Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 05:29:52 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[March 28, 2024, 11:47:21 PM]

[March 28, 2024, 11:34:08 PM]

[March 28, 2024, 09:44:18 PM]

[March 28, 2024, 09:12:36 PM]

[March 28, 2024, 07:11:09 PM]

[March 28, 2024, 01:13:46 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 07:25:42 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 07:05:39 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 12:35:34 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 11:18:23 AM]

[March 26, 2024, 07:45:07 PM]

[March 26, 2024, 06:19:03 PM]

[March 26, 2024, 05:47:06 PM]

Support NCKA

Support the site by making a donation.

Topic: Prayers for Sweetie  (Read 3557 times)

BaitMaster

• Sand Dab
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jan 2012
Sweetie is home and on the mend...a complete hand full!

USAA said pets aren't covered through our homeowners insurance, since they offer separate pet insurance, so it looks like I will have to take another route.

Sent from my SM-S820L using Tapatalk

When I'm NOT fishin'...I'm Wishin'

DRT Yakbah

• Salmon
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jan 2018
Baitmaster, you need to contact the owner's of that rental. If you don't know who it is go to your local planning department and they'll help you. Explain to the owner about the situation, and let them know they'll be apart of the litigation (lawsuit) if they don't remove the tenant within 30-60 days (check your local laws as to what is legal in your city/county.  As a landlord myself, I'd be jumping through boosting to placate your anger and not to get sued.  More important than that is that Sweetie is going to survive.     

Vermillion

• Salmon
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Dec 2014
Dude, that is the worst. I am happy she is recovering. The owners of the home should have liability insurance. Notifying them of the attack should atleast get the loose screw replaced. There are non profit organizations that can help with this stuff.
I only fish on days that end with Y

SmokeOnTheWater

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Dec 2011
Man, good thing I read til the end before typing my response.  The whole thing got me so riled up!! So sorry that it had to happen to your family and am happy to hear your dog will be making a recovery.
If you ain't first, you're last.

FisHunter

• SonomaCoastSafetySquad
  • Manatee
  • Mooch Taught Me How To Live Life
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Mar 2006
good to hear that she is home and feeling better.
Be Safe, Not Sorry = B'ropeUpFool!

Winner of nothing but goodtimes with good friends.

&

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Mar 2005
Baitmaster, you need to contact the owner's of that rental. If you don't know who it is go to your local planning department and they'll help you. Explain to the owner about the situation, and let them know they'll be apart of the litigation (lawsuit) if they don't remove the tenant within 30-60 days (check your local laws as to what is legal in your city/county.  As a landlord myself, I'd be jumping through boosting to placate your anger and not to get sued.  More important than that is that Sweetie is going to survive.   

Yes, LL should help out.  If you get no cooperation, contact animal control, the PD, and district attorney. 

See these FAQ's and the Sac County Code.

~~~
My neighbor’s dogs are getting into my yard. Is my neighbor either half or entirely responsible for fixing the fence?
Neighbor fences are not a requirement in unincorporated Sacramento County. However, dog owners are obligated to control their animals. If the neighbor is not restraining the dogs, Animal Care and Regulation can be contacted to file a complaint by calling 916-368-PETS (7387). If the property is a rental, contact information of the property owner can be obtained by calling the County Assessor’s Office at 916-875-0700. For neighbor disputes and conflict resolution assistance, the non-profit, Sacramento Mediation Center can be contacted at 916-441-7979.
~~~
8.04.265 Dangerous Animals.
     “Dangerous Animal” means any animal including a dog (except a dog assisting a peace officer engaged in law enforcement duties) which, when unprovoked, on two separate occasions within the prior twelve (12) month period, has killed, severely bitten, inflicted injury or otherwise caused injury attacking a domestic animal off the private property of the owner or keeper of the offending animal. For purposes of this section, at least one of the occasions must have caused severe injury, as defined in Section 8.04.275. Nothing in this section shall prevent an animal which commits an offense described in section 8.04.260 from being determined vicious. (SCC 1180 § 2, 2001.)
~~~

Best luck and recovery for poor Sweetie!