Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 01:52:10 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[April 18, 2024, 10:26:01 PM]

[April 18, 2024, 09:39:34 PM]

[April 18, 2024, 07:53:15 PM]

[April 18, 2024, 06:54:40 PM]

by jp52
[April 18, 2024, 02:25:47 PM]

[April 18, 2024, 02:15:59 PM]

[April 18, 2024, 01:10:11 PM]

[April 18, 2024, 11:10:06 AM]

[April 18, 2024, 09:46:32 AM]

[April 18, 2024, 09:43:09 AM]

[April 18, 2024, 09:32:03 AM]

[April 18, 2024, 06:51:56 AM]

[April 17, 2024, 10:07:55 PM]

[April 17, 2024, 07:24:10 PM]

[April 17, 2024, 06:09:58 PM]

by Clb
[April 17, 2024, 05:19:05 PM]

[April 16, 2024, 09:41:56 PM]

[April 16, 2024, 05:41:52 PM]

[April 16, 2024, 04:34:12 PM]

[April 16, 2024, 04:12:33 PM]

[April 16, 2024, 03:10:47 PM]

[April 16, 2024, 02:05:51 PM]

[April 16, 2024, 01:19:27 PM]

[April 16, 2024, 09:43:54 AM]

[April 16, 2024, 09:22:18 AM]

[April 16, 2024, 12:32:58 AM]

[April 15, 2024, 10:38:53 PM]

[April 15, 2024, 10:28:01 PM]

Support NCKA

Support the site by making a donation.

Topic: Striper and Halibut Event!! San Pablo Bay, July 15  (Read 19366 times)

ReelKnots

• SonomaCoastSafetySquad
  • Sea Lion
  • Never leave FISH to find FISH.
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jun 2005
Congrats to all the winners!!! and thanks to Jack, Ariel and Michael for putting all this together. ..... I had fun! looking forward for next year!

-Kiel
ARW King Of The Wall 2019
1st Place - Albion Open 2009
OK Trident 13 ( My Trophy )
495 Stealth Evolution
Hobie Revo 13

In Loving Memory of Joel " Mooch " Lotilla.

Frenchy

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Aug 2013
View from the potluck

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

• Old school or no school.
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Dec 2014
Shucks Mr. Tote, sorry I missed meeting you, I think Ron is Weimarian :smt006

Nope, not that Ron.
The musician Ron.

I'm the other Ron. But Weimarian and I both rock the Mitchell 302 and have old Neckys in our fleets. I guess call me NewFutureRon for differentiation.

Tote, great to hang, and thanks for the beers! That RV of yours kicks serious ass.

BruddahMichael, thanks for letting me know about this. It was actually Sara and my 12th anniversary, and this was a great way to spend it. I've lived in this area my whole life and never knew this place existed. Such a great hidden gem.

Jack: thanks for getting the space opened up to our stink. It was a great time, and I hope this becomes a regular event. And thanks to Frank as well. I think I learned more from him in about 30 minutes than I have in the past year.

Hell of a potluck, and the band was pretty damned good too!

Couldn't have asked for a nicer time. 'cept maybe for a hookup OTW. But I'll take a 4 hour bathtub paddle any day of the week.
14' Necky Dolphin, fast and wiggly, no room for anything.
Old Mitchell reel junkie.

TW

• Sea Lion
  • daleshark
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Nov 2011
Good times for sure.
It was nice hanging out with everyone and to meet some new peeps too.
Thanks Jack and your community there for having us at your facility.
Nice pic Frenchy.
Congrats to the winners.
And who ever that was who flipped over. You don't owe me a beer. (but I'll take one ) :smt005
You owe it to yourself to know how to self rescue.....

Tw
NorCal HOW Volunteer

Ocean Kayak Ultra 4.7
Ocean Kayak T13

2015 Forbay  Fish N Chill Storm Trooper .
2017 Berry Slam Fish N Chill Storm Trooper.

Weimarian

• Sea Lion
  • The fish, I hear them! work can wait! let's go!
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Mar 2011
Turns out his Hobie had filled with water. Self rescue was not the Issue. Glad we had back up! Lost his drive. Spent some time looking for it, but mud is so deep, that it is probably gone forever in 6' of water. the bay was amazing. Yes, I did catch 18 Halibut! 10-18" (thanks for thew tip Dustin) The red can must have had a carpet of them! All shorts and one short striper. Traveled 12 mile on my Radar pedal yak. Was so sore Sunday!!! 7 hrs = cramps! Paddled my way in with cramped legs. The whole hands free fishing, oh ya, I'm hooked. Backing up while working a snag free was amazing! Lost no gear to the bottom all day... Jack thanks for having us and sorry i blew up after the dog incident, some sad history there. My dog was a pain all weekend because ha can't go off leash (Beagles wander off) Hope next year's event will also have camping. Michael, Da brudder, You're a superstar! You put in so much work! I recognize your effort and thank you! As unto the band! They were boss, and hope they understand we left early due the outside nature of the group, not their quality. Wish I could have caught bigger fish but, now i know what Hali's feel like and a solid way to get them to bang the bait! Wasn't brave enough to hit the brothers Islands due to the currents but will in the future head out there. (not when legs are tired though) Good time!!! :smt006
Come on out! It's time to play. It's time for TROUT Bass and STRIPER. Let go of the hand brake!

Herb Superb

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Dec 2010
Good to meet you Herb(Herb Superb) and Robert, who built our trophy plaques.  Spoiler....Congratulations Nick, 3rd....Michael(RnRgeek)

Not me bro, I wasn't there. Must be The other Herb (Herb Ng). Congrats on placing. Sounds like a fun event. Would've been there if I wasn't working.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2017, 10:24:29 AM by Herb Superb »

TW

• Sea Lion
  • daleshark
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Nov 2011
Turns out his Hobie had filled with water. Self rescue was not the Issue. Glad we had back up!
[/quote ]

Thanks for the clarification on that RON. :smt023
NorCal HOW Volunteer

Ocean Kayak Ultra 4.7
Ocean Kayak T13

2015 Forbay  Fish N Chill Storm Trooper .
2017 Berry Slam Fish N Chill Storm Trooper.

Ariel Sea

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jul 2008
Would like to thank Jack for hosting this event in an awesome East Bay paradise. Point San Pablo Marina is an amazing place filled with lots of amazing people. Looking forward to future events and future scouting missions out of PSPM.

Michael Da Bruddah dude you kicked ass thanks for taking care of everybody. You made every feel comfortable and filled the peoples bellies

Didn't get to fish but had a drunken good time Friday and Saturday night. I was there as a civilian. I didn't have anything to do with organizing this event, just wanted to get drunk. Mission accomplished. All the credit goes to Jack and Michael.

It was good seeing you all at Stars and Stripers. Let's do this again next year.
2019 Hobie Outback Camo
2019 Hobie Adventure Island
2019 Stealth Kayaks 555
2019 Stealth Powerfisha 16
2020 Solo Skiff

Rock Hopper

• SonomaCoastSafetySquad
  • Global Moderator
  • A-Hull Muggle
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Apr 2005
Did anyone find a black Werner bent-shaft paddle.

I can't find mine.  :smt010

In Loving Memory of Mooch, Eelmaster, Shicken, and Cabeza De Martillo

I started kayak fishing to get away from most of you...

Weimarian

• Sea Lion
  • The fish, I hear them! work can wait! let's go!
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Mar 2011
I was the last one out. Swept the area. Nothing found....  :smt006
Come on out! It's time to play. It's time for TROUT Bass and STRIPER. Let go of the hand brake!

Eddie

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Mar 2016
View from the potluck

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Yes!
“I’m going fishing.”  They said, “we will go with you.” 
John 21:3

Stealth Pro Fisha 475
Jackson Kraken 15
Native Manta Ray 12.5
Werner Cyprus 220cm

HavocTheBeast

• Sand Dab
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Aug 2016
Had a great time meeting new people out there. Kinda sad I had to leave a little early.

Shout out to Jack for putting on this great event and also to Ariel and Bruddah Michael. Wish I could have stayed for the pig though.
Field & Stream Shadowcaster 123

Da Bruddah

• Salmon
  • Da Bruddah with my son Gabe, Whitefish, Montana
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Oct 2013

Aloha Bruddahs,
Just getting my mojo back after an intense, fun, satisfying and great 1st Striper/Hali Tourney at Pt. San Pablo Yacht Harbor. First, I want to thank the wonderful people at PSPYHarbor; Jack Johnson, Capt. Frank from the home-based charter boat Fury, Robert (Commodore) Edney -President of the PSPYH Sportsman Club, Bonny Dunn (for getting all the beer and drinks) and the entire great community there for making it possible for NCKA members to have a great and memorable mid-summer tournament at this beautiful and special spot on San Pablo Bay.

Jack, that Caja China whole roast pig was to die for and the well-stocked bar and live Rock Band from Pt. Richmond was a nice touch. I was dancing my ass off at the end of the night!! Great way to let it all unwind and celebrate!! That sunset at the Awards Dinner at the Clubhouse was spectacular!! I think that someone posted a pic yesterday.
I wanted to also thank Jack and Robert Edney for making these nice custom- made 1st, 2nd and 3rd Place tournament plaques. Robert Edney custom made the plagues with his special equipment. I asked 1st and 2nd place winners Michael (rnrgeek) and Eddie if they could post a pic of their tournament trophies on NCKA for all to see.

I wanted to also give a special thanks to Captain Frank of the Fury and Jack for taking his boat to SF on Friday to pick up live anchovies for all of us to fish with!! Again, big Mahalo to Capt. Frank for the Friday Night Safety Meeting for sharing your knowledge of the currents, tides and first-time fishing info about fishing in San Pablo Bay area. Capt. Frank told us to watch out for those speeding, monster ferry boats that cut through the channel between the “Brothers” Islands off Pt. Molate. You don’t want to be in the channel when they come flying by. The rooster tail and wake from the big ferry boats are kind of jaw dropping!!!

Late in the morning before the Ebb tide peaked, I had a big strike near the #4 buoy mid-channel, fishing with a 3-way with live bait. I had this big take down and knew I had something big. I was using my go to rod 7’ Trevalla with a Calcutta reel and 50# braid joined at the end with 30# Trilene Big Game mono and I first gave it a lot line to hook up and then when I tried to pull up the fish it took off diving and I was adjusting the drag to keep my rod tip from going underwater. When there was a slack I tried pulling up this monster with all my strength and could not bring it up as it kept diving and stripping my reel. By this time, I was thinking it’s either gotta be a big Hali, shark or sturgeon. I radioed for help to the other guys as I knew I was going to have a problem landing this monster!! Eddie from Richmond (da other Eddie) came buy and after what seemed like a long time, I could pull this fish up and I could see a little bit of a light color and I was already thinking, my first big Hali, I’m gonna take the Grand Prize!!!! This was the strongest take down that I have ever had in my new REVO 13. So. I finally get to see this monster coming into view from the depths and lo and behold it was a big Bat Ray, looked like over 3 feet wide. Got it close to my yak and cut the line!!! I had my fish orgasm of the year!!!After releasing it, it was like oh, “premature ejaculation”, I got my rocks off big time, but no winning fish!!!

Talked to Jack today and for sure will have the Striper/Hali Tournament again in mid-July 2018 and considering planning a Sturgeon Fishing Tournament earlier in the year 2018. Jack and I will keep you informed about dates.

Always great to meet new NCKA Bruddahs for the first time, Ron (weimarian) and family, Michael (rnrgeek) and girlfriend, Ron (newfuturevintage) and wife, Eddie (da man from Marin), da other Eddie from Richmond, Tote from Placerville, Dannarchy from Santa Clara, RockHopper from Santa Rosa, Frenchy from San Jose, HavoctheBeast? TW from Riverbank, CodAlmighty from Rohnert Park and others that I might have missed.  Hey Kayak Jack, it was nice to have some time to hang out with you, wanted to have you just be a guest and not do any cooking!! Thanks for all the TACOSHACKS that you do throughout the year for NCKA and HOW!!!

I had a nice talk with “Eddie” from Marin on Saturday night about welcoming/Aloha and Ohana/family. Giving the best to each other, helping each other during difficult times, having fun fishing, but always the big picture being grateful for the generosity of others and for what we have. The goodwill and generosity from NCKA members is no accident, it is part of the fiber and culture of our elders and leaders and it is passed down to all the members.

Mahalo nui loa to the greatest community of kayak fishermen, NCKA Rocks!!!
“All for one, One for All”,
Aloha.
da Bruddah
Michael

Enjoy this slide show that were taken today:
Link to Point San Pablo Yacht Harbor-7/15/17 NCKA Fishing Tournament:

Link to 7-15-17 Striper?Hali Tournament Slideshow:

http://play.smilebox.com/SpreadMoreHappy/4e4455314d6a51344e7a5a384d5441304f4445324e7a63780d0a

2016 Hobie Revo 13
2014 Hobie Oasis Tandem

Da Bruddah

• Salmon
  • Da Bruddah with my son Gabe, Whitefish, Montana
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Oct 2013

Hey Michael (rnrgeek),
I was very busy prepping the food on Saturday night and did not get a chance to see your 1st Place plaque that Robert Edney from the Harbor made.
Can you take a close up picture of it and post it on NCKA?
Congrats on hitting the jackpot this weekend!!
Aloha,
da Bruddah
Michael Yamagata

By the way 1st Place Winner-Michael Butler (rmrgeek) : $500
2nd Place Winner Eddie: $300? and 3rd Place- $200
thanks you Jack and PSPYharbor for the generous cash prizes for NCKA!!!
Enjoy this slide show that were taken today:
Link to Point San Pablo Yacht Harbor-7/15/17 NCKA Fishing Tournament:

Link to 7-15-17 Striper?Hali Tournament Slideshow:

http://play.smilebox.com/SpreadMoreHappy/4e4455314d6a51344e7a5a384d5441304f4445324e7a63780d0a

2016 Hobie Revo 13
2014 Hobie Oasis Tandem

rnrgeek

• Salmon
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Oct 2016
Here you go.

Nick took 3rd place. That guy is a badass fisherman
Wilderness Systems Tarpon 120 blue

2017 Hobie Outback

anything