Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 07:25:59 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[Today at 05:07:22 AM]

[March 27, 2024, 10:53:01 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 08:00:55 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 07:25:42 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 07:05:39 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 04:18:57 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 12:35:34 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 11:18:23 AM]

[March 26, 2024, 07:45:07 PM]

[March 26, 2024, 06:19:03 PM]

[March 26, 2024, 05:47:06 PM]

[March 25, 2024, 07:10:08 PM]

Support NCKA

Support the site by making a donation.

Topic: NorCal HOW 4th 2018 Event - Saturday, May 12, 2018 at Lake Camanche North Shore  (Read 3042 times)

bmb

• Please unsubscribe me from the
  • AOTY Committee
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Aug 2008
Hello All, 

The NorCal HOW team has gathered and decided that our second event for 2018 will be hosted at Lake Camanche, North Shore on SATURDAY, May 12, 2018.  We plan to try and accommodate approximately 20 vets that day. We will be needing some volunteers to take veterans out on the water as well as some to help with shore duty tasks such as carrying kayaks, prepping and cooking food, ensuring vets are rigged up safely with PFDs and rods, etc.

We are still deciding on the exact location of the launch, we will update when we get more info.

Few rules:
1. No Alcohol allowed at HOW Events
2. If you choose to bring your own kayak, it will be subject to inspection by the lake employees. They can be strict.  Kayaks must be clean and dry, no water at all and no damp seats!  We usually could use a few folks willing to take vets out on our tandems or your own, in addition to guiding.
3. Please take pictures of the vets, but ask them if they're OK with it first.  Some are not willing to have their picture taken, but those that are usually really appreciate the pictures.

If you think you can help join us, please post in this thread.  If you know of any veterans or active duty military that may want to attend, contact Raydon.  We'll also post up the event details on our FB page at www.facebook.com/NorCalHOW.  Please follow this thread for updates on what we need from you guys as to timing of showing up, cleaning up, etc.

bmb

• AOTY Committee
  • View Profile
Event comin' up in about 2 weeks!

See this update:

Ok folks! Next event is coming up! May 12, North Shore at Lake Camanche. Unfortunately, we were unable to get entrance and fishing fees waived, so if you would like you attend you will need to pay a $13/vehicle day use fee as well as $6.25 for each person fishing. Veterans do get a 20% discount on camping fees for anyone who is interested in camping. If you are interested in camping, please give Camanche a call at (866) 763-5121 extension 3. If they have any questions about the camping discount, you can ask them to speak with Terri.

Our specific launch location will be on the "Peninsula" - See attached Map. On the day of the event, we will have signs out directing people from the North Shore entrance to the launch.

If you would like to reserve a spot, please e-mail Raydon - communications.norcal@heroesonthewater.org. Let him know your name, your branch, how many people will be attending, and whether or not you are planning to fish or just have a fun paddle with us.

Ginoltk2017

• Sand Dab
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Dec 2017
I would like to volunteer Ben for shore duty.

TW

• Sea Lion
  • daleshark
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Nov 2011
I'm in for this one.
My usual shore duties.  8)
« Last Edit: April 28, 2018, 07:36:35 AM by TW »
NorCal HOW Volunteer

Ocean Kayak Ultra 4.7
Ocean Kayak T13

2015 Forbay  Fish N Chill Storm Trooper .
2017 Berry Slam Fish N Chill Storm Trooper.

Tonymoore55

• Salmon
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Oct 2014
This years Schedule is not working out for me.  Bummer.  I’ll be at my nieces Graduation from Nursing School.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

bmb

• AOTY Committee
  • View Profile
anyone volunteering please make sure to contact raydon via email

communications.norcal@heroesonthewater.org

Thanks!

Weimarian

• Sea Lion
  • The fish, I hear them! work can wait! let's go!
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Mar 2011
How are we fixed for volunteers? Do you need us? kayaks are covered in mud, pollen etc. Will need to clean if heading up to event. Are you covered or do you need us to head over the morning of?
Come on out! It's time to play. It's time for TROUT Bass and STRIPER. Let go of the hand brake!

bmb

• AOTY Committee
  • View Profile
How are we fixed for volunteers? Do you need us? kayaks are covered in mud, pollen etc. Will need to clean if heading up to event. Are you covered or do you need us to head over the morning of?
not really certain yet on participant count. I think we will be fine with shore duty though as we have some help from some local Blue Star moms.