Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 01:59:52 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[Today at 01:13:46 PM]

[Today at 11:50:57 AM]

[Today at 11:49:33 AM]

[Today at 11:22:14 AM]

[Today at 11:08:39 AM]

[March 27, 2024, 07:25:42 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 07:05:39 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 12:35:34 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 11:18:23 AM]

[March 26, 2024, 07:45:07 PM]

[March 26, 2024, 06:19:03 PM]

[March 26, 2024, 05:47:06 PM]

Support NCKA

Support the site by making a donation.

Topic: Wanted: My first Fishing Kayak $350-$600  (Read 4406 times)

fishkraft

• Come to the "light".
  • Sea Lion
  • Stealth, Ducati and Lotus, light makes right.
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jun 2010
Steph, call John at adventure sports aka kayakcity.com he's got a new store in Oakley or Brentwood (can't remember which). I bought a new T13 Angler from him a few weeks ago. Nobody could touch his price. He threw in a paddle and leash, I'm very happy with the deal I got!

Good luck on your purchase, Ruben
Stealth Kayaks Pro Staff

StephKillsit

• Sea Lion
  • Not yakin just yet but I still yak in other ways!
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: May 2011
Thanks Naoaki and Fishkraft for your input.  I have been to the kayak place in Oakley to test out the Hobies at thats where I really wanted one. Actually I ended up with my first Kayak today, and man am i real happy right now, I couldn't stop grinning on the way there and laughing on the way back home! I got a 2008 Hobie Outback, it was posted on craigslist this morning and I jumped on it. Thing is its a pretty heavy Kayak for little me so im going to really have to get on getting some wheels and a strategy of loading and unloading that big boy lol. Any tips on that will help too. This is all still new to me. Next i need a pdf, fishing finder, and gps. then ill be set.
2012 Hobie Revo 13
Intex Seahawk 2

Thank you all for your support!! I’m so glad to still be ALIVE!! Weather on land or water I LOVE YOU ALL!!

FishingForTheCure

• "I'm going to make dinner because my colors taste like hungry"
  • Manatee
  • LOWRANCE & SIMRAD PRO STAFF
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Apr 2010
Might check with 'Joey' and see if he still has his yak for sale.  It's gote some built in Mojo recently with a Black Sea Bass hookup.

mendohead

• Sea Lion
  • 27.3 Lb 39" Santa Cruz, Ca. Butt on "Old Blue"
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Dec 2004
Hi Yakers:

I'm 5'-5" and the Scupper Pro isn't the bad to port I made a shoulder strap for short hauls like Santa Cruz  with, clips for the Bow and Transom.
 How you rig it add the weight! :smt044  Sand Wheels helps for Davenport and Monterey
                                                                                                                          Just my spin :smt002
                                                                                                                          Ernie

FW 2009 RF Derby King Davenport, Ca.

atavuss

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jul 2009
Steph, Congrats on your OB!
Check out the Hullavator from Thule:

Fishing is cheaper than therapy!

anything