Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 04:57:05 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[Today at 04:39:50 PM]

[Today at 04:07:02 PM]

[Today at 01:20:14 PM]

[Today at 10:36:10 AM]

[Today at 09:23:34 AM]

[Today at 12:06:38 AM]

[April 22, 2024, 07:49:41 PM]

[April 22, 2024, 06:24:32 PM]

[April 21, 2024, 05:23:36 PM]

[April 21, 2024, 04:53:56 PM]

[April 21, 2024, 09:45:43 AM]

[April 20, 2024, 08:27:22 PM]

[April 20, 2024, 07:28:42 PM]

Support NCKA

Support the site by making a donation.

Topic: Lifetime Licenses for a 3-Year-Old  (Read 935 times)

Hojoman

• Manatee
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Feb 2007
February 23, 2017

Question: I just purchased a lifetime fishing license for my 3-year-old son and would like to purchase his lifetime hunting license as well. Do I have to wait until he is old enough to take and pass his hunters safety class first? (Anxious dad)

Answer: Great question! You will be able to purchase the lifetime hunting license now to lock in the price but he will not be able to use it until he completes his hunter safety class. Once you buy the license, our License and Revenue Branch will send you confirmation of your purchase. After your son takes the class (usually at nine years or older) and gives us the certificate showing that he has passed his test, like magic, his profile will show that he has an active lifetime hunting license and he will be able to use it.

Likewise, his lifetime fishing license may not show up in his profile until he turns 16 (when he will need to have a fishing license to fish). If you bought one of the add-on packages that include fishing report cards, he will have access to those before his 16th birthday because the report cards are necessary for anglers of all ages.

Good luck and I hope you have many happy years of hunting and fishing with your son!

crash

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Dec 2007

Likewise, his lifetime fishing license may not show up in his profile until he turns 16 (when he will need to have a fishing license to fish).

I'd bet a dollar to a doughnut that the age will be younger than 16 by the time that kid is 16.  There's been a lot of talk of a jr license that will be cheap, required younger, and go through at least age 18.  Which I think is a great idea.  My 12 year old has a combined hunting and fishing license in Oregon for $10.  California should do that.
"SCIENCE SUCKS" - bmb

Hojoman

• Manatee
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Feb 2007
Why not wait until the kid is 9 years old before paying all that money, for fishing and hunting, to wait until age 16 to use?

NowhereMan

• Manatee
  • 44.5"/38.5#
  • View Profile YouTube Channel
  • Date Registered: Aug 2011
Why not wait until the kid is 9 years old before paying all that money, for fishing and hunting, to wait until age 16 to use?

Prolly concerned that the price will go up.
Please don't spoil my day, I'm miles away...

Dale L

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Dec 2005
Better keep the receipt, digital or not I can't believe that the state will keep that data safe and on course for 6-13 years, before it's needed.

DG

• Sea Lion
  • First joined in 2013
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Feb 2014
Better keep the receipt, digital or not I can't believe that the state will keep that data safe and on course for 6-13 years, before it's needed.
I was thinking the same thing.  I really want to purchase my grandkids lifetime licenses.  But I am not even sure we will be allowed to fish by the time they are supposed to buy licenses. 
-----------------------------------
NorCAL HOW Volunteer

2018 NCKA - DOTY Committee Member

2017 DOTY 2 biggest fish awards
2016 DOTY 2nd place / 4 biggest fish awards
2016 Triton X - 2nd place
2016 Triton Open - Biggest Lingcod
2014 DOTY - 1 biggest fish award

Azkikr

• Salmon
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Oct 2017
Same here for my daughter

Edlovestofish

• Salmon
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Mar 2016
Thanks for the question I have a 4 year old and was Curious about that myself. Personally I think it’s a good play think of all the money I’ve spent in 20 years of buying fishing and hunting licenses I would’ve saved a fortune if somebody would’ve got me one.

DrHabanero

• Sea Lion
  • BigLipRipper
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jun 2006
You definiely want to buy these before they turn 10 because price goes up. It's always going up anyways even for us!
I'll rest when I'm dead!
2016 Ocean Kayak Predator
2014 Malibu X-Factor ,2014 Malibu Mini-X
2010 Malibu X-Factor ,2006  Ocean Kayak Drifter 
2011 Yakhopper Ocean Kayak Trident 4.7   Winner!
GS4 - 4th place

anything