Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 02:14:15 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[March 27, 2024, 11:13:05 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 10:53:01 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 08:00:55 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 07:25:42 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 07:05:39 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 04:18:57 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 12:35:34 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 11:18:23 AM]

[March 26, 2024, 07:45:07 PM]

[March 26, 2024, 06:19:03 PM]

[March 26, 2024, 05:47:06 PM]

[March 25, 2024, 07:10:08 PM]

[March 25, 2024, 03:17:35 PM]

Support NCKA

Support the site by making a donation.

Topic: Hobie Livewell V2  (Read 4741 times)

JamesM

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: May 2016
You can put it together in a day. The lengthy portion of the build is waiting/sourcing out the parts. I can send you a list of the parts I used if you want to tackle it on your own.

If you don't mind, I would love to take a look at the list. Much appreciated!  :smt001
2020 Hobie Outback (sold)
2018 Hobie Oasis (sold)
2017 Hobie Outback
2016 Hobie AI
2016 Hobie Outfitter (sold)
2014 Hobie AI (sold)

Fish67

• Salmon
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: May 2017
You can put it together in a day. The lengthy portion of the build is waiting/sourcing out the parts. I can send you a list of the parts I used if you want to tackle it on your own.

If you don't mind, I would love to take a look at the list. Much appreciated!  :smt001
Not at all brother! Will put the list together later and send it.

JamesM

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: May 2016

Not at all brother! Will put the list together later and send it.

You are awesome! Thank you!
2020 Hobie Outback (sold)
2018 Hobie Oasis (sold)
2017 Hobie Outback
2016 Hobie AI
2016 Hobie Outfitter (sold)
2014 Hobie AI (sold)

NowhereMan

• Manatee
  • 44.5"/38.5#
  • View Profile YouTube Channel
  • Date Registered: Aug 2011
Anyone know when is the new Hobie Livewell V2 coming out? ...

At $365, that thing is freakishly expensive, even by Hobie standards. For now at least, I'll stay with my $3 bait tube, but the DIY option is tempting...
Born in Arizona
Moved to Babylonia
Got a condo made of stone-a

SlackedTide

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: May 2014
Anyone know when is the new Hobie Livewell V2 coming out? ...

At $365, that thing is freakishly expensive, even by Hobie standards. For now at least, I'll stay with my $3 bait tube, but the DIY option is tempting...
I'll do a parts list and short write up once I'm done with mine.
2014 Hobie Revo 13
2011 Hobie Outback - bye bye
1997 Tracker 17 Deep V<--- Money Pit

When you look outside the window, and all you see is fishing. True Story.

SmokeOnTheWater

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Dec 2011
The v2 version looks sweet, but IÂÂÂ’m a cheap bastard. IÂÂÂ’ÂÂ’m currently making my own. Got the idea from several sources on YouTube, mainly from halibu77.

I usually spend the same amount or more when I try to make my own.  :smt013 But yeah, Rudy's channel is great! Post a picture when you are done.  :smt001

Making my own also @ 1/4 the cost.....maybe even less.
Yep. What container did you end up with?
http://www.plastic-mart.com/product/2465/5-gallon-rectangle-flat-bottom-tank-sp0005-rt

D.C. 12v submersible water pump, 9ah sla battery wired in DC voltage regulator  enclosed in a waterproof box with a marine grade toggle switch on top. Reason for the voltage regulator is to control the pump speed and extend battery on the water.
Nice! You took it a step further with the wiring. I just ended up getting a 6v 12amp hour. This is my live well. Not complete, but the overall look will not change.

Have you tested it out with the pump that high?  Last time I saw a build with the pump higher up like that, it didn't work out too well but your design is slightly different however.  Looks good though.
If you ain't first, you're last.

Fish67

• Salmon
  • View Profile
The v2 version looks sweet, but IÂÂÂÂ’m a cheap bastard. IÂÂÂÂ’ÂÂÂ’m currently making my own. Got the idea from several sources on YouTube, mainly from halibu77.

I usually spend the same amount or more when I try to make my own.  :smt013 But yeah, Rudy's channel is great! Post a picture when you are done.  :smt001

Making my own also @ 1/4 the cost.....maybe even less.
Yep. What container did you end up with?
http://www.plastic-mart.com/product/2465/5-gallon-rectangle-flat-bottom-tank-sp0005-rt

D.C. 12v submersible water pump, 9ah sla battery wired in DC voltage regulator  enclosed in a waterproof box with a marine grade toggle switch on top. Reason for the voltage regulator is to control the pump speed and extend battery on the water.
Nice! You took it a step further with the wiring. I just ended up getting a 6v 12amp hour. This is my live well. Not complete, but the overall look will not change.

Have you tested it out with the pump that high?  Last time I saw a build with the pump higher up like that, it didn't work out too well but your design is slightly different however.  Looks good though.
I have not, but it is one of my concerns. With the check valve in place I can set it a bit lower, but not much. I would have to remove the check valve to get it to sit on top of the yak. I added the check valve to keep the flow of water in one direction and to help prime the water to the pump. Hoping to test it next week.

Sin Coast

• AOTY committee
  • Global Moderator
  • Pat Kuhl
  • View Profile Turf Image
  • Date Registered: Jul 2006
It should work if you prime it with the bulb first, since you already have a check valve inline.

I have gone through a few different phases of wanting a livebait tank...built the traditional dog-food container style in 2010? then sold it because I hated the extra weight, noise, and lack of tankwell room. Then built a nice one inside the tankwell of an OK Ultra 4.7 which was pretty slick. But I hardly ever used it, then sold the kayak. The bait tube is the best option for me, and my style of fishing.
Photobucket Sucks!

Team A-Hulls

~old enough to know better, young enough to not care~

GuihanHunter

• Salmon
  • View Profile
This is what I been working on for my PA12 got these 5 Gallon water jugs at work. Bout $50 in parts total.
2020 Hobie Compass Camo Edition
Instagram @guihanhunter
YouTube @guihanhunter

Eddie

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Mar 2016
This is what I been working on for my PA12 got these 5 Gallon water jugs at work. Bout $50 in parts total.
Looks clean...
“I’m going fishing.”  They said, “we will go with you.” 
John 21:3

Stealth Pro Fisha 475
Jackson Kraken 15
Native Manta Ray 12.5
Werner Cyprus 220cm

TrialandError

• Sand Dab
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Mar 2018

Fish67

• Salmon
  • View Profile
Reporting back to this thread. IÂ’ve put some hours on the water with my diy live well, and have changed the configuration. The new configuration works well and keeps my bait alive.

The aerator pump now sits on top of the yak, through the scupper hole. This allows me to prime the aerator pump easier, and the pump is detachable for storage. The live well also sits perfectly centered as well.

GuihanHunter

• Salmon
  • View Profile
Nice! I too changed the the config on mine and put the pump exactly where you put yours for easier priming.
2020 Hobie Compass Camo Edition
Instagram @guihanhunter
YouTube @guihanhunter

Fish67

• Salmon
  • View Profile
Nice! I too changed the the config on mine and put the pump exactly where you put yours for easier priming.
Yep, even after it was primed, the pump had a hard time pushing the water up. I’m also using a 6v battery so it’s slow. The other issue I forgot to mention is the pumps propeller rode up and stopped pumping. Had to pull it down and a dab of super glue to keep it in place.

anything