Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 01:44:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[March 27, 2024, 11:13:05 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 10:53:01 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 08:00:55 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 07:25:42 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 07:05:39 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 04:18:57 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 12:35:34 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 11:18:23 AM]

[March 26, 2024, 07:45:07 PM]

[March 26, 2024, 06:19:03 PM]

[March 26, 2024, 05:47:06 PM]

[March 25, 2024, 07:10:08 PM]

[March 25, 2024, 03:17:35 PM]

Support NCKA

Support the site by making a donation.

Topic: Friday 4.22 Moss Landing Roll Call  (Read 3277 times)

&

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Mar 2005
It's official.  This will by my last friday as a norcal yakster.  I'm moving to so cal next thursday, having accepted a judicial clerkship in LA.  So...

Moss at 0600 for salmon, flatties, and other assorted incidentals.  I'm fishing my hobie mirage tandem.  Anyone driving from San Jose is more than welcome to stack your boat and split gas with me and whoever I'm fishing with that day.  

Looking at the extended forecast, I'm confident we can get in on some fish on Friday.  Regardless I think I'll be out there.  Do give me a holler if you plan on being there too.

Today's baysidemarinesc.com report is inspiring.  I wouldn't mind accidentally catching a thresher!

From Bayside:

April 18
The Salmon bite is still going good for the trollers around the Pajaro and Mulligan area. The same numbers as yesterday were producing a few early limits 36'48/121'49. The trollers are doing well in the morning before the wind comes up. The wind waves came up in the afternoon making it rough. The winds are expected to slow down on Thursday. I did not get any reports from the Soquel Hole area. There are some Thresher Sharks and Barracuda being caught mixed with the Salmon and bait balls. The Thresher Sharks are in the 40 pound range.

jnthn

Traitor!  :smt001 Congratz on the job.  Friday sounds good.  Can anyone in the SF/East Bay can ride-share?  If not maybe I will drive to SJ and catch a ride with you, Yauza.  The driveshaft in my truck is on the verge of dropping on the freeway but I would rather spend my money on fishing than on repairs lol.

THU
NE WINDS 5 KT...BECOMING W 5 TO 15 KT IN THE AFTERNOON.
WIND WAVES 1 TO 3 FT. NW SWELL 1 TO 4 FT.

FRI
W WINDS 5 TO 15 KT. WIND WAVES 1 TO 3 FT. NW SWELL
1 TO 4 FT.

SAT
SW WINDS 5 TO 15 KT. WIND WAVES 1 TO 3 FT. NW SWELL
1 TO 4 FT. SLIGHT CHANCE OF SHOWERS IN THE AFTERNOON AND EVENING.

guest Brian G

T sharks =)  Finally I get to use by big rig setup =)

ChuckE

• Global Moderator
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Dec 2004
Jonathan, if I can go Friday, you can carpool with me from San Leandro.  I'll know for sure Thursday.  Gas is getting too damn expensive to drive alone these days.
Winner - 2018 ARW Halibut Handline Derby
Winner - 2013 Doran Beach Crabfest
2nd Place - 2012 Alameda Rockwall Halibut Derby
Winner (Biggest Rock Crab) - 2010 Half Moon Bay Crabfest
Winner - 2009 Alameda Rockwall Halibut Derby
Winner - 2009 Paradise Halibut Hunt
Winner - 2007 NCKA Angler of the Year
Winner "Grand Slam" - 2007 Bendo @ Mendo III
2nd Place - 2007 Monterey Bay Kayak Fishing Derby
Winner - 2004 Santa Cruz Kayak Fishing Derby

Kevin

• Salmon
  • View Profile
Quote from: ChuckE
Jonathan, if I can go Friday, you can carpool with me from San Leandro.  I'll know for sure Thursday.  Gas is getting too damn expensive to drive alone these days.

last time these two fished together, the salmon were slayed...

April 2004

ChuckE

• Global Moderator
  • View Profile
Come on... Kevin, don't be modest :smt003.....If I remember correctly, that same day you caught your limit by 8am including one fat  17 pounder :fishing1 .  If you find that photo, you ought to put it up for us to see.

jnthn

Hey ChuckE, sounds good to me.  Driving my truck is like driving the last lap of a race - with every odd sound I'm sure it's going to crap out.  The weather looks great for Friday so we just need the fish to cooperate and stay in the area and on the bite.  Let me know if you can make it.  (510) 419-0462

Kevin,  don't you have photoshop?  Make my fish bigger, make me 30lbs lighter and do something with that hair  LOL.   That was a great day and my first kayak limit was long overdue.

FRI
LIGHT WINDS...BECOMING SW 5 TO 15 KT IN THE AFTERNOON.
WIND WAVES 1 TO 3 FT. W SWELL 1 TO 4 FT. AREAS OF FOG.

jnthn

From Bayside:

April 19
The bite picked up today for the anglers working the edge of the canyon near Pajaro and Moss Landing. The trollers had 2-6 fish a boat and some had limits. The mooching picked up with the Wild Wave catching more than 1 Salmon a person. This is a good sign that the fishing is going to be getting better. The fish are still being caught near 36'47/121'49 and 36'49/121'51 about 40-120 feet down.

guest Brian G

I'll be there fishing friday and saturday. Maybe flatties saturday, depends on the hang over fro friday night.

-Brian

jnthn

I just checked the tides for Friday.  High of 4.1 at 10:06am and low of 1.0 at 3:54pm.  This means we will be fighting the ebb on the way in.  Luckily it's only three feet of water movement.

Potato_River

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
Jonathan,
You are a smart man!!

For Fri, the wind is predicted from the SW, so if that holds true and doesn't change, the South side of the canyon might work out better.

When Joel and I went, we were fortunate that both the swell and wind were at our back, pointing us almost straight back to the smoke stacks.

I hate to imagine what it would have been like had we gone south on the mulligan side.

I wish I could join you guys, but my next fishing window is 5/7.

Have a great time guys,
Stuart

ChuckE

• Global Moderator
  • View Profile
Okay... it's official.  Unless something comes up, I'll be at Moss between 6:00-6:30am Friday.  Jonathan and I will be carpooling.

Besides Yakuza, I know another member will likely be joining us too, but I can't say who because he's planning to call in sick.

I'm crossing my fingers... but with 4 of us there in near perfect conditions, someone should get bit.

Anonymous

Hey folks. I'm hoping to carpool with someone from the Bay Area. Any chance ChuckE and Jonathan have room, or someone else interested in sharing a ride? I'm leaving from Berkeley. Gabekap

gabekap

• Salmon
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Apr 2005
OK, I'm a member now with a phone number. 510 206-5967  Anyone looking for a ride share from Bay Area? ChuckE, I think I met you a few weeks ago at the Brickyard with Steve. You guys must have developed carple tunnel from the slaughter that day.

Kevin

• Salmon
  • View Profile
Quote from: ChuckE
Besides Yakuza, I know another member will likely be joining us too, but I can't say who because he's planning to call in sick.

Cough, cough...

anything