Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 12:53:14 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[Today at 12:40:57 PM]

[Today at 12:26:39 PM]

[Today at 12:23:11 PM]

[Today at 12:09:28 PM]

[Today at 10:38:26 AM]

[Today at 08:08:50 AM]

[April 18, 2024, 10:26:01 PM]

[April 18, 2024, 07:53:15 PM]

by jp52
[April 18, 2024, 02:25:47 PM]

[April 18, 2024, 02:15:59 PM]

[April 18, 2024, 01:10:11 PM]

[April 18, 2024, 11:10:06 AM]

[April 18, 2024, 09:46:32 AM]

[April 18, 2024, 09:43:09 AM]

[April 18, 2024, 09:32:03 AM]

[April 18, 2024, 06:51:56 AM]

[April 17, 2024, 07:24:10 PM]

[April 17, 2024, 06:09:58 PM]

by Clb
[April 17, 2024, 05:19:05 PM]

[April 16, 2024, 09:41:56 PM]

[April 16, 2024, 05:41:52 PM]

[April 16, 2024, 04:34:12 PM]

[April 16, 2024, 04:12:33 PM]

[April 16, 2024, 03:10:47 PM]

[April 16, 2024, 02:05:51 PM]

[April 16, 2024, 01:19:27 PM]

Support NCKA

Support the site by making a donation.

Topic: First photos of Eddylines new Ultra Light sit on top.  (Read 12535 times)

Paddleboy84

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile Headwaters Kayak Shop
  • Date Registered: Mar 2011
Just off the phone with Tom Derrer, owner of Eddyline Kayaks, and he gave me the go ahead to share some photos of their new Sit on Top. This design has been tweaked and reworked a number of times until they finally came up with a kayak that was stable, fishable, and true to Eddylines heritage of speed and efficiency. These photos are computer drafts and it does not totally represent the finished product. Tom is open to feedback on the kayak if you have any suggestions. A few features not shown are the seat scupper tubes that allow water to drain from the seat without getting your butt wet, Sea to Summit seat, deck handles, foot braces, etc. These will be added to the finished product. The side handles are molded in and made from carbon. There is not a final weight on the kayak but they are expecting around 45-50 pounds. Also the Carbonlite material that the boat is made of, lends it self to Ram Suction mounts. The ultra smooth surface makes it perfect to stick ram mounts wherever you want on the kayak without drilling unnecessary holes. Also you will notice a flat rim around the cockpit, and down the center line that is wide enough to mount a scotty or ram base. All and all it seems like they have really thought outside the box on this one, and I can't wait to see the finished product. For now enjoy the photos and tell us what you think.
Headwaters Kayak Shop Lodi CA, ran by paddlers for paddlers
Headwater Fishing Team Member

http://headwatersfishing.blogspot.com/

Tote

• One life, right? Don't blow it.
  • Global Moderator
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jul 2005
How about some specs?
Length, width, weight, weight capacity.
I personally like a lot of pad eyes around the tank well.
Makes it easy to secure my gear with clips, tank straps, etc.
<=>

ex-kayaker

• mara pescador
  • Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Dec 2004
I see about a foot of extra space at the stern that could lend itself to lengthening the tankwell.  Helps with long fish or gear....freedive fins in particuklar.  A recessed area for a paddle keeper bungee like on a tarpon....OK really flubbed that one, theirs protrudes off the yak and have caused more than one rip in my wetsuit.  One last thing, its the age of the long center hatch/rod pod, they work, incorporate them!!
« Last Edit: August 12, 2011, 01:57:41 PM by agarcia »
..........agarcia is just an ex-kayaker

PISCEAN

• no kooks please!
  • Sea Lion
  • humming to the bear...
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jun 2005
How about some specs?

Yeah I'm curious about these as well. It looks kinda stubby in the computer pics. I'm a fan of the longer, narrower type o' boat (if you can call a T-140 long & narrow).

I used to paddle a smaller Eddyline on guided trips (maybe a raven or falcon or something). I liked it because it was so light & maneuverable. Their carbonlite stuff does make a nice boat.
pronounced "Pie-see-in"
"Every day is a fishing day, but not every day is a catching day"-Countryman
sponsored by: Piscean Artworks
Randomness rules the universe. Perseverance is the only path to success..but luck sometimes works too.

rockfish

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jul 2006
sweet!

?where and how do I mount my transducer?

jim
Less Mental than before, Still savage AF tho <3

IG: she_savagly_gardens

ravensblack

• Manatee
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Aug 2007
Eddylines quality and craftsmanship is top notch. The carbonlite material is so strong and light. Fantastic. Its just not good to drag across a rockfield though. Once OTW water this boat will be way faster than most sit on tops. Guaranteed. The Eddyline SIS models just jump at the first paddle stroke. One man started this company out and still presides over all production. Great story. I like the deeper rear well so as to keep the stuff in the back more low profile. Transducer in the hull Jim. Remember you are looking at a computer image. Nothings in stone. Send Eddlyline an E -mail if you have ideas
"I always entertain great hope" Robert Frost

Paddleboy84

• Sea Lion
Eddylines quality and craftsmanship is top notch. The carbonlite material is so strong and light. Fantastic. Its just not good to drag across a rockfield though. Once OTW water this boat will be way faster than most sit on tops. Guaranteed. The Eddyline SIS models just jump at the first paddle stroke. One man started this company out and still presides over all production. Great story. I like the deeper rear well so as to keep the stuff in the back more low profile. Transducer in the hull Jim. Remember you are looking at a computer image. Nothings in stone. Send Eddlyline an E -mail if you have ideas

Yay and Amen! Please send eddyline ideas if you have them. They will go strait to Tom who owns the company and he will take them serious. I will have more info tomorrow.

Fisherman X

• Sea Lion
  • Going to the ocean is going home
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Sep 2007
I'd like to see the bottom!  :smt002
-Success is living the life you want-
Joel ><>

Hammerhead avatar in memory of CdM

Paddleboy84

• Sea Lion
I'd like to see the bottom!  :smt002

I have some shots on my work computer, I will try and upload them tomorrow.

FishinJay

• Sunrise Prowler 15
  • Sea Lion
  • Indecision may, or may not, be my problem...
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Aug 2006
How about some specs?

+1, based on the pics it looks like it's ratio of length/width is less than what I'd like but it's tough to tell for sure. Personally I'd like to see something around 16' with a 28" beam.
Searching is half the fun: life is much more manageable when thought of as a scavenger hunt as opposed to a surprise party. -Jimmy Buffett

Paddleboy84

• Sea Lion
How about some specs?

+1, based on the pics it looks like it's ratio of length/width is less than what I'd like but it's tough to tell for sure. Personally I'd like to see something around 16' with a 28" beam.

Sorry for lagging on this guys. The length on this kayak is 12' and change, the width is 30"  He is talking about a second one that would be 14' by 28 or so. and trust me a 14' Eddyline will be faster than a 16' poly SOT. I will post up when I get the first one in for demo. Oh and Weight should be around 50 lbs depending if you get a rudder or not.

Weimarian

• Sea Lion
  • The fish, I hear them! work can wait! let's go!
  • View Profile
How about a hard mount pop in seat back... Like the old big wheel trikes had. Tarpons seat back is great but one that could be taken off or upgraded with built in rod holders, flag mount for diving ect... higher back, cushioned or not. Would make a lot of after sale upgrade, or up-sale opportunities to fit it to the buyers use. Pop in the fishing one for fishing, the high back lounger for chillin'. or the, well you get the idea... they would be the first to have something like this... you can forward this to eddyline if you want
Come on out! It's time to play. It's time for TROUT Bass and STRIPER. Let go of the hand brake!

PISCEAN

• no kooks please!
  • Sea Lion
  • humming to the bear...
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jun 2005

He is talking about a second one that would be 14' by 28 or so.

^ now we're talkin'. twelve feet is too short for my tastes, but a fourteen footer out of carbonlite would be suh-wheet!
pronounced "Pie-see-in"
"Every day is a fishing day, but not every day is a catching day"-Countryman
sponsored by: Piscean Artworks
Randomness rules the universe. Perseverance is the only path to success..but luck sometimes works too.

Paddleboy84

• Sea Lion
How about a hard mount pop in seat back... Like the old big wheel trikes had. Tarpons seat back is great but one that could be taken off or upgraded with built in rod holders, flag mount for diving ect... higher back, cushioned or not. Would make a lot of after sale upgrade, or up-sale opportunities to fit it to the buyers use. Pop in the fishing one for fishing, the high back lounger for chillin'. or the, well you get the idea... they would be the first to have something like this... you can forward this to eddyline if you want

Please do, Tom is very interested in designing new ideas, and making what the people want.

Paddleboy84

• Sea Lion
The finished product. Will have our first demo in 3 weeks max. I think Bigred has called dibs on the first demo ride.