Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 06:56:51 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[Today at 05:07:22 AM]

[March 27, 2024, 10:53:01 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 08:00:55 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 07:25:42 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 07:05:39 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 04:18:57 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 12:35:34 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 11:18:23 AM]

[March 26, 2024, 07:45:07 PM]

[March 26, 2024, 06:19:03 PM]

[March 26, 2024, 05:47:06 PM]

[March 25, 2024, 07:10:08 PM]

[March 25, 2024, 03:17:35 PM]

Support NCKA

Support the site by making a donation.

Topic: Softub PIF Giveaway...Thanksgiving Day is the day!!!  (Read 18260 times)

Sledge

• GetSome!!!
  • Sea Lion
  • GetSome!!! Hell Yeah!!!
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Apr 2009
Been thinking about this for a few yrs (5)

I'm doing this to help whose needing Some!!! But Mainly Im Doing This In Memory of Joel Lotilia aka Mooch!!!

"A Hot Tub Place" the Softub dealer for Nor Cal and myself have ponied up a 6 person Softub to be raffled off at the 2014 Pay It Forwad (PIF) event!!!

And to clear that up a little, TICKETS  can be PURCHASED  ONLINE on pg 11 on my smartphone using PayPal or a credit card and a third way which slips my mind...but there's 3 ways to pay ONLINE!!! So one $20.00 ticket could win you a brand new Softub!!!

Been thinking about this since my first PIF when BigJim talked me into helping ...never forget him pounding on my camper at zero dark thirty!!! Handing me a cold one and saying "Lets Go Sledge" we have to set up the Ezeups!!!

The feeling you get from helping someone out is hard to put in Words...but it's a REALLY  GOOD FEELING!!!

I will setup the Softub at all pre PIF events starting with GS8 (34 raffle tickets to date) have it full of water and nice and hot!!! each day while I'm at the event... we will pick one person in each category diving/fishing peeps can try it out!!! To Qualify to use it buy a raffle ticket!!!  $20.00 and have the biggest fish and/or abalone of the day!!! If it's family person who wins the day!!! Or If it's a single guy or gal that wins (the daily soak) pick some friends and enjoy!!! But be for warned I need pics of the lucky peeps enjoying some hot bubbly water in a CAMPGROUND!!! Makes for good stories when I'm talking to folks at my shows and when you've got pictures they tell the Tale!!

Shannon aka SJR? (won the biggest Ab and Bird won with this awesome salmon!!!

Don't know if Bird used it???

But I know Shannon did... he got his honey in the tub with him and probably watched the sunset!!!  And Brandi qaulified with this sweet harvest!!! Congrats Girl!!!

And BloodBath got his go at it with this Monster of an Ab 11"s Baby!!!

These pics are from GS8

next Event is the "Albion Open" towards the end of July!!

*****will not be at Albion Open***** Craig recended his approval of softub being at event********************
Said I could sell tickets there but no tub!!!  Anyways no worries!!! I'm working that weekend!!! I was supposed to work during GS8 but chose to reunite with buddy's instead!!! Money's not everything!!! But for PIF IT IS!!!

I'll never forget my first "Albion Open" in 09' which was My First Event Ever!!!  I remember mooch walking up to me and introduceing me to a Grip of guys!!! And that was the beginning of many a kayak fishing adventure...what better thing than to hang out with a bunch of people that Do what you like to DO!!! I've only found that On and With NCKA!!!

So back to the Raffle you don't have to be a member of NCKA to Win!!! Were not proud when it comes to our Friends (or were Damn Proud) in a Time of Need!!! We will take the Proffered $$$ from any and all!!! And every dime raised goes to our members NOT to a Charitable Foundation!!! that's what I've picked up on from talking with people here and there at GS8... that was coming from some local at Shelter Cove!!!

I found a huge plastic container about a mile out just floating, so I drug it back to the beach where a local party was Going Off!!! So I started asking if anyone wanted it, and had a flurry of responses. They wanted it for a crab boat for bouys or some type float for whatever it is they wanted it for. My main concern was that it was a floating  hazard OTW and I got it off...this occurred about midway through the  week after GS8 and I was coming in after fishing and started talking to all these people about PIF and the raffle and what it was all about!!! And this guy

Didn't catch his name,handed me twenty bucks,  and I told him I had to go get the tickets an write his info down... he said "take my twenty bucks"  "i don't need a ticket" "if the money is going to (someone) not an organization that's what counts"  cool guy, heard what I had to say and dug into his pocket and pulled out a twenty dollar bill!!! Very insistent that I take his $$$ so I did and when he turned around  I asked the people there if they knew him, they did so I handed the twenty to a guy and told him I had to clean some fish and I would go get the raffle tickets and box...and come back down...And here is Samantha aka Sammy to us displaying said raffle box...

And a little wildlife

Well by the Time I got back down there, the party had dissbanded and I was unable to get that donation!!! The guy had left and if anyone knows this guy let me know please, maybe Lolita Eric recognises him. He's  a local commercial fisherman!!!

Here's a couple more pics of the tubs journey to and from!!!  On top of VK's sweet trailer that he lent to a complete stranger!!! And I said "you sure you want to lend your trailer to the Sledge?"  "you don't even know me" he had no doubt in his mind (I'm sure he had a few):) thats what NCKA does for us, it inspires US and we find ourselves getting out of our comfort zone or getting into it, kind of a blind trust in each other to do the right thing!!! And to know that when things go south OTW or on land...and they will...its not if but when...that someone's got your back...a whole lot of peeps got your back

« Last Edit: November 01, 2014, 05:11:29 AM by Sledge »
It's all about Today!!! Because who knows what tomorrow will bring... so Better get OTW n GetSome

FishingForTheCure

• "I'm going to make dinner because my colors taste like hungry"
  • Manatee
  • LOWRANCE & SIMRAD PRO STAFF
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Apr 2010
THAT'S HUGE!!!!!  AWESOME WORK!!!!!! :smt007

ReelKnots

• SonomaCoastSafetySquad
  • Sea Lion
  • Never leave FISH to find FISH.
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jun 2005
Awesome Sledge!!!  :smt007

-Kiel
ARW King Of The Wall 2019
1st Place - Albion Open 2009
OK Trident 13 ( My Trophy )
495 Stealth Evolution
Hobie Revo 13

In Loving Memory of Joel " Mooch " Lotilla.

BigJim

• A-Hull
  • Manatee
  • No white flags.
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jun 2009
I think it sounds like a great idea Sledge!

I remember that first PIF with you as well....good times for sure....day before we were at Bean Hollow slaying it.  :smt003

Just so you know PIF is currently donating funds to Porky's daughter hailey...you can read a little but more about her situation here...I've been texting with Porky and she is is doing better and will post an update on here soon:

http://www.norcalkayakanglers.com/index.php?topic=53997.0

PIF 2014 has donated $4165 to Hailey so far, and I have another $396 waiting in PayPal to send her if she needs it right away...I know Brent is working with insurance companies to sort out bills and how much they have to pay and will keep us posted...

Obviously Team Mailyna (G-Whiz granddaughter) is another very worthy cause, as is Alex/Alien's son who will be getting some $ from Albion...

I have a Paypal account set up already for AOTY/DOTY and PIF so no problem using that to help out with getting donations for raffle tix sales...

Anyway, I personally think it is a really cool idea...Hot tub after a day of diving at GS8 sounds AWESOME!!

:smt003 :smt007 :smt003

:smt006

Sincerely,

Jim

ps...the attached screenshot shows the current AOTY/DOTY/PIF PayPal balance. I need to leave $1,300 in there to cover prize plaques then the rest goes to PIF 2014 so you can see that there is $396 there waiting to be transferred to Brent/Hailey.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2014, 10:54:32 AM by BigJim »

~GS4  2010-1st~
~DOTY 2013-1st~
~T2B2 2015-1st~
*DOTY: 2012-5th~2014-5th~2015-4th~2016-7th~2017-4th~2018-5th~2019-5th~2020-2nd*

bloodbath

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jun 2007
Sounds good to me Sledge!!! This is very good outreach into the community to support those in need.
That's what we are all about, right.
I'm good with this.

Thanks again Sledge!
2011 Albion Open 1st place
2014 Lowrance Rockfish Classic 1st place
Kayaks are cool!

Fish Master1

• If it bleeds I can kill it.
  • Manatee
  • A-Hull Muggle
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jan 2008
WOW!! Way to go SLEDGER!!!!! Hope you can pull this off! :smt007...Thanks bro!!!
..........Sincerly A-Hull Muggle.

Sin Coast

• AOTY committee
  • Global Moderator
  • Pat Kuhl
  • View Profile Turf Image
  • Date Registered: Jul 2006
Sounds like a cool idea, Sledge!
To clarify, A Hot Tube Place will donate a Softub to use at events. Everybody gets a chance to use it for $20 each and that money goes to a worthy cause? Or is the Softub going to be a raffle prize too?
Photobucket Sucks!

Team A-Hulls

~old enough to know better, young enough to not care~

Sledge

• GetSome!!!
  • Sea Lion
  • View Profile
Sounds like a cool idea, Sledge!
To clarify, A Hot Tube Place will donate a Softub to use at events. Everybody gets a chance to use it for $20 each and that money goes to a worthy cause? Or is the Softub going to be a raffle prize too?
Yes said tub will be raffled off at PIF...each twenty gets u a raffle ticket!!! No Peeing in the tub because will have the blue dye u pee it turns blue 8') just kidding NOT!!!

It's all about Today!!! Because who knows what tomorrow will bring... so Better get OTW n GetSome

Sledge

• GetSome!!!
  • Sea Lion
  • View Profile
I'm hoping to bring it to GS8 for first event!!! Per Eric's approval...was wanting to set it up where we do the awards cermony!!!

PS what are the events available before PIF...Albion was the one I used to sell this to the dealers...and again on Craig's approval!!!

Sledge

• GetSome!!!
  • Sea Lion
  • View Profile
Just got approval from Eric so it's Official GS8 will be first event for the 6 person Softub Raffle!!!

(33 tickets were generated at GS8, were up to 34 as of today's date 6/14/14...)

Update as of 8/14/14
120 tickets
« Last Edit: August 14, 2014, 06:02:58 PM by Sledge »

Sledge

• GetSome!!!
  • Sea Lion
  • View Profile
Albion is a go!!! Thanks Craig!!!

(no naked beer fests in the tub peeps)

I've laid the ground work now we just have to gitter done!!!

Update!!!  last week Craig sent me a PM stating I could not set tub up at event...worried some one would be tempted to have an orgy in it or something J/K not...He feels I didn't represent properly!!! That I was unprofessional at GS8!!! There's a backstory to this but has nothing to do with tub!!! So No hot Bubbly Water at Albion!!! Bummer!!! If you were planning on buying a ticket there you will have to PayPal it...or possibly BigJim can pass around the hat for donations!!!
« Last Edit: June 20, 2014, 10:35:50 AM by Sledge »

BigJim

• A-Hull
  • Manatee
  • No white flags.
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jun 2009
Make it happen Sledge!!

Thanks dude!!!!

:smt006

Sincerely,

Jim

~GS4  2010-1st~
~DOTY 2013-1st~
~T2B2 2015-1st~
*DOTY: 2012-5th~2014-5th~2015-4th~2016-7th~2017-4th~2018-5th~2019-5th~2020-2nd*

Chadrock

• SonomaCoastSafetySquad
  • Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Aug 2008
Good work Sledge!
I love mine.
If you want to thank a Vet, be a person worth fighting for.

1st place Red Barn Classic 2010

Str8FishiN

• DEPTH SQUAD
  • Sea Lion
  • #hobiefishing
  • View Profile Hobie Fishing
  • Date Registered: Aug 2011
You ROCK SLEGEND! 
"Success if living the life you love" -MOOCH

Sledge

• GetSome!!!
  • Sea Lion
  • View Profile
Right ON Brudda's!!! Mulege Carri kicked down the raffle tickets and is going to buy the first ticket!!! All I need is conformation on the tub before I can officially kick this off!!!
« Last Edit: April 29, 2014, 01:35:58 PM by Sledge »

anything