Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 07:37:50 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[Today at 05:07:22 AM]

[March 27, 2024, 10:53:01 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 08:00:55 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 07:25:42 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 07:05:39 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 04:18:57 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 12:35:34 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 11:18:23 AM]

[March 26, 2024, 07:45:07 PM]

[March 26, 2024, 06:19:03 PM]

[March 26, 2024, 05:47:06 PM]

[March 25, 2024, 07:10:08 PM]

Support NCKA

Support the site by making a donation.

Topic: I lost my effing cell phone.....  (Read 6107 times)

mooch

• 2006 Angler of the Year
  • Manatee
  • Cancer Fighter
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Dec 2004

CaptainKayak

• Do you consider lingcod a filthy animal?
  • Salmon
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Oct 2006
Same here! I've been using my company BlackBerry for 2 weeks now. I have to get a new phone since AT&T will keep billing my account anyways. Sorry Mooch!

Btw - How did you lose it?
I wouldn't go so far as to call a lingcod filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a lingcod's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

jwsmith

• Salmon
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Mar 2005
Mooch.......you need to get you a little string.....

Judd

Jedmo

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: May 2008
I guess you can also say I've lost my cell phone as well. Mine died when I fell in the water at my last ocean outing.

Jedmo
1st place GS3 2009
7th place AOTY 2009

mooch

• 2006 Angler of the Year
  • Manatee
  • Cancer Fighter
  • View Profile
Btw - How did you lose it?

...musta fallen out of my pocket while riding my scooter to work. Got a new one, so no worries (needed an upgrade anyway....my old school rotary cell phone was a bitch to dial anyway :smt002)

* This will be my 3rd cell phone....believe it....or not.

piski

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jan 2008
I guess you can also say I've lost my cell phone as well. Mine died when I fell in the water at my last ocean outing.

Jedmo

Done that, and my digital camera. Didn't even fall in, just dunked them while wading. Duh!  :smt011
Catch & Repeat

Northern Boy

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile my name is phil and i'm addicted to fishing
  • Date Registered: Mar 2007
I've dropped them off jetties, had them in my pocket when I fell in the water, had them in the "waterproof" hatch of my kayak, bought crap ones that fell apart, been robbed, been careless etc etc.

I think I average one a year for the last 6 years. I'll never pay > 100 bucks for one and I'll never buy one new from the phone company. These days I just buy a 50 dollar "go-phone" and stick my old sim card in (assuming it's survived the latest mishap).

Northern Boy

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile my name is phil and i'm addicted to fishing
  • Date Registered: Mar 2007

Jedmo

Done that, and my digital camera. Didn't even fall in, just dunked them while wading. Duh!  :smt011

I forgot; that too; had my cellphone and camera in my pocket while surf perching. Idiot.

jwsmith

• Salmon
  • View Profile
Friend of mine just drove across his "blackberry" with his GMC Yukon.

"I had the phone, with an armload of stuff I was puting in the tailgate...
"I set the phone down on the bumper ledge...
"So then I started the car and began to back up...I heard this crunch sound..
"That made me think of my blackberry...
"So I got out and looked...
"The rear wheel had gone right over it...

============

And.......Nothing so fancy as a BLACKBERRY for me.......but I left my nokea in a motel room....it got "disappeared" in the rumpled thrown-back covers of the bed.
(I've also lost underwear and parts of pajama sets, and some nice ties that way)

Losing my nokea converted me.   Now before I leave a motel room...???... I make the damned bed.

&

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
Anyone ever have a phone in a breast pocket, then bent at the waist to flush the toilet which you've just destroyed, only to let slip the phone into the swirl?  Then your faced with a serious poopy dilemma...

polepole

• Administrator
  • View Profile Kayak Fishing Magazine
Anyone ever have a phone in a breast pocket, then bent at the waist to flush the toilet which you've just destroyed, only to let slip the phone into the swirl?  Then your faced with a serious poopy dilemma...

BTDT.

And just this weekend I was doing a seal launch down a little incline.  Had my knees up holding a rod tip up and away to avoid getting it snagged on anything on the way down.  This moved my COG up and prevented me from bracing effectively.  Anyway, into the drink I go.  I had a full dry suit on ... but my fly was open.   :smt013  One cell phone fried.  Well, it dried out and is working now, but I can just feel the little salt crystals corroding away everything inside it ...

-Allen

Usagi

• Sea Lion
  • The results of a negative WAF account...
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: May 2006
A couple of years back we went to dinner at a Korean BBQ on El Camino in Santa Clara.  My wife lost her cell phone, we think as she was getting out of the car.  Didn't realize it until later that evening, but we weren't sure where the phone was.  Waited until the next day before going online to report the phone missing (less than 24 hours).  Called Cingular to see if any calls had been made, and were told "no".  Two weeks later she gets her bill and it's almost $3,000...all phone calls to Mexico and South America.  For some reason the online reporting procedure didn't work as designed, and the phone was in use for well over a week.  It took over a month of nasty calls from me to get the phone company to reverse the call charges, and a month past that to get them to remove the $700 in taxes that stemmed from the calls and text messages.  Needless to say we learned a valuable lesson...when someone stole my phone from my glovebox a month later I went online to cancel AND called to verify that the account was canceled as soon as I noticed that the phone was gone.  Damn thieves...glad it worked out for you, Joel.
You don't quit playing because you get old, you get old because you quit playing...

Tote

• One life, right? Don't blow it.
  • Global Moderator
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jul 2005
Sorry guys but I cannot relate to any of this.
Believe it or not I have gone 47 years without owning a cell phone. :smt044
<=>

CGN-38

• Del Valle Storm Trooper
  • Sea Lion
  • Survivor Del Valle FnC 09'
  • View Profile
Hey Yakuza,  I guess the 5-sec rule won't apply there huh!  :smt046

Member/survivor STORM TROOPER Brigade

anything