb
[Today at 05:19:05 PM]

[April 16, 2024, 09:41:56 PM]

[April 16, 2024, 05:58:15 PM]

[April 16, 2024, 05:41:52 PM]

[April 16, 2024, 04:57:35 PM]

[April 16, 2024, 04:34:12 PM]

[April 16, 2024, 04:12:33 PM]

[April 16, 2024, 03:10:47 PM]

[April 16, 2024, 02:05:51 PM]

[April 16, 2024, 01:19:27 PM]

[April 16, 2024, 09:43:54 AM]

[April 16, 2024, 09:22:18 AM]

[April 16, 2024, 12:32:58 AM]

[April 15, 2024, 10:38:53 PM]

[April 15, 2024, 10:28:01 PM]

[April 15, 2024, 09:34:00 PM]

[April 15, 2024, 04:54:29 PM]

[April 15, 2024, 01:54:14 PM]

[April 15, 2024, 11:53:02 AM]

[April 15, 2024, 11:47:27 AM]

[April 15, 2024, 10:36:28 AM]

Support NCKA

Support the site by making a donation.

Topic: Delaware Paddlesports Fish Bag (((GREAT FISH BAG)))  (Read 1699 times)

Yakety_Yak

• Sand Dab
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Mar 2015
https://www.delawarepaddlesports.com/delaware-paddlesports-insulated-storage-bag-large/

I want to let you guys know of something I have been looking at for awhile and pulled the trigger on it a few seasons ago.  Every since then, I have been completely happy with it.  What I am referring to is a fish bag.  I have owned two fish bags before this current one I now own.  Both bags are the Native fish bag.  Both bags are now in the garbage as they don't hold up very well for very long.  I remember when I got both Native fish bags, they were both damaged after the first trip on the water.  Each time I placed a fish in the bag, the fish would cut up the interior of the bag.  Furthermore, the zipper would eventually rust.  These bags are $150.00 each.  I don't know what they are worth now but I do know to buy a quality bag it runs around $150 - $200 (sometimes more).  The pricing on these things are just absolutely ridiculous! 

One day at one of my BHP outings, I met this guy that had a fish bag that I had never seen before on his Native Slayer Propel (thanks Angel for the info on this bag).  I inquired about it.  After that trip, I immediately went home and found the bag online.  After a little research, I purchased it.  I have not been disappointed with this bag yet.  Some of the points of this bag are:

1)  The inside of the bag is much more durable than the Native bag and will still insulate your ice
2)  The exterior of the bag is durable as well
3)  There are two zippers instead of one  (just in case, I always put a coat of WD-40 on the zippers to keep them lubricated)
4)  The price is absolutely awesome!  (I'll explain below)
5)  The bag is larger than most bags

The cost of this bag is $90.00 and the shipping is a flat rate of $15.00.  There is no tax as Delaware is a tax free state.  Here is another cool thing about this price.  If you put "TKF" in the promo section, you will get an additional 10% off.  According to my calculations, the total cost of the bag with shipping would be $96.00.  That's a great price for a awesome fish bag.

One last thing on this bag.  There is a place you can put carabiners on to secure the bag to the yak (I have pad eyes to secure the carabiner to it from the bag) or it has a strap.  There are plenty of options to choose from.  Just to give you an idea of how big this bag is, I have had three king mackerel and four red snapper in this bag and it has held up.  That is a lot of fish!  If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask or you can call me.  832-588-7091

In addition to the pics on Delaware Paddlesports web page, here are some others of the bag on the kayak:

« Last Edit: July 09, 2019, 06:34:08 AM by Yakety_Yak »

JohnnyAb

• Sea Lion
  • FISH IN THE SEA,LIVE IN THE WOODS,WORK AT BEACH
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Feb 2016
Cool!
Your Pics are really big, or maybe that's just the bag
"Character is doing the right thing when nobody’s looking”     -J.C. Watts

“we are a community that is committed to each other, the health of our waters, and the sport we all love"
-Scurvy

Yakety_Yak

• Sand Dab
  • View Profile
Cool!

Yeah, I just noticed that.  I am not sure how to fix those two big pics.  I know that at the bottom of the post you can scroll the pic over.  If you know how I can fix this, let me know.  I'll be happy to give it a try.  I posted the exact same thread in another forum and it came out just fine.  I am not sure why it's different in here.

NowhereMan

• Manatee
  • 44.5"/38.5#
  • View Profile YouTube Channel
  • Date Registered: Aug 2011
Thanks for the info. But, I have a hard time believing that the 1/4" insulation in that bag really does the job. Most of the bags that I see have a lot thicker foam, such as this one, where it is 1/2".

https://reliablefishing.com/collections/frontpage/products/20-x-36-insulated-kayak-bag
Please don't spoil my day, I'm miles away...

Bushy

• Administrator
  • First, you do everything right.Then, you get lucky
  • View Profile http://theletsgofishingradioshow.com
  • Date Registered: Jan 2005
Cool!

Yeah, I just noticed that.  I am not sure how to fix those two big pics.  I know that at the bottom of the post you can scroll the pic over.  If you know how I can fix this, let me know.  I'll be happy to give it a try.  I posted the exact same thread in another forum and it came out just fine.  I am not sure why it's different in here.

Click on "modify" upper right hand above your post.  Delete your photos from the post. Open originals in any photo app on your computer.  REsize the photos.  (currently over 60-inches).  then re-add the photos to your post.  In the future, resize them before you post them.  I use 12X9 inches.  6X4.5 will work even better.

Bushy

SANTA CRUZ KAYAK FISHING Guide Service  2004
NCKA
NWKA
Santa Cruz Sentinel
Monterey Herald
Western Outdoor News

Yakety_Yak

• Sand Dab
  • View Profile
Cool!

Click on "modify" upper right hand above your post.  Delete your photos from the post. Open originals in any photo app on your computer.  REsize the photos.  (currently over 60-inches).  then re-add the photos to your post.  In the future, resize them before you post them.  I use 12X9 inches.  6X4.5 will work even better.

Bushy

Bushy, thanks for the follow up.  I added the way you said and it worked perfectly with the exception of one thing (as you probably noticed, lol).  All my pics are right side up but for some reason the software flipped it upside down.  Is there a way I can fix this or is this something a mod will have to do?

Yakety_Yak

• Sand Dab
  • View Profile
Thanks for the info. But, I have a hard time believing that the 1/4" insulation in that bag really does the job. Most of the bags that I see have a lot thicker foam, such as this one, where it is 1/2".

https://reliablefishing.com/collections/frontpage/products/20-x-36-insulated-kayak-bag

NowhereMan, you may have noticed that the first pic has a Native Slayer Propel with a Reliable bag in the back.  Those are great bags.  The problem is the price.  The Delaware Paddlesports fish bag is half the price of a Reliable bag.

In regards to the insulation of the bag keeping ice, feel free to reach out to me if you ever get down to Texas 832-588-7091.  We can go fish and I will be happy to demonstrate at the end of the day how well the bag does.  After that, we can go clean fish.   :smt001 

Bushy

• Administrator
Yakety.

Sometimes they just do that.... I dlete them from the post, spin them all the way around a couple times in the photo app, then repost right side up.  Always worked so far.

Glad to help.  You a friend of bill's?  bill Pennington that is?

Bushy

NCKA
NWKA
Santa Cruz Sentinel
Monterey Herald
Western Outdoor News

Yakety_Yak

• Sand Dab
  • View Profile
Yakety.

Sometimes they just do that.... I dlete them from the post, spin them all the way around a couple times in the photo app, then repost right side up.  Always worked so far.

Glad to help.  You a friend of bill's?  bill Pennington that is?

Bushy

I tried rotating them a couple of times but it didn't work.  I'm about to head out to run errands so I will give it a try again later.  Also, I know a few Bill's but nobody with the last name of Pennington.  If he kayak fishes, have him give me a call 832-588-7091.  I'd love to hook up to do some kayak fishing. 

Bushy

• Administrator
Bill P is a veteran OG yak angler.  In fact he set up this form 15 years ago LOL

Bushy

NCKA
NWKA
Santa Cruz Sentinel
Monterey Herald
Western Outdoor News

Yakety_Yak

• Sand Dab
  • View Profile
Bill P is a veteran OG yak angler.  In fact he set up this form 15 years ago LOL

Bushy

lol

Those old guys sure know how to put a hurtin on the fish though!!