Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 03:46:16 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[Today at 01:58:19 AM]

[Today at 12:32:58 AM]

[April 15, 2024, 10:38:53 PM]

[April 15, 2024, 10:36:10 PM]

[April 15, 2024, 10:28:01 PM]

[April 15, 2024, 09:35:28 PM]

[April 15, 2024, 09:34:00 PM]

[April 15, 2024, 07:44:11 PM]

[April 15, 2024, 04:54:29 PM]

[April 15, 2024, 01:54:14 PM]

[April 15, 2024, 11:53:02 AM]

[April 15, 2024, 11:47:27 AM]

[April 15, 2024, 10:36:28 AM]

[April 15, 2024, 10:19:30 AM]

[April 14, 2024, 09:28:20 PM]

[April 14, 2024, 11:07:25 AM]

[April 14, 2024, 07:39:42 AM]

[April 13, 2024, 05:09:58 PM]

[April 13, 2024, 11:43:58 AM]

[April 12, 2024, 10:13:23 PM]

[April 12, 2024, 10:01:01 PM]

Support NCKA

Support the site by making a donation.

Topic: Port of Sacramento - Washington Lake - Barge Access  (Read 34208 times)

Mr.Matt

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: May 2005
Steve you gave away all the secrets!

Great write up as usual!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Matt

SacJack

• Salmon
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Mar 2012
Great post, where do people typically fish for steelhead and sturgeon? I'm assuming I can find steelhead by the locks during winter time?
-Jack

AnglingWes

• Salmon
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Sep 2011
Great post, where do people typically fish for steelhead and sturgeon? I'm assuming I can find steelhead by the locks during winter time?

Sturgeon are fairly common in the Port and DWC, but I've never heard or seen steelies being caught out there.   I'm sure there are a few that turn into the DWC instead of following the Sac to the AR and Feather, but I don't think it's common.

SacJack

• Salmon
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Mar 2012

Sturgeon are fairly common in the Port and DWC, but I've never heard or seen steelies being caught out there.   I'm sure there are a few that turn into the DWC instead of following the Sac to the AR and Feather, but I don't think it's common.

Thanks, any tip on where exactly I should be targeting them? I'm new to sturgeon fishing and would like to give it a shot. Hopefully someone decide to go target them so I can tag along  :smt003. Not ready for the fast currents yet.
-Jack

AnchorPoint

• Sand Dab
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Oct 2012
Great report.  I fished the Port last week for first time and aimlessly wandered around.  Now I can relate to places in your report, and expect to have a lot of hook-ups next time out there.
R-pod

TheDudeAbides

• El Duderino
  • Salmon
  • When there is no pebble tossed, nor wind to blow
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jul 2012
Hey Steve, is the Port worth fishing when there is any kind of weather? I have a week off, a new (to me) Tarpon160, and plenty of rain gear from my duck hunting days, I'm dying to get out there but not sure if it is worth it?
Let me explain something to you. Um, I am not "Mr. Lebowski". You're Mr. Lebowski. I'm the Dude. So that's what you call me. You know, that or, uh, His Dudeness, or uh, Duder, or El Duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing.

ohhhgeee

• Salmon
  • View Profile
What days you thinking of going. I'm off for 16 days and thinking of going out rain or shine.
Native Manta Ray Propel

Weimarian

• Sea Lion
  • The fish, I hear them! work can wait! let's go!
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Mar 2011
Rain or shine fish are there... Look at Steve's picture that says drop off fish along shore opposite the docks close in to shore right along that line in the picture. That is where I got ALL my fish to win the tournament :smt003 If water is running in from banks drift/drop shot, Night crawlers with scent on them @ 10-15ft or minnows also sprayed with something oily and smelly @15-25ft... Fish are waiting for food to wash in... Fish are moving around to find bait so stay still or drift a 15-20 foot stretch over and over so scent attracts them and minnows movements get them to chomp!!!! Good luck and post if you go... I might fly down too! I Love the port and after we cleaned it up it looks better :smt007

« Last Edit: December 20, 2012, 04:33:28 PM by Weimarian »
Come on out! It's time to play. It's time for TROUT Bass and STRIPER. Let go of the hand brake!

TheDudeAbides

• El Duderino
  • Salmon
  • View Profile
What days you thinking of going. I'm off for 16 days and thinking of going out rain or shine.

I'm thinking either Sat or Sun FOR SURE, depending on which day forecasts better, then 2-3 more times that week, bitch is Chirstmas looks like best weather (my wife would end me if I went fishing on Christmas...)

Hey Wiemar! Got my bucket-lid at Walmart last night! (And a Tarpon160) lookin fwd to picking your brain for some more tips!
Let me explain something to you. Um, I am not "Mr. Lebowski". You're Mr. Lebowski. I'm the Dude. So that's what you call me. You know, that or, uh, His Dudeness, or uh, Duder, or El Duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing.

Weimarian

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
Awesome!!! Costco, sams, and bakeries have the 2.5 gall buckets that fit into the milk crates like mine. PVC pipe for pole holders... SOOOO many toys to bolt on :smt044 :smt044 :smt044
Come on out! It's time to play. It's time for TROUT Bass and STRIPER. Let go of the hand brake!

TheDudeAbides

• El Duderino
  • Salmon
  • View Profile
Hmmm, just noticed it's a 3.5g bucket not a 2.5.... Have to test it with the milk crate. Oh well worst case my truck needs a bath, bucket will work for that!

ohhhgeee

• Salmon
  • View Profile
You can get free buckets at Costco?
Native Manta Ray Propel

Weimarian

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
Went last night and they are recieving everything in pouches now... no more buckets at cosco roseville... bakerys might still be a good bet.

Abdiver

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Mar 2007
Went last night and they are recieving everything in pouches now... no more buckets at cosco roseville... bakerys might still be a good bet.
You guys want buckets try Taps Plastic they are pretty cheap. 2-5 gallon with lids

http://www.tapplastics.com/product/plastics/plastic_containers/plastic_buckets_and_lids/197
Ocean Kayak Pro Staff
Johnson Outdoors

TheDudeAbides

• El Duderino
  • Salmon
  • View Profile
You guys want buckets try Taps Plastic they are pretty cheap. 2-5 gallon with lids

That is the one I bought, and unfortunately it is a 3.5g, and the handle doesn't fit inside a milkcrate...

anything