Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 03:55:43 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[Today at 03:32:02 PM]

[Today at 01:20:14 PM]

[Today at 10:36:10 AM]

[Today at 09:23:34 AM]

[Today at 12:06:38 AM]

[April 22, 2024, 07:49:41 PM]

[April 22, 2024, 06:24:32 PM]

[April 21, 2024, 05:23:36 PM]

[April 21, 2024, 04:53:56 PM]

[April 21, 2024, 09:45:43 AM]

[April 20, 2024, 08:27:22 PM]

[April 20, 2024, 07:28:42 PM]

Support NCKA

Support the site by making a donation.

Topic: Lite weight wetsuit top  (Read 1611 times)

TomB

• Sand Dab
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Aug 2005
I went to the Morro Bay area last weekend and there was the usual overcast
and the temp was about 68 or so. I tried out a new farmerjohn by Bare. With the exertion of paddling I got pretty warm. Even unzipping was not enough
to cool me down. The suit is only 3mil .
I will need to buy an alternate top for warmer days. I have seen a top made by NRS with the style name of "misteroso" it looks like it might be what I need. Does anyone have any experience with this brand and or style?? How about another brand to do what I need? Any suggestions would appreciated. And also where is the best place to buy clothing of this type. Suggestions please !!!!!            Thanks                                      TomB

Bill

• Sea Lion
  • My Brother
  • View Profile GulfStream Outdoors
  • Date Registered: Dec 2004
NRS makes top notch stuff!  :smt023

I have the 1/2 mil farmer john from them and it is great for warmer water excursions.

Kevin

• Salmon
  • View Profile
I think Joel has that top.  REI has them.

TreeDoc

• Sand Dab
  • View Profile
I have 2 NRS tops, one that is lightweight and one much heavier. It is very nice quality stuff and the main line that my local dealer carries.

Now, for my next question....you were practically in my backyard! Where did you launch? Any fish? I'm heading out of Port San Luis in the morning.

SBD

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Aug 2010
I have a neoprene/lycra Mysterioso top and it is a 10/10.  Love it!

Hat Trick

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
hey sean do you have any bigger than you wear? i have tried on those rash guards at surf shops, but they are made for a lesser man, they make me look like a sausage.
2006 AOTY STRIPERKING

Hat Trick

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
i reread your post sean, you HAVE it you don't SELL IT. what size do you wear?
2006 AOTY STRIPERKING

SBD

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Aug 2010
Correct...we don't carry it, but they are great!  I am all about XL.  The neo bod helps avoid the sausage look.  I think Mooch has the same one.

TomB

• Sand Dab
  • View Profile
I appreciate all the feed back. Looks like the misterioso top is what I am afer. Now I just need to find the best place (price) to buy it at. REI has it for 64.00 $ . Is there anyone associated with our group that sell these?
It is really good to be able to post questions like this on the forum and get prompt replies, thanks to all !!

Tree doc-- I was at Montana de Oro last weekend with my wife waiting on shore for me to finish fishing and come in so she could go shopping in Cambria ( extreme WAF pressure ) I didn't have time to catch anything but conditions were good.

Thanks again for the top feed back. It helps eliminate the chance of a 64.00 $ mistake.
                                                                                         TomB

mooch

• 2006 Angler of the Year
  • Manatee
  • Cancer Fighter
  • View Profile
I think Mooch has the same one.

yep - I have been wearing mine eversince I started kayak fishing and I love 'em!!!!  :smt023  

I think Joel has that top. REI has them.

True  :smt002

TreeDoc

• Sand Dab
  • View Profile
Quote from: TomB

Tree doc-- I was at Montana de Oro last weekend with my wife waiting on shore for me to finish fishing and come in so she could go shopping in Cambria ( extreme WAF pressure ) I didn't have time to catch anything but conditions were good.

TomB, I've been looking forward to a Spooner's Cove or nearby run. I fish right there off of Pt. Buchon in the offshore boat and have taken many nice big Lings and Reds just outside and in easy reach of a yak. If you ever find yourself in a position to come back over and need a tag along before our Rockfish season ends, drop me a line. My regular fishing buddy prefers his fishing off of the 20' Mako Center Console and not a Yak!  :smt017

TomB

• Sand Dab
  • View Profile
Hey TreeDoc,

I will keep that in mind. I didn't  have a fair chance the other day and want to try there again. My Ford F150 demands about 50.00 to 60.00$ of gas to make the trip. This alone limits my number of excursions. Plus it is a long ride alone
My normal fishing buddy works for corrections and was going to get a yak but has GAF problems (she thinks she is a WAF) plus back problems so there fore no yak yet. I need to check on camgrounds availability now that school is in maybe it is better. I have a cabover camper for my PU and a trailer for the yak.
I think this post is a good example of thread drift, Sorry.

TomB

anything