Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 12:47:26 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[April 24, 2024, 11:51:19 PM]

[April 24, 2024, 11:16:08 PM]

[April 24, 2024, 09:45:12 PM]

[April 24, 2024, 08:39:39 PM]

[April 24, 2024, 07:56:21 PM]

[April 24, 2024, 07:50:41 PM]

[April 24, 2024, 04:31:01 PM]

[April 24, 2024, 11:46:31 AM]

[April 24, 2024, 10:38:46 AM]

[April 24, 2024, 10:16:10 AM]

[April 24, 2024, 06:30:45 AM]

[April 23, 2024, 09:07:13 PM]

[April 23, 2024, 07:29:14 PM]

[April 23, 2024, 07:26:53 PM]

[April 23, 2024, 06:03:07 PM]

[April 23, 2024, 06:01:09 PM]

[April 23, 2024, 01:20:14 PM]

[April 23, 2024, 09:23:34 AM]

[April 23, 2024, 12:06:38 AM]

Support NCKA

Support the site by making a donation.

Topic: Jackson Coosa Rigging  (Read 5230 times)

vwool

• "Grab life by the Paddle"
  • Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Feb 2011
Today at the Shop Dan and I had some free time and we decided it was time to start rigging one of the Jackson Coosa's on display. We added a mighty mount for the fish finder with the mighty mount backing plate. We also added side rails for attaching various items such as the Mad Frog Liberator for the transducer. Also added to Coosa was a Ram Rod Holder. Here are some of the pics. I will add more as more rigging is completed.

Eddyline Caribbean 12
OK Malibu Two XL
Hobie Revo

Host of Crabfest 2012-2022

WipEouT

• Salmon
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jul 2011
Victor, which slide rails are you using?  I purchased a pair of 6" proline sliderails and when they came in figured out they were a little higher than I cared for and the ram ball mount did not work in that particualar slide rail.  Looking for options for the Cuda.
Kenny

vwool

• "Grab life by the Paddle"
  • Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Feb 2011
Victor, which slide rails are you using?  I purchased a pair of 6" proline sliderails and when they came in figured out they were a little higher than I cared for and the ram ball mount did not work in that particualar slide rail.  Looking for options for the Cuda.

We used the rails that Native Watercraft uses. We cut in half to use for both sides. They work really well. We have some in the shop if you need some. Congrats on the new boat!
Eddyline Caribbean 12
OK Malibu Two XL
Hobie Revo

Host of Crabfest 2012-2022

Fishgr

• Salmon
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Nov 2011
Couple of questions for you as I'm drooling over the coosa,....

How are you mounting the transducer on the coosa?  Anything special or standard inside the hull tricks?  Saw some posting somewhere else in regards to a Lowrance universal scupper transducer working on the Coosa.

While on the water, how difficult would you say it is to change the seat position?

Lastly,....can you call my wife and tell her that I need one of these beasts?  She doesn't believe me.   :smt010

Hobie Outback 2021
OK T13

Paddleboy84

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile Headwaters Kayak Shop
  • Date Registered: Mar 2011
Couple of questions for you as I'm drooling over the coosa,....

How are you mounting the transducer on the coosa?  Anything special or standard inside the hull tricks?  Saw some posting somewhere else in regards to a Lowrance universal scupper transducer working on the Coosa.

While on the water, how difficult would you say it is to change the seat position?

Lastly,....can you call my wife and tell her that I need one of these beasts?  She doesn't believe me.   :smt010

Glad you love the Coosa, Its one of my all time favorite kayaks. On this rig job we used a Mad Frog Liberator arm mounted off a track system that we installed. This works best for me because I switch from kayak to kayak. I have not glued one in a Coosa yet, but its about at strait forward as you can get. There is a flat area right under the front hatch. Secondly changing the seat while on the water is easy for me but can be a balancing act for some. Going from high to low is easy. You just loosen the strap and slide the seat forward. Raising it up however can be tricky. Practice on the grass before you try it on the water.
Headwaters Kayak Shop Lodi CA, ran by paddlers for paddlers
Headwater Fishing Team Member

http://headwatersfishing.blogspot.com/

WipEouT

• Salmon
  • View Profile
Thanks Victor; can't wait to get OTW.  Will be hitting you up soon on the tracks.
Kenny

jbaker

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
The only cusa We have rigged in the redding shop, we did the transducer up front and the battery in the back hatch.

JimmyD

• Salmon
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Oct 2012
how does the coosa handle in the bay?  i want something i can go in the delta and in the ocean crabbing and fishing.

Thanks!

Paddleboy84

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile Headwaters Kayak Shop
  • Date Registered: Mar 2011
how does the coosa handle in the bay?  i want something i can go in the delta and in the ocean crabbing and fishing.

Thanks!

The Coosa is a river/ skinny water boat. It would not do well in the bay/ ocean. The Jackson Cuda series would be a much better for Delta and bay use.
Headwaters Kayak Shop Lodi CA, ran by paddlers for paddlers
Headwater Fishing Team Member

http://headwatersfishing.blogspot.com/

pao

Thanks for the visual pictures...as I'm looking sideways.