Kayak Zone > Places to Launch and Camp

Kayak fishing inside of Pillar Point Harbor?

(1/8) > >>

Rc4jw:
I just posted about wanting to find a good spot in the delta to fish and kayak. Does anybody know if you can fish from your kayak inside of the Pillar Point Harbor?  I was thinking out along the rock walls from the inside of the harbor may be good to try. Also does anybody know if you can launch inside the harbor and then get out to the open bay or do you have to launch outside of the harbor if you want to fish the bay? Thanks in advance for any responses.

Pompano120:
it's like watching paint dry if you fish inside Pillar Point Harbor. my best advice to you guys are to practice paddling. get used to the tipping point of your yaks,  practice self rescue and join a hookup group and head out to open waters. oh and one thing. beware of the landlord.. j/k..

but do prepare for sea sick cause kayaking in delta and lakes are not the same as ocean.

Str8FishiN:
During the commercial crab season, I hear the commies cull their crab inside the harbor and throw excess overboard.  Crabbing inside may be productive later, after the commies start crabbing.  Also, I've heard rumors of halibut inside the harbor...

Cabeza de Martillo:

--- Quote from: Str8FiSHiN on September 18, 2015, 01:32:24 PM ---During the commercial crab season, I hear the commies cull their crab inside the harbor and throw excess overboard.  Crabbing inside may be productive later, after the commies start crabbing.  Also, I've heard rumors of halibut inside the harbor...

--- End quote ---

Rumors? What is this House Wives of Silicon Valley?

&:
If your target species is kingfish/croakers, then squid tipped on a bare jig head will get you some action.  Also, occasionally get flooded with baitfish, like chovies where you can jig up by the bucketload.

Otherwise, PPH is not likely to be productive, generally speaking.  Freak conditions/circumstances may alter your yield. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version