Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 12:59:33 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[Today at 12:43:04 PM]

[Today at 12:42:05 PM]

[Today at 11:46:31 AM]

[Today at 10:38:46 AM]

[Today at 10:16:10 AM]

[Today at 08:56:12 AM]

[Today at 06:30:45 AM]

[April 23, 2024, 09:07:13 PM]

[April 23, 2024, 07:29:14 PM]

[April 23, 2024, 07:26:53 PM]

by Rick
[April 23, 2024, 06:21:18 PM]

[April 23, 2024, 06:03:14 PM]

[April 23, 2024, 06:03:07 PM]

[April 23, 2024, 06:01:09 PM]

[April 23, 2024, 01:20:14 PM]

[April 23, 2024, 09:23:34 AM]

[April 23, 2024, 12:06:38 AM]

[April 22, 2024, 06:24:32 PM]

Support NCKA

Support the site by making a donation.

Topic: Got Stoned tonight  (Read 6114 times)

reelfish

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Nov 2006
NO NO NO not that kind of stoned. Kidney stoned. This was a first time for me and take my word for it you do not want this happening to you. Its Tuesday 3:00 am and I just got in from the E.R. The whole event started around noon time Monday at work. I had the urge to go but not much happen, so no big deal. Get back to the job and 5 minutes later the urge again so back to the restroom for another try, now such luck. After work I get home and right to the bathroom and success I pee. Wow what a relief. About 4:30 I feel cold and clammy, I got to pee and I feel sick. WTF is going on with me? Half and hour later no difference plus I got the chills. So its time to call the hospital. I call well my wife calls I could not talk at the time. I am also diabetic and this has never happened to me.
I got to tell you its the most pain I have ever felt and not looking to do this again. So here I sit high on morphine ( good stuff ) getting ready to pass another stone and get on with my life. Hopefully I wont take long. Well I am going to call work to tell them that I wont be in today and hit the sack.
Everybody take care of your self and drink plenty of water.

Good night.
Kevin

BANJOTAD

• North Valley Slayers
  • Sea Lion
  • Hobie Revolution
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jul 2008
OUCH :smt010
Feel better Kevin! :smt006

FisHunter

• SonomaCoastSafetySquad
  • Manatee
  • Mooch Taught Me How To Live Life
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Mar 2006
that sounds painfull, good thing it didn't happen on sat.....rest-up&piss that stone Kevin!
WASgonnaWELCOMEyouTOtheSAFETY-TEAM :smt011
Be Safe, Not Sorry = B'ropeUpFool!

Winner of nothing but goodtimes with good friends.

ravensblack

• Manatee
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Aug 2007
Our painter at work has suffered these and he said the same thing. That it hurt like nothing before. Now he drinks no coffe and no sodas. Yikes, I hope you are feeling better soon.
"I always entertain great hope" Robert Frost

Sailfish

• Manatee
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Sep 2006
Hope you'll get well soon!
"Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass...it's about learning how to dance in the rain."

The X Inn Keeper

• Life is Good!
  • Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Oct 2007
I feel for you man,
Those things can really make a grown man cry  :smt010.
Get well soon
Hobie Outback (dune)

Fish N' Chips

• Salmon
  • Hobie Adventure
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: May 2008
Ouch!  I hope you are feeling better.

e2g

• Sea Lion
  • 53 lb seabass
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jul 2006
my dad is a tough guy, seen him step on a bolt that went through the bottom of his boot, through his foot and make a tent pole effect on the top of the boot.  He grimaced and starts yanking his foot off.  As the bolt had threads, he had to kind of twist off.  Other than the grimace, you would have thought he was scraping gum off his shoe.

only time I saw him shed a tear, doubled over in pain was on the trip to the ER with kidney stones.  When needed MORPHINE is good :smt004
Winner 2011 MBK Derby
Winner 2009 Fishermans Warehouse Santa Cruz Tournament
Winner 2008 MBK Derby

Squidder K

• On the 7th day God created fishing!
  • Sea Lion
  • Old Squidder's never die!
  • View Profile
I have seen stones under a microscope they look like little spike balls, and when they pass they are scrapping and tearing the whole way.
Kevin Storm
"A bad day fishing, still beats a good day of work!"
Hobie Quest
Necky Kyook
Hero's on the Water
Veteran 36th Infantry Division "The Fighting Texans"
Patriots Fan since 1967
https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=field+artillery+song

BANJOTAD

• North Valley Slayers
  • Sea Lion
  • Hobie Revolution
  • View Profile
I have seen stones under a microscope they look like little spike balls, and when they pass they are scrapping and tearing the whole way.
Spare us the gory details Kevin, your scaring, or is it scarring us! :smt002
I haven't had the pleasure of passing one yet, but I'm a prime candidate :smt010

• "May the Fish be with You"
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Dec 2004
2 years ago, I laid down my bike right right around the corner of my parent's house. I hobbled the bike up the drive way high on adrenaline. Just as I was peeling layers of jacket off and pants, I could see that I was going to need stitches.

Nobody was home, so I got naked and went to clean the wounds the best I can. The cold water hits me and I get the piss chillys. So I start pushing and am thinking WTF? All of sudden I hear ping (I shot it that hard, i could hear it over the water) and I started peeing blood. Wow, I really done it to myself this time - off to the hospital asap!

Long story short, it seems alot of people in motorcycle wrecks get kidney stones knocked loose - whew! It wasn't a bad wreck, but the adrenaline pumping through my veins, blocked the pain of the stone passing - LOL!
Still, the next day I was sore as heck - but glad not to feel that initial pain. It was sore down thereafter.

That's my kidney stone story...
~Elric

"May the Fish Be With You!"

Rory

Been there / done that. I get them about every 2 years. And they do make a grown man cry. The next time, see if they can give you "Toradoll" Not sure about the spelling. It is a super anti-inflammitory. Also had one doctor tell me that when I start to feel them kicking to start drinking  :beer3 Good Luck!!

piski

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jan 2008
You guys have my sympathy.
This is something I do not want to experience!  :smt010
Catch & Repeat

Tote

• One life, right? Don't blow it.
  • Global Moderator
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jul 2005
Three or four times for me, I lost count.
Worst pain I have ever experienced. The first time is the scariest. You have NO idea what is going on. After that you know what's coming.
If they gave you morphine they jipped you. :smt044  Dilaudid (Hydromorphone Hydrochloride) is about 7 times stronger than morphine. HUGE difference!!!
I got that the last time I was in the ER for stones. Talk about going from the high end of the pain spectrum to the high end of the feeling great spectrum instantly!!!! Unbelieveable. And the cool thing was that I got it every 15 minutes as needed.
How ya feeling Mike?
Hit me again!!  :smt003
That experience definitely shed some light on how easily people can become addicted to drugs.
It was a great feeling, but scary great. Not something I need to try at home.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2009, 05:25:54 AM by Tote »
<=>

reelfish

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Nov 2006
Well its 5:15 am wednesday. Just got out of the bathroom and sooooo much better. The holpital gives you a strainer to pee in so you can catch the stones. There have been little sized dark brown/red grains of sand size stones in there. Not this morning I had a couple of 2mm sized ones in there. That's what they had seen in the X-ray so I hope this will be the last of that. Rory I hope I dont get them every two years these things are Mother F***ers. Well one more day off of work, I hope, and back to living. Question you guys and gals who have had them. I threw up so much I feel like a punching bag would feel. Did you also throw up a lot? I got to eat something know.

Thanks for the well wishes,
Kevin