Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 08:30:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[Today at 08:15:24 AM]

[Today at 08:08:08 AM]

[Today at 07:42:13 AM]

[March 28, 2024, 11:34:08 PM]

[March 28, 2024, 09:44:18 PM]

[March 28, 2024, 09:12:36 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 07:25:42 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 07:05:39 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 12:35:34 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 11:18:23 AM]

[March 26, 2024, 07:45:07 PM]

Support NCKA

Support the site by making a donation.

Topic: Raptor SOT setups and goodies  (Read 26923 times)

Need2hav

• Salmon
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: May 2015
Good info gents. Nice to know there are several choices to choose from.

NowhereMan

• Manatee
  • 44.5"/38.5#
  • View Profile YouTube Channel
  • Date Registered: Aug 2011
+1 on the Hobie ones but I too have used the West Marine ones.  Like the Hobie MUCH better though.  I think Headwaters stocks them too (locally).

+1

The Hobie ones are awesome. I use one to route my FF cables and the other one to route a CamelBak tube (the CamelBak bladder is stored inside the hull).
Born in Arizona
Moved to Babylonia
Got a condo made of stone-a

RUDEDOG

• Sand Dab
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Mar 2010
Awesome info gents! Thanks Jim I think I might take you up in that offer soon.  I might try the Paddle rings to see if that helps.

Here's how I currently have my set up. I like that I can hide the FF when not in use. I have my transducer mounted thrrough a scooper hole so I wouldn't have to put more holes in the yak.
Its Not Easy Being Cheesy!

Need2hav

• Salmon
  • View Profile
Thanks again everyone. Got all these misc parts ordered :)

Need2hav

• Salmon
  • View Profile
Sorry to ride on Rudedog's post but some of my  ff parts are trickling in.I'm about to drill the first hole on my new Raptor "dun dun dunnnnn!!" I have a question on the Yak Attack geartrac install. It's an 8" gear track. Do you folks dab a little of that marine goop in the holes you drill before you install the screws maybe for a little overkill satisfaction or am I wasting my time perhaps even making it worse?

Madcat

• Salmon
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: May 2011
Sorry to ride on Rudedog's post but some of my  ff parts are trickling in.I'm about to drill the first hole on my new Raptor "dun dun dunnnnn!!" I have a question on the Yak Attack geartrac install. It's an 8" gear track. Do you folks dab a little of that marine goop in the holes you drill before you install the screws maybe for a little overkill satisfaction or am I wasting my time perhaps even making it worse?

Every single hole I drill in a kayak gets goop.

Santa Cruz Raptor SoT - sold
Hobie Outback - sold
Native Watercraft Slayer 13

Baitman

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Mar 2011
   If you have a washer and nut on the back side,  water is not going to seep in.    Goop is a bit overkill.  IMHO

The one thing that does leak plenty is those rivets.   About all you can do is dab a bit of sealant on the head and try to press it in.
Sometimes the fish isn't the only prize.
2nd place  Simply Fishing 2013
   Designer  Raptor kayaks

You must pass through the valley of stupidity to ascend the mountain of knowledge.

Need2hav

• Salmon
  • View Profile
Rudedog, I've attempted to upload pics of my progress for you to see but it's been failing so far. Not exactly sure why yet. They are jpegs. Newbies are allowed to upload pics right?  Otherwise, I'll just upload it on google drive later and share the link.

bmb

• Please unsubscribe me from the
  • AOTY Committee
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Aug 2008
Rudedog, I've attempted to upload pics of my progress for you to see but it's been failing so far. Not exactly sure why yet. They are jpegs. Newbies are allowed to upload pics right?  Otherwise, I'll just upload it on google drive later and share the link.
probably the file sizes are too large.  shrink them down and try uploading again!

Need2hav

• Salmon
  • View Profile
That's possible. Smallest pic was 3.6Meg. Got a new phone and had it set to max quality. I'll tweak it and give it a go later. Thank you

Need2hav

• Salmon
  • View Profile
Hi folks, I just tried running a Lowrance 5 transducer cable though  the Hobie thru hull connector just for kicks. It won't fit. The transducer connector is just a little too big for the backend Hobie connector  tightening nut. Power cable is fine of course since one end is just wire. I'm still unsure where to mount the transducer so it may be a non-issue for me but if you're going to mount a thru hull transducer and you have a Lowrance 5,  you will need something else. Probably the wm connector Jim was saying to get in the first place. lol

This is the connector I bought.

https://www.austinkayak.com/products/12509/Hobie-Thru-Hull-Wiring-Kit.html

matanaska

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile Lost Coast Kayak Fishing Adventures
  • Date Registered: Apr 2010
Try again it fits.  It's tight but it will definitely fit.
https://www.facebook.com/lostcoastkayakfishing

1st Place 2015 Trinidad Rockfish Wars V
1st Place 2014 CCKA AOTY
1st Place 2011 Trinidad Rockfish Wars I
2nd place 2012 Trinidad Rockfish Wars II
3rd Place Albion Open 2013
4th Place AOTY 2013
7th Place 2012 GS6
2013 Hobie Worlds USA Team member

2015 Hobie Outback
2016 Hobie Outback Limited Edition #420 of 500

Need2hav

• Salmon
  • View Profile
Try again it fits.  It's tight but it will definitely fit.

Gave it another try. Lined it up as and forced it thru and it popped in. Yay!!  It does a little damage to the threads of the locking nut but it trued up after screwing it in. Thanks for letting me know it does in fact fit. You saved me some time and money from having to get another part.   

Baitman

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Mar 2011
   Pics Mondo !     For large files  I send a photo to myself as an email,,,which gives the option of what file size to send it as.   Save that , then post it up.    I'd like to see what you've accomplished.   
   How's that swivel rack working out? 

Sometimes the fish isn't the only prize.
2nd place  Simply Fishing 2013
   Designer  Raptor kayaks

You must pass through the valley of stupidity to ascend the mountain of knowledge.

Need2hav

• Salmon
  • View Profile
Lol, my newer phone takes 16Meg pics. Freaking amazing! Jim, I still love my swivel rack. I mastered loading/unloading it on my suv so I'm in/out of the water in no time. I added an 18"strap on the rear right handle so my 5'6" height no longer requires a step stool. With your custom kart, I'm in and out of the water in one trip unlike before. If needed, I can take my kart with me too with no issues.