Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 02:00:34 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[Today at 01:13:46 PM]

[Today at 11:50:57 AM]

[Today at 11:49:33 AM]

[Today at 11:22:14 AM]

[Today at 11:08:39 AM]

[March 27, 2024, 07:25:42 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 07:05:39 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 12:35:34 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 11:18:23 AM]

[March 26, 2024, 07:45:07 PM]

[March 26, 2024, 06:19:03 PM]

[March 26, 2024, 05:47:06 PM]

Support NCKA

Support the site by making a donation.

Topic: 2016 PIF updates...  (Read 5197 times)

BigJim

• A-Hull
  • Manatee
  • No white flags.
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jun 2009
There has been some action in the past month that we wanted to share with you all...

1. The GSX raffle brought in $2,908 in cash for PIF! HUGE thanks to LoletaEric, the sponsors who donated prizes, the people who helped sell tix, setup/breakdown, count $, bought tickets etc.  :smt008 CenCoast has this $2,908 and will be transferring it into the PIF PayPal soon.

2. LapuLapu donated the Malibu X-13 he won at GSX to PIF!!! We are planning on doing an online raffle for this kayak at a date TBD. We already have a grandprize SantaCruz kayak for the PIF paddle/raffle event on 7/16 and want that to be the center of attention so are not planning on including the Malibu with the actual PIF event. We will post details of the raffle for the X-13 when we are ready to go live with the raffle.

http://www.kayakfishingmagazine.net/malibu-kayaks/957-malibu-kayaks-x-13.html

3. As some of you may know, NCKA member The Spaniard's three year old nephew Frankie is battling Brain Cancer and just started chemo yesterday.

On May 9th my world was completely turned upside down. Frankie had a mild seizure at daycare and I was called to come get him. Two ambulance rides later and a preliminary scan which simply said he had a mass on his brain was enough to ruin us.

Now, three weeks later he’s shown that he can make it through a nine hour surgery with no problem and be back to himself in four days. I’m holding this speedy recovery as fact and remembering to keep it as my mantra as we step into another phase. The doctors had hoped the tumor was benign and would be cured with surgery but that doesn’t seem to be in our cards. He’s going to be treated for ATRT cancer and it’s going to be rough.

We are looking at seven months of chemo and radiation with a stem cell rescue involved (the chemo is so intense that he needs his own harvested stem cells to save him).

Frankie will start an aggressive treatment in two weeks. Kate and Matt will not leave his side through this process. That is why Frankie needs our community to give them the ability to stay by his side while he goes through the fight of his life.

We have pulled out $2,500 from the PIF PayPal account and are working to get it over to Frankie's family. I tried to donate it via their fundraising website but couldn't make it work so have requested an address of where I can send a check.

4. I received a PM yesterday from a long time NCKA member who has had a family medical emergency that he does not want made public and the A-Hulls unanimously agreed to help him out with the $5,000 that he requested.

I know this seems like we are being less transparent than usual in terms of where the PIF $ is going, but there is a very good reason for it...we discussed the matter at length and felt that given the circumstances and details of this emergency it was important to honor the member's wishes and their desire for privacy...

Please believe me when I say that we closely evaluate each and every request for PIF $$, and do not take the decision to donate or not lightly...

There are more details about how we determine where to donate PIF monies posted here:

http://www.norcalkayakanglers.com/index.php?topic=64354.0

5. I have attached a screenshot of the current PIF PayPal balance (showing the two recent withdrawals of $2,500 and $5,000, and one of the PIF Checking account balance showing the $2,500 waiting to be sent to little Frankie. You can also see in the Checking account screenshot the check for $3,000 that was sent earlier this year to MontanaN8V.

Some things to keep in mind when looking at the PayPal balance...

It shows a balance of $4,601. We also have the $2,908 from GSX to deposit in there so the balance is actually $7,509. ~$1,500 of this $ is earmarked for AOTY/DOTY prizes (AOTY and DOTY reg fees are also deposited into this account and have been going to PIF once prize plaques etc are secured), so the actual current PIF balance is $6,009.

6. The actual PIF paddle/raffle is a month away!!! Details of the awesome grandprize Santa Cruz kayak and link to buy pre-event tickets are on this thread here:

http://www.norcalkayakanglers.com/index.php?topic=71784.0

Hope all of the above makes sense to people, and is inline with what the community feels we should be doing with the PIF $ raised.

THANK YOU!!!

:smt006

Sincerely,

Jim

~GS4  2010-1st~
~DOTY 2013-1st~
~T2B2 2015-1st~
*DOTY: 2012-5th~2014-5th~2015-4th~2016-7th~2017-4th~2018-5th~2019-5th~2020-2nd*

VK

Good stuff Jim , thanks to all that donate and those that decide ...good thoughts and vibes to those in need for healthy speedy recoveries and courage, strength and peace of mind to help them through it all.

Lost_Anchovy

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile The Lost Anchovy
  • Date Registered: Mar 2008
Thanks for the transparency Jim. My thoughts and prayers, for strength and endurance, for all those that go through cancer, and i'm proud of what this organization stands for. Thanks for all those who put their time and energies to volunteering -- you guys rock!  :thumbsup:
www.Thelostanchovy.com
Kayak Adventures, blog and tutorials

Winner - 2014 Kayak Connection Derby
2nd -2103 MBK Tournament

snapperhead

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jun 2006
Thanks for the transparency Jim. My thoughts and prayers, for strength and endurance, for all those that go through cancer, and i'm proud of what this organization stands for. Thanks for all those who put their time and energies to volunteering -- you guys rock!  :thumbsup:

+1 Although rowdy as hell, the A-Hulls can be counted on to do the right thing :smt008. Jim, thanks for all your extra efforts. I'm always glad to donate, especially when a raffle is involved :smt003
"Life is like a school of rockfish, you never know what you're gonna get"

kayakjack

• Sea Lion
  • kayakjack
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Apr 2007
Thank you guys. Little Frankie is in a struggle for his life and the family greatly needed and appreciates every penny.

Fish Master1

• If it bleeds I can kill it.
  • Manatee
  • A-Hull Muggle
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jan 2008
I'm honered to be part of such a wonderfull group! The A-Hulls AND NCKA!
..........Sincerly A-Hull Muggle.

VK

Looking forward to PIF in July ..I'm gonna give them a sloppy wet kiss ..specially that hot big stud muffin Andy  :smt044 :smt005 :smt003 :smt006

Weimarian

• Sea Lion
  • The fish, I hear them! work can wait! let's go!
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Mar 2011
Never even a Question about what you do with the $$$.... Even though I don't have a lot of $$$ to donate, I save it all for PIF and help where I can.  :smt007
Come on out! It's time to play. It's time for TROUT Bass and STRIPER. Let go of the hand brake!

rockfish

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jul 2006
Way to go guys, the generosity of our family always makes me super proud to know you all!
Less Mental than before, Still savage AF tho <3

IG: she_savagly_gardens

e2g

• Sea Lion
  • 53 lb seabass
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jul 2006
I would trust my life to any of the a hulls. Well maybe not Andy  :smt002
Winner 2011 MBK Derby
Winner 2009 Fishermans Warehouse Santa Cruz Tournament
Winner 2008 MBK Derby

piski

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jan 2008

Yep. Even Andy depending what time of day it is.  :smt004
Catch & Repeat

Sailfish

• Manatee
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Sep 2006

Yep. Even Andy depending what time of day it is.  :smt004

:smt044  Come on guys...give Andy a break  :smt003
"Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass...it's about learning how to dance in the rain."

MontanaN8V

• I swear it was this big!
  • Sea Lion
  • It's BANG TIME!!
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Mar 2009
I hate to hear about tragedies, but I do know, financial burdens can devastate you when everything else is falling apart. I pray that the funds not only help them through the most trying and difficult time of their battle, so they can focus on treatment and getting loved ones healthy. Nothing like the feeling of helpless/hopeless when in those situations. If there is anything I can do, please reach out.
Live your life, the way you want to be remembered. Don't have any regrets, we only get this one dance to make it count. Start at your eulogy, and work backwards.

BigJim

• A-Hull
  • Manatee
  • No white flags.
  • View Profile
Just an update...

The GSX Raffle $$ has posted in the PIF PayPal account, we have got some PIF Pre-event ticket sale $$, and the current balance is $7,741.

~$1,500 of that is earmarked for AOTY/DOTY prizes so the actual PIF balance is currently $6,241.

:smt006

Sincerely,

Jim

ps...I mailed Frankie's Mom the check for $2,500 but it has not been cashed yet. I will follow up in awhile with the Spaniard if it does not get cashed just to make sure she got it.  :smt001

~GS4  2010-1st~
~DOTY 2013-1st~
~T2B2 2015-1st~

BigJim

• A-Hull
  • Manatee
  • No white flags.
  • View Profile
Just an update that the check for $2,500 that we mailed out to Frankie's mom arrived and has been cashed.

Thanks again for allowing us to support Frankie and his family in their time of need...

:smt008

Sincerely,

Jim

ps...if anyone wonders what the check/cash deposits are into the checking account that you can see in the screenshot...those are from NCKA members who don't like using PayPal and mail me checks for AOTY reg fees or a $20 bill for a raffle ticket etc...all the other cash/checks we get at events we transfer over into the main PayPal account to keep it safe and sound.  :smt001
« Last Edit: July 08, 2016, 01:04:37 PM by BigJim »

~GS4  2010-1st~
~DOTY 2013-1st~
~T2B2 2015-1st~