Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 01:50:14 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[Today at 12:06:38 AM]

[April 22, 2024, 11:58:24 PM]

[April 22, 2024, 09:24:28 PM]

[April 22, 2024, 07:49:41 PM]

[April 22, 2024, 06:24:32 PM]

[April 21, 2024, 05:23:36 PM]

[April 21, 2024, 04:53:56 PM]

[April 21, 2024, 09:45:43 AM]

[April 20, 2024, 08:27:22 PM]

[April 20, 2024, 07:37:51 PM]

[April 20, 2024, 07:28:42 PM]

[April 20, 2024, 09:08:36 AM]

[April 20, 2024, 08:41:07 AM]

[April 20, 2024, 07:12:18 AM]

[April 19, 2024, 10:54:38 PM]

[April 19, 2024, 10:40:43 PM]

Support NCKA

Support the site by making a donation.

Topic: My next project: Veloci-RAPTOR!  (Read 49836 times)

G-Whiz

• Sea Lion
  • I'm Glen, from the mailroom!
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Aug 2010
Just picked it up from Jim today; and in my favorite color too! Hope to get it ready for Albion!

Thanks Jim!

I'll post pics as the builds progresses; but for now, I just need to get the find-finder in before next weekend...

Glen
The one who dies with the most toys, WINS!

Fish 'n Brew

• Sea Lion
  • Martin
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: May 2008
Have you left the dark side after such a brief stay? 

G-Whiz

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
Got alittle bit done today:

- Mounted the Fishfinder, installed the transducer and ran the wires; still need to figure out how I'm gonna install the battery.
- Replaced the rivets on the gimbal rod holders with screws, so I can install wire clamps underneath; also put on some Seadogs caps on them since I had them off.
- Installed the GPS antennae in the port pontoon, as close to the transducer as possible; so marking waypoints will be as close to accurate as possible. {this is where my specaility tool comes in handy!}
-Installed some pad eyes on the opposite side of the interior pad eyes were you attach the seat straps; give me a addtional places to attach the rod leash, or whatever.
- Installed a Scotty Deck plate on the rear cross member so I can have a place to attach a flag and my GoPro Camera or during crabbing season, the Scotty rope puller.

I probably install a Ram Mount rod holder up front, finish installing the battery/power and myabe install a bungie netting on the bow, then that's it until after Albion...... I finish it up then...

Some people always ask me how I install screws in the hard to reach places; I use a special tool called my grand-daughter. only cost me a pack of M&Ms!   
« Last Edit: July 17, 2011, 08:56:06 PM by G-Whiz »

Jedmo

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: May 2008
I honestly think you enjoy rigging as much as catching fish with your new setup. :smt003 Nice clean job bro. Remember the downrigger on my Revo after
Albion. :smt002

Jedmo
1st place GS3 2009
7th place AOTY 2009

iroelikethat

• Fish! It's whats for dinner!
  • Sea Lion
  • 42 in the left 38 in the right-Feather River
  • View Profile JeffE's Myspace Page
  • Date Registered: Jun 2007
you need to put a motor on that! lol looking good!
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime. -Chinese proverb
South Bay Safety Squad - TEAM CAPTAIN  Screen name generator and General Instigator from Decatur

FKV-1 2005 Liquid Logic Manta Ray (Decommissioned)
FKV-2 2010 Hobie Outback (Decommissioned)
FKV-3 2014 Jackson Cuda (In-service)
FKV-4 2017 Hobie Outback (Inaugural Pacific Mission/ Christening - Albion- Aug 10th 2017)

piski

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jan 2008
Nice work. That thing is W  I  D  E  !   
Good job putting your granddaughter to work! The lighting makes the pic kinda scary, though - looks like a scene from The Grudge! 
Catch & Repeat

chaeki

• Sea Lion
  • Archer, Fisher, Diver, Shooter, Babysitter
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jan 2013
How much did you invest in those mods?  And did you skip another day of church to make mods?

Baitman

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Mar 2011
  WOW,    you didn't waste much time !   

She did all that for only a pack of M&M's ???         I'm going to tell her to ask for a years supply.. :smt044
Sometimes the fish isn't the only prize.
2nd place  Simply Fishing 2013
   Designer  Raptor kayaks

You must pass through the valley of stupidity to ascend the mountain of knowledge.

Tote

• One life, right? Don't blow it.
  • Global Moderator
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jul 2005
Last years Albion was the worst conditions I have ever been in and I have been in some real slop. The waves were steep, deep and close together. I took a breaker to the chest in the cove just before sunlight.
No way would I want to be in that kayak in those conditions.
I have nothing against the Raptor at all, but when the proverbial mess hits the fan I want a boat that floats!
<=>

G-Whiz

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
Last years Albion was the worst conditions I have ever been in and I have been in some real slop. The waves were steep, deep and close together. I took a breaker to the chest in the cove just before sunlight.
No way would I want to be in that kayak in those conditions.
I have nothing against the Raptor at all, but when the proverbial mess hits the fan I want a boat that floats!

First off, the Raptor is a very sea worthy and stable vessel; and I wouldn't hesitate to use it in conditions where I deem it safe.

Secondly, any experience captain, pilot or sailor should know their limitations and the limitations of the vessel their are piloting.  Going out in conditions that may exceed their capabilities, the capabilities of there vessel and/or putting themselves or there passenger at risk for a few fish is foolish.

Lastly, I don't appreciate you hi-jacking my "Rigged Post"; your comments have nothing to do with the rigging of my kayak. You should have posted you comments in the "Choosing a Kayak" forum; but guess you should already know that being a "Moderator". I have nothing against you as a Moderator or a member, but I don't believe you would appreciate it if I hi-jack your threads.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2011, 05:25:24 PM by G-Whiz »

e2g

• Sea Lion
  • 53 lb seabass
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jul 2006
is that hole next to the transducer the drain hole?  If so, dont you get water trapped in the rear  "fins" when you go to drain it?
Winner 2011 MBK Derby
Winner 2009 Fishermans Warehouse Santa Cruz Tournament
Winner 2008 MBK Derby

G-Whiz

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
is that hole next to the transducer the drain hole?  If so, dont you get water trapped in the rear  "fins" when you go to drain it?

That hole is actually a scupper hole for the rear well, on top... I thought the same thing to when I first saw that view on another person's post.

Glen

EWB

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Mar 2008
man you are the new darius....minus the selling and re buying. good stuff glenn. I wanna take her for a spin up river!
-Eric Berg

G-Whiz

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
man you are the new darius....minus the selling and re buying. good stuff glenn. I wanna take her for a spin up river!

No problem Eric; i should be there Friday afternoon through Monday....

I only plan to purchase one more kayak, a tandem.... then I am DONE (at least for a couple of months :smt044)

4 days left !!!!

EWB

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Mar 2008

No problem Eric; i should be there Friday afternoon through Monday....

I only plan to purchase one more kayak, a tandem.... then I am DONE (at least for a couple of months :smt044)

4 days left !!!!

haha. I am bringing my tandem. Its a sit in but you can take the family out if you'd like. Should be fun up the river.

-Eric Berg

anything