Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 06:01:05 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[Today at 04:15:52 AM]

[Today at 04:04:00 AM]

[Today at 02:42:27 AM]

[April 24, 2024, 09:45:12 PM]

[April 24, 2024, 08:39:39 PM]

[April 24, 2024, 07:50:41 PM]

[April 24, 2024, 04:31:01 PM]

[April 24, 2024, 11:46:31 AM]

[April 24, 2024, 10:38:46 AM]

[April 24, 2024, 10:16:10 AM]

[April 24, 2024, 06:30:45 AM]

[April 23, 2024, 09:07:13 PM]

[April 23, 2024, 07:29:14 PM]

[April 23, 2024, 07:26:53 PM]

[April 23, 2024, 06:03:07 PM]

[April 23, 2024, 06:01:09 PM]

[April 23, 2024, 01:20:14 PM]

[April 23, 2024, 09:23:34 AM]

[April 23, 2024, 12:06:38 AM]

Support NCKA

Support the site by making a donation.

Topic: Poacher App  (Read 1373 times)

• Cabeza de Martillo
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jan 2011

Just saw this on DFW website a CalTip Poacher App. It might have been around for a while but it's new to me  :smt001

A Confidential Secret Witness Program
CalTIP (Californians Turn In Poachers and Polluters) is a confidential secret witness program that encourages the public to provide Fish and Wildlife with factual information leading to the arrest of poachers and polluters.

CalTIP was introduced in California in 1981 in order to give Californians an opportunity to help protect the state's fish and wildlife resources. The toll free telephone number operates 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. You do not have to give your name.

To Report a Poacher or Polluter
If you witness a poaching or polluting incident or any fish and wildlife violation, or have information about such a violation, immediately dial the toll free CalTIP number 1 888 334-CALTIP (888 334-2258), 24 hours a day, seven days a week.

Or you may submit anonymous tips to CDFW using tip411. tip411 an internet based tool from CitizenObserver.com that enables the public to text message an anonymous tip to wildlife officers and lets the officers respond back creating an anonymous two-way conversation. Anyone with a cell phone may send an anonymous tip to CDFW by texting "CALTIP", followed by a space and the message, to 847411 (tip411).

Or download the free CALTIP smartphone App which operates similarly to tip411 by creating an anonymous two-way conversation with wildlife officers to report wildlife and pollution violations. The CALTIP App can be downloaded for free via the Google Play Store and iTunes App Store.

Be prepared to give the fullest possible account of the incident including the name, address, age and description of the suspect, vehicle description, direction of travel, license number, type of violation and when and where it occurred. You do not have to give your name.

Information from the call is relayed to the CDFW region where the offense occurred and an investigation is undertaken locally. If the information supplied by the caller results in an arrest the caller becomes eligible for a reward. (Rewards up to $1,000 have been paid.) The case is then reviewed by a volunteer citizen's group known as the "CalTIP Rewards Committee".

CalTIP rewards come entirely from donations, no state funds are used. The CalTIP Rewards Committee, not CDFW, receives and administers these funds. Money not used for the payment of rewards goes toward furthering CalTIP's educational goals.

https://www.wildlife.ca.gov/Enforcement/CalTIP
Pronounced in Spanish  ka·be·za de mar·t·yo
Translates to Hammerhead in English for my Gringo amigos.
....and yes that's me with a 6ft. green moray in the avatar.

"Spearos before Hos" - Silent Hunter

"Give your son a fish and you'll feed him for a day.
Teach him how to spearfish and he'll feed you for a lifetime" - Cabeza de Martillo

Proud Papa of ...........
2018 JAOTY Lucas aka Baja Ninja
2018 JDOTY Noah aka Silent Hunter

&

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Mar 2005
First of all, forget about that reward BS.  they shud stop sayin that isht.

Second, anonymous two-way conversation with a uniformed LEO?  ROFLMAO :jerk:  that is electronic public record subject 2 disclosure under the Public Records Act

Imagine you get popped as a result of anon tip. the FIRST thing defense counsel will do is attack reasonable articulable suspicion 4 da arrest or detention.  that means looking at all fax/circumstances that led LEO 2 beleeve a crime or infraction was or abowt 2 b commtd.  Accused is entitled to allllll dat info, and will get it, including from the ISP/Host/etc.

any poocher goin down can and will find the mfer that dropt a dim, beleeee dat isht.  snitches is bishes who get stitches

Weimarian

• Sea Lion
  • The fish, I hear them! work can wait! let's go!
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Mar 2011
Hmmm, I still report :smt075... Poachers come on up.  :smt044 Got um covered... :smt067 Fear and BS won't cover this.... :smt011 Poach and I see it. I'm on the phone right in their face.  :tard: Just don't poach :spank
Come on out! It's time to play. It's time for TROUT Bass and STRIPER. Let go of the hand brake!

• Cabeza de Martillo
  • View Profile

First of all, forget about that reward BS.  they shud stop sayin that isht.

Second, anonymous two-way conversation with a uniformed LEO?  ROFLMAO :jerk:  that is electronic public record subject 2 disclosure under the Public Records Act

Imagine you get popped as a result of anon tip. the FIRST thing defense counsel will do is attack reasonable articulable suspicion 4 da arrest or detention.  that means looking at all fax/circumstances that led LEO 2 beleeve a crime or infraction was or abowt 2 b commtd.  Accused is entitled to allllll dat info, and will get it, including from the ISP/Host/etc.

any poocher goin down can and will find the mfer that dropt a dim, beleeee dat isht.  snitches is bishes who get stitches

Yo so ah wont git busted fo' uh dead raccoon in Mickey D's? , wOrd!

Teach him how to spearfish and he'll feed you for a lifetime" - Cabeza de Martillo

&

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
Yo so ah wont git busted fo' uh dead raccoon in Mickey D's? , wOrd!

dafaq  :smt044

gotta wrk on ur waktxting game evun eye ain't undrstand dat isht

&

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
btw, how u think they ID dummas kids who call SWATTING pranx "anonymously"?  identified, yayer!  - it can/will b dun

Chet

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jun 2013
On a serious note, I have used this app.
I reported 2 cases. I got reply from a warden back on 1 case. Not sure what they did.
For sale [Lithium Battery] Version_2 -> Postponing
http://www.norcalkayakanglers.com/index.php?topic=87570.0

For sale [Lithium Battery] Version_1 -> Postponing
http://www.norcalkayakanglers.com/index.php?topic=84409.msg959037#msg959037

=======================================

2016 Dune Hobie AI
2011 Red Hobie AI
Trident 15
Tarpon 140
Prowler 13

My adventure
http://www.norcalkayakanglers.com/index.php?topic=75214.0

ScottV

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Mar 2011
I've used the app and they busted the POS that was poaching.  If some moron wants to try and give me stitches, then I say bring it on.  I have ZERO sympathy for poachers!
So long and thanks for all the fish!!!
`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.. ><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.. ><((((º>

---------------------------------------
Dark green OK Trident 13

2014 FreshKATS Clear Lake 6th place on the fly
2014 King of the Port 2nd place on the fly
2014 FAOTY Fly Angler of the Year
2015 FreshKATS Rollins Lake Round-Up 1st place on the fly!
2015 FreshKATS Tournament of Champions 2nd place of the fly

crash

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Dec 2007
I do not wish to remain anonymous. I also have no idea how to decipher the gibberish above but I find the attempt to read it once through without understanding 80% of it oddly satisfying. It’s just like having my teenager and her friends in the room. I don’t understand most of it but they seem happy.
"SCIENCE SUCKS" - bmb

Dale L

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Dec 2005
I do not wish to remain anonymous. I also have no idea how to decipher the gibberish above but I find the attempt to read it once through without understanding 80% of it oddly satisfying. It’s just like having my teenager and her friends in the room. I don’t understand most of it but they seem happy.

NCKA needs a like button.

JohnnyAb

• Sea Lion
  • FISH IN THE SEA,LIVE IN THE WOODS,WORK AT BEACH
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Feb 2016

NCKA needs a like button.

Sorry not one button, but two

if you didn't know they are... + and 1

(awe shoots, ya gotta press shift as well and that makes three)
"Character is doing the right thing when nobody’s looking”     -J.C. Watts

“we are a community that is committed to each other, the health of our waters, and the sport we all love"
-Scurvy

Dogwood

• Salmon
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jan 2013
There is no room in any sport for poachers, the resources are being depleted at alarming rate compared to years later. Got not problem pointing my finger at anyone that feels they need to poach. And if they think they need to have a conversation with me, well let’s have it. Don’t call it being a rat/ snitch just call the right thing to do.

Lir

LOL...I think it's annoying .I know annoying . I'm annoying.

As far as poachers , I've turned in 3. I give my name.

As far as retaliation...After I give the guy trying to beat my ass what may be the best asskicking he's ever had defending myself and after both his trials ,1. For poaching and 2. For assualt , I take everything he has left  in a civil trial for shits and giggles.

If he comes again fine.Bring it. I'm just dumb that way..Already sent one dumb drunk hunter to the.E.R. in K.Falls... Twice won't bother me if it's a poacher  :smt001

• Cabeza de Martillo
  • View Profile

LOL...I think it's annoying .I know annoying . I'm annoying.

As far as poachers , I've turned in 3. I give my name.

As far as retaliation...After I give the guy trying to beat my ass what may be the best asskicking he's ever had defending myself and after both his trials ,1. For poaching and 2. For assualt , I take everything he has left  in a civil trial for shits and giggles.

If he comes again fine.Bring it. I'm just dumb that way..Already sent one dumb drunk hunter to the.E.R. in K.Falls... Twice won't bother me if it's a poacher  :smt001

Spiffy”s in a Tiffy  :smt001

Moe!, Larry!....The Cheese!!!!!!  :smt005
« Last Edit: January 10, 2019, 05:43:26 PM by Cabeza de Martillo »

• View Profile
  • Date Registered: Feb 2012
I've no interest in remaining anon either.  I used to report 'em at the refuges when I hunted those.  I'd come in, tell who ever was manning the check in station the details enough that they would perform a search and I'd give 'em my contact info if they needed it.  Only once was I asked to testify in court.  Happy to; the idiot shot a cormorant.  I was on the same pond and congratulated him on a mighty fine Blue Duck.  Rare I said and one is the limit.  Hell, he didn't even try to hide it when he checked in.  The warden asked him if he shot it, asked to see his shot gun, then asked which was his vehicle in the parking lot.  At this point he got nervous.  When he asked him for the keys, he got sick. 

anything