Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 07:40:15 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[Today at 05:07:22 AM]

[March 27, 2024, 10:53:01 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 08:00:55 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 07:25:42 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 07:05:39 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 04:18:57 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 12:35:34 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 11:18:23 AM]

[March 26, 2024, 07:45:07 PM]

[March 26, 2024, 06:19:03 PM]

[March 26, 2024, 05:47:06 PM]

[March 25, 2024, 07:10:08 PM]

Support NCKA

Support the site by making a donation.

Topic: Coosa FD  (Read 15914 times)

AngleDangle

• Sand Dab
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Aug 2017
Oh yeah! Toss in the large camel back strapped to the seat that likely tipped while dangling full. That adds another few high center of gravity pounds as well. Destined to fail? :smt044

My wife has taken quite a turn with the flu so unless she makes a huge 180 in the next 24hrs Sunday is not very likely. I will drop you a pm tomorrow with an update.

Eddie

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Mar 2016
You rock brah!  Nothing like real deal kayak re-entry experience.  I flipped in Tomales with a Hali on the hook because I decided to get on my Kraken seat on my knees facing sideways because I wanted to be higher.  Lost a mess of stuff but got a mess back...long story.  Just good to know that the fear of wondering what it's like is gone. Go Coosa FD  :smt006
“I’m going fishing.”  They said, “we will go with you.” 
John 21:3

Stealth Pro Fisha 475
Jackson Kraken 15
Native Manta Ray 12.5
Werner Cyprus 220cm

myyak8me

• Salmon
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Aug 2016
Well... I guess that does explain it rather well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AngleDangle

• Sand Dab
  • View Profile

Not my brightest hour. Live and learn.

racer414

• Salmon
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jul 2013

I’ve got an FD you’re welcome to try. So far I have a couple trips out on it and really think it’s going to improve my fishing experience coming from paddle kayaks. The only complaint I have so far is the weight, but I fish by myself quite a bit and don’t always pick the easiest launches. As I’ve gained more experience I’ve become more partial to lighter/narrower/faster kayaks so the cruise FD will probably be in my future
Headwaters Kayak Fishing Team

Spring45

• Salmon
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Feb 2017

I’ve got an FD you’re welcome to try. So far I have a couple trips out on it and really think it’s going to improve my fishing experience coming from paddle kayaks. The only complaint I have so far is the weight, but I fish by myself quite a bit and don’t always pick the easiest launches. As I’ve gained more experience I’ve become more partial to lighter/narrower/faster kayaks so the cruise FD will probably be in my future

Hey Racer, do you ever fish rhe coast? I sure would like to pedal an FD some time. Despite the reviews, it's still not off my 2018 wishlist until I pedal it myself.
I'd like to try..

AngleDangle

• Sand Dab
  • View Profile
I second the weight.  The handle has some horrible ridges in the underside. That leave a lovely pattern of painful stimuli though! It on my list of things to improve on. Slippery pedals are getting addressed tomorrow. Hopefully get it out for round two on Saturday with better results.

Spring45

• Salmon
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Feb 2017
Curious to know what the report will be

racer414

• Salmon
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jul 2013

Hey Racer, do you ever fish rhe coast? I sure would like to pedal an FD some time. Despite the reviews, it's still not off my 2018 wishlist until I pedal it myself.
I'd like to try..

I do when rockfish season is open. You’re welcome to try it if we can line something up
Headwaters Kayak Fishing Team

MooMoo Outdoors

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile MooMoo Outdoors
  • Date Registered: Jul 2014
Me me I wanna try!!!!  :smt006
https://youtube.com/channel/UC6mxd4WmuKFxDEozl7vuMzA

2018 AOTY Biggest Lake Trout Winner
2017 Simply Fishing Winner

California Canoe & Kayak Fishing Team Member
Bending Branches Team Member
Branson Baits Prostaff

2020 Stealth Fusion 480
2015 Hobie Adventure Island
West Marine Pompano 120
2019 Hobie Revo 13 (sold)
2019 Old Town Topwater 120 PDL (sold)
2013 Hobie Revo 11 (sold)
Lifetime Sportfisher (gave away)

AngleDangle

• Sand Dab
  • View Profile
Round two today. Trimmed a ton on weight. Ditch one rod down to two. Repositioned the fish finder. Still need to change the pedals. Not a fan. Steering is OK but not as smooth as I would like. Pedals are also not very smooth but this could be normal or just my lack of pedaling muscle. I kept the downrigger and made another stab at trolling but leg strength and wind in conjunction with not knowing if I was even doing it right drew me back to the launch area that was teaming with trout. Everything was a dink but I caught about 50 or so. I managed not to go swimming this time as well! Pretty sure it was the excess crap that did me in last time. Seemed pretty stable this time out. Hauling it out was a bit harder than getting her in but all in all it was a good time.

Anyone with trolling tips I am all ears. It feels like fly fishing in that once you catch some fish and get some confidence that you are doing it right it probably is pretty easy. No fish just leaves me wondering what flaw is the problem.

Lastly, that front handle blows! You hear me Jackson! It BLOWS!!! Hauling that boat up a long hill launch with little ridges digging and imprinting into your hand sucks.

sonoramike

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jul 2012
You had a 50 fish day??!!! Damn I'd say your doing it right.

AngleDangle

• Sand Dab
  • View Profile
I think they were brookies. But yeah. I wish I would have packed the fly rod or at least my ultralight spinning gear. The whole cove was alive with jumping fish and top water hits and the only thing that kept me from catching every cast was the lure was too big for some of the fish. They would hit it but not hook up and I would have 15 fish following every retrieve. Hard to believe that cove was dead last Thursday.

sonoramike

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jul 2012
Thanks for the heads up. Had a blast out there with small dry's and nymphs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

bmb

• Please unsubscribe me from the
  • AOTY Committee
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Aug 2008
looks like a brown plant?