Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 02:15:10 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[March 28, 2024, 11:47:21 PM]

[March 28, 2024, 11:34:08 PM]

[March 28, 2024, 09:44:18 PM]

[March 28, 2024, 09:12:36 PM]

[March 28, 2024, 07:11:09 PM]

[March 28, 2024, 01:13:46 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 07:25:42 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 07:05:39 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 12:35:34 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 11:18:23 AM]

[March 26, 2024, 07:45:07 PM]

[March 26, 2024, 06:19:03 PM]

[March 26, 2024, 05:47:06 PM]

Support NCKA

Support the site by making a donation.

Topic: wanted used fishing kayak under $300.00 bucks :fishing2  (Read 6117 times)

CatchBackBreaker

• Sand Dab
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jun 2007
wanted fishing kayak under $300.00 bucks :fishing2 No wifebeater kayaks please!!!!
« Last Edit: July 15, 2007, 01:04:03 AM by CatchBackBreaker »

Sailfish

• Manatee
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Sep 2006
Hi CatchBackBreaker,

I have an Ocean Kayak "Scrambler" that been modified to fishing kayak that you can have for $250 if you want it.  Below is the link for a picture of this yak (next to my Mini-X):
http://kfs.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7966050875/m/9431095942
Since then I've added 2 flush rod holders behind the seat, a utility bar up front for the Scotty rod holder/fish finder, and 2 round hatches (8" and 6").
I've orderred a Hobie Mirrage from KFS which should arrive this week.  That's one of the reason I'm considering selling this one.

Sailfish

"Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass...it's about learning how to dance in the rain."

ChuckE

• Global Moderator
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Dec 2004
That's a sweet deal from Sailfish.  I'd jump on it!
Winner - 2018 ARW Halibut Handline Derby
Winner - 2013 Doran Beach Crabfest
2nd Place - 2012 Alameda Rockwall Halibut Derby
Winner (Biggest Rock Crab) - 2010 Half Moon Bay Crabfest
Winner - 2009 Alameda Rockwall Halibut Derby
Winner - 2009 Paradise Halibut Hunt
Winner - 2007 NCKA Angler of the Year
Winner "Grand Slam" - 2007 Bendo @ Mendo III
2nd Place - 2007 Monterey Bay Kayak Fishing Derby
Winner - 2004 Santa Cruz Kayak Fishing Derby

Sailfish

• Manatee
  • View Profile
Hi mendohead,

Since I responsed to CatchBackBreaker on his thread, I think it's fair to give him the first crack.  If there's no response from him by the end of today then we'll talk tomorrow.  I'm also a diver and surely can use some of your stuffs on the list.
"Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass...it's about learning how to dance in the rain."

Sailfish

• Manatee
  • View Profile
Hi mendohead,

CatchBackBreaker contacted me and he'll take a look at the kayak tonight.  I'll let you know if he decide to take it or not.  If not then we'll discuss the trade tomorrow.

Sailfish

Sailfish

• Manatee
  • View Profile
Hi CatchBackBreaker:
               If you pickup the Scrambler, I have a hardback Shell made for the Scramblers. It gives Max. Back support and, lays flat while Diving.
               What is a wifeBeater Yak?
                                                                                                                    Ernie

Hi mendohead,

CatchBackBreaker picked-up my Scrambler kayak last night, it came with a back support already but who knows?   My guess a "wifeBeater Yak" is an old and ugly yak that your wife will "beat" you for bringing it home!   :smt003

Sailfish

Sailfish

• Manatee
  • View Profile
Hi Sailfish:

It was a good deal. I had 6 while living in Albion for my family to use at VanDamm For Abs (Little River), Big River(Mendocino) and The Flats (Albion). The Scrambler not the fastest but, a great stable platform.
           I should check the broard more often but, I have been in Atlanta GA.
                                                                                                                              Ernie

Hi mendo head,

Yeah, I used to use it for ab dive in Mendocino and scuba dive in Monterey.  Last year I modified it for fishing until picked-up the Mini-X which fits nicely inside my Tacoma truck.  I'm still interested in you Scuba gears, may be we can arrange a meeting so I can try-on your stuffs and we can make a deal.

Sailfish

bajareefer

• Salmon
  • big sur ling 07/29/09
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jul 2007
Hey guys,
 So what happened? Is there a kayak for sale here somewhere? I just sold an old Royak and am looking for one from the 21st century.
 Steve
Cortez Marine....
Marinelife consultant

Sailfish

• Manatee
  • View Profile
Hey guys,
 So what happened? Is there a kayak for sale here somewhere? I just sold an old Royak and am looking for one from the 21st century.
 Steve

Hi Steve,

This kayak had been sold to CatchBackBreaker already as mentioned in earlier posts.

Sonny

anything