Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 01:33:51 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[March 27, 2024, 11:13:05 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 10:53:01 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 08:00:55 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 07:25:42 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 07:05:39 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 04:18:57 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 12:35:34 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 11:18:23 AM]

[March 26, 2024, 07:45:07 PM]

[March 26, 2024, 06:19:03 PM]

[March 26, 2024, 05:47:06 PM]

[March 25, 2024, 07:10:08 PM]

[March 25, 2024, 03:17:35 PM]

Support NCKA

Support the site by making a donation.

Topic: Trinidad Rockfish outing  (Read 1166 times)

myyak8me

• Salmon
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Aug 2016
I'm pretty new to kayak fishing (although been kayaking without a fishing pole for a while).  Really haven't been in the ocean other than Tomales Bay and parts of SF Bay - but would love to participate with a group in Trinidad.  Frankly I'd feel safer with a group and really want to learn the program. Are beginners cool on an outing like this? 

Will there be time to go back to Arcata for Oyster shooters and beer?

crash

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Dec 2007
I'm afraid you have the wrong group.  We don't go to Arcata.  It is a terrible place and nobody should have to put up with that crap.  Oysters and beer on the beach is better anyway.

When are you planning to come up?
"SCIENCE SUCKS" - bmb

myyak8me

• Salmon
  • View Profile
I'm afraid you have the wrong group.  We don't go to Arcata.  It is a terrible place and nobody should have to put up with that crap.  Oysters and beer on the beach is better anyway.

I'm good with oysters and beer in any location!  I'd like to fish in the tournament to get the experience while there's a group around. I have to check the dates and the details.  Is the actual fishing multiple days?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Dancran

• Sand Dab
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: May 2015
I fish solo out of Trinidad once or twice a week sometimes more. Shoot me a pm and I'll show you around

crash

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Dec 2007

I'm good with oysters and beer in any location!  I'd like to fish in the tournament to get the experience while there's a group around. I have to check the dates and the details.  Is the actual fishing multiple days?

TRW is an excellent introduction to trinidad.  There is an ewok village.  And beer. 

One day, before first light to early afternoon.  Team event, partner required.  Shouldnt be too hard to come up with someone, just post in the tourney thread that you are in need.
"SCIENCE SUCKS" - bmb

myyak8me

• Salmon
  • View Profile

TRW is an excellent introduction to trinidad.  There is an ewok village.  And beer. 

One day, before first light to early afternoon.  Team event, partner required.  Shouldnt be too hard to come up with someone, just post in the tourney thread that you are in need.
Thanks, I'll do it. Looking forward to it.