Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 12:33:34 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[April 18, 2024, 10:26:01 PM]

[April 18, 2024, 09:39:34 PM]

[April 18, 2024, 07:53:15 PM]

[April 18, 2024, 06:54:40 PM]

by jp52
[April 18, 2024, 02:25:47 PM]

[April 18, 2024, 02:15:59 PM]

[April 18, 2024, 01:10:11 PM]

[April 18, 2024, 11:10:06 AM]

[April 18, 2024, 09:46:32 AM]

[April 18, 2024, 09:43:09 AM]

[April 18, 2024, 09:32:03 AM]

[April 18, 2024, 06:51:56 AM]

[April 17, 2024, 10:07:55 PM]

[April 17, 2024, 07:24:10 PM]

[April 17, 2024, 06:09:58 PM]

by Clb
[April 17, 2024, 05:19:05 PM]

[April 16, 2024, 09:41:56 PM]

[April 16, 2024, 05:41:52 PM]

[April 16, 2024, 04:34:12 PM]

[April 16, 2024, 04:12:33 PM]

[April 16, 2024, 03:10:47 PM]

[April 16, 2024, 02:05:51 PM]

[April 16, 2024, 01:19:27 PM]

[April 16, 2024, 09:43:54 AM]

[April 16, 2024, 09:22:18 AM]

[April 16, 2024, 12:32:58 AM]

[April 15, 2024, 10:38:53 PM]

[April 15, 2024, 10:28:01 PM]

Support NCKA

Support the site by making a donation.

Topic: ARW YAKHOPPER 6-13-2010  (Read 9088 times)

DaBlazer

• Salmon
  • East Bay Slayerz
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jan 2010
non yakfishing fotos IV
Shut up and FISH!
Have yak Will Travel
The best way to a fisherman's heart is through his fly.  ~Angler Unknown
Malibu X-Factor

finaegelin

• Salmon
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Apr 2007
Thanks Eric for another fine event scheduled for very fine weather. I especially appreciated the wonderful bay conditions as I arrived home to put everything away in 97 degrees!
My first-timer friend Dave had a good time and was impressed by the good-sized halibut from the bay. Sadly, all of them were on other people's lines. We got our exercise, though, paddling for 90 minutes against that killer incoming flow. It was shocking how fast we drifted back down the wall. Tried Crab Cove for some slower drifting, but no joy.
I did manage to avoid the skunk myself, with a sabiki at the tires. The classic AOTY shot below would be good for a few points if I was in it, I guess. Note the gaff required for landing...  :smt001
I especially enjoy learning from all the experienced hands at an event like this, so I will be sure to try the launch area next time in more gentle tides.

Bird

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: May 2006
Congrats to the winners!  Thanks for all the reports and pics folks, looks like everyone had a great time.

WTG Eric on putting on another cool event!

Congrats on the hail mary Craig - first the sturgeon and now the butt!  Looking forward to fishing with you!

Jedmo

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: May 2008
Another fun day on the water with some super cool folks of NCKA. Thanks Eric
for all your hard work putting such great event together for all of us to enjoy.
Congrats to all the winners. Glad to have met new folks that day FishAddict,
B.A. and DaBlazer. DaBlazer, thanks for the cold one bro.

I almost forgot my little glory to share. HobieDave and I decided to head
back on the water after the NCKA bonding. Thank God we did. After dropping
down my first shiner in the water, not even a minute, my line started peeling
then the clicker goes off. FISH ON!!!! She wasn't very big but hey, it was dinner. :smt001 Then we fished some more till the wind picked up and that was it. Time to head home. Thanks a bunch for the left over shiners Ernest.
I shared some of it to the others as well so none was wasted.

Jedmo
« Last Edit: June 14, 2010, 09:34:24 AM by jedmo »
1st place GS3 2009
7th place AOTY 2009

FisHunter

• SonomaCoastSafetySquad
  • Manatee
  • Mooch Taught Me How To Live Life
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Mar 2006
It was very nice to be a part of what happened yesterday. I want to thank Eric / yakhopper for organizing another EPIC get-together, getting a record number participants to show and contribute to the REAL_MLPA Fund.
Congrads to all of you who went out and braved the tough drift conditions and DOUBLE CONGRADS to those who Won,Placed&Showed. Proving once again that Halibut will bite on a flush tide. = and that Craig is a FishHookin'Machine. :smt003

A SPECIAL THANKS!! TO ALL OF THOSE WHO CONTRIBUTED INTO THE HAT.
LET'S KEEP THIS TYPE OF KINDNESS GOING

Grand Total from Yakhoppers' Alameda RockWall Tour is $976.oo!!
THANK YOU ALL ONCE AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!

Be Safe, Not Sorry = B'ropeUpFool!

Winner of nothing but goodtimes with good friends.

Sin Coast

• AOTY committee
  • Global Moderator
  • Pat Kuhl
  • View Profile Turf Image
  • Date Registered: Jul 2006
Thanks for creating & hosting such an incredible event, Yakhopper. Even though I wasn't there, I totally appreciate your efforts. You, sir, are an ambassador for our sport x10! 
Those are some quality size butts gentlemen. Nice work! And it's so cool to see the generosity displayed by Fishunter and everybody who contributed to the our MLPA. Thanks!
Photobucket Sucks!

Team A-Hulls

~old enough to know better, young enough to not care~

AlsHobieOutback

• - = Proud Member of Team A-HULLS! = -
  • Administrator
  • "I love it when a plan comes together!"
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Apr 2007
As others, I really enjoyed this (and all) FW Event!  Thanks to Eric for organizing and supplying the whole thing and providing us some much needed cold drinks and food after getting off the water!   :smt006

Thanks again to PORKY for getting the buttons together which went like hot cakes!  I'm going to need to place another order  :smt044

Great as ALWAYS to get together with this group of friends and have a fun day chilling!!!

Until Next Time Guys N Dolls!!!

THE PICS!
"A ship in harbor is safe, but that is not what ships are built for."

IG: alshobie

PISCEAN

• no kooks please!
  • Sea Lion
  • humming to the bear...
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jun 2005
awesome report, makin me smile!

My little 27"er wouldn't have placed, but I was with you all in spirit on the other side of the mountains!
pronounced "Pie-see-in"
"Every day is a fishing day, but not every day is a catching day"-Countryman
sponsored by: Piscean Artworks
Randomness rules the universe. Perseverance is the only path to success..but luck sometimes works too.

FishWorks

• It's MudSalmon Time
  • Sea Lion
  • MOOCH STRONG
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jun 2009
So after a Long, Super Fun and Enjoyable weekend, Me and the Gf came home with the big SKUNK AND NIGHTMARES ALL NIGHT!!! Berryessa wouldve been great but the wind was None Stop!(In another report)  And ARW was totally cool and fun and worth the drive, but would've been better if Me and Christina just couldve Landed our Fish! Yes, believe it or not, we both hooked up in the last 2 hours of fishing, At The FlagPole! She heads in to go the bathroom and i continue to drift south. About 30mins later paddling back up to the spot, she approaches me all shaken up and in Disbelief! Says she just hooked up A Big Hali and got it to the yak but didnt know what to do cause she had NO NETT! i WASNT THERE! Nooooooo! Apparently, the lined snapped in the end! So we both continue to work our way back up to start a new drift and in about 18 fow and right at the point where the flagpole is BAMM, I get hammered! Grab the pole and begin the fight, 10 seconds later and after a hot strong run from the fish and turned, hooks just pop out! Dont know what happen and never seen it! Felt really good thow! All in All, This was the funnest and the best event I've/WE been to since i join Ncka and ERIC HANDS DOWN KNOWS HOW TO THROW AN EVENT! AWESOME JOB ERIC, CHRISTINA AND I ARE MUCH APPRECIATED AND GRATEFUL. Had a great time on the water and meeting others(Craig(rb), Don(da blazer), Naokai, B.A., Ernest(lucky13), Fishing addict, Martianfish,and Otobepelagic. Congrats to all the winners too! Craig congrats for that last min. hookup and way to stay at it hard like a diehard your totally kool too brother! Martianfish Congrats on 1st place Awesome fish and thanks for the smoked hali that was good. Don thanks for the Beer, you read our mines we needed that bro. Ernest keep your head up you'll get that hali! We cant wait for yakhoppers next event, Fishworks!
Just Slay
Host of the Berryessa Salmon Slam

odat

• Sand Dab
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jul 2006
RIGH ON ERIC!! Thanks for hooking up a great event. My son and I had a great time, no fish not even a bite but it was a beautifull day to be out on the water, the hotdog & sallad hit the spot:0).. thnks again Eric.

pao

Thanks to Eric for making another great event.  I didn't manage to catch anything until 1215 with a my first 27 and half Hali on a yak.  Seems like that was when the water slowed down a bit and it was getting down to 1pm so I'd decided to fish the wall and just drift back towards the opening of the launch.  Also managed to see IslandYak hook up with this 3fter leopard.  Great times when your catching fish!    
« Last Edit: June 14, 2010, 01:01:33 PM by yester »

lucky13

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jan 2009
Eric, thank you for putting this event together. It was great meeting so many new and old faces. Fishing was tough as usual, but I'm used to it.

Adam, thanks for doing the Hat thing for our buddy Mooch.

Mel, thanks for the fillet. Wife was total surprise I came home with fish ;) You certainly know your stuff. I've learned something from you each time we went out together.

Jed, I'm glad the shiners worked out for you. Btw, Mel paid for those shiners, so thanks Mel ;)

Ricky, nice meeting you and Christina. I envy how you hooked up with someone who share the same interests as you. Looking forward to meeting you on the water again. Sorry you couldn't land your fish, but at least you and Christina both hooked halibut. You bet I'm gonna keep at it. I won't fish anywhere else for halibut until I catch one at The Wall damn it!

And also, thank you Ben for letting me try the Adventure. Hope I didn't cause you too much trouble hauling an extra yak around. Really appreciated it.

ernest

mooch

• 2006 Angler of the Year
  • Manatee
  • Cancer Fighter
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Dec 2004
congrats to all....despite the muddy and windy conditions, NCKA proved to be determined and got rewarded in more ways than one.....some of you may not have caught fish, but thanks to Brother Eric, there sure were some warm hot dogs and cold beer waiting for ya at the end of the day:smt002 You also got to meet more class act NCKA'ers and got to share war stories - which is my favorite part of "da gatherings"  :smt045

Also want to thank you all for the donations. Truly touched by this incredible gesture.

Special mention to:

Eric for keeping the NCKA community torch lit up with these epic gatherings....
My little spoon Fishunter, for harassing everyone for donations....
Al of the "A-Hulls" for making the effort of getting Porky's pins available at this event....

lovyafolks!

FisHunter

• SonomaCoastSafetySquad
  • Manatee
  • Mooch Taught Me How To Live Life
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Mar 2006
you are, the BIG-SPOON in my TOP DRAWER and you know why we do it bro, because we're all infected with this MADNESS you've spread about. = and WE thank YOU for it.
GET WELL!, ASAP!    so we can all go back to doing whatever it is, we all do. :smt002 
Be Safe, Not Sorry = B'ropeUpFool!

Winner of nothing but goodtimes with good friends.

LilRiverMan

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: May 2009
Eric, thanks for another great event  :fish

My day started with the low tide and the only butt I saw was a not so glorious butt slide down the seaweed covered ramp buried underneath my yak. At least my misfortune served as a warning to others when people started adding, "hey! watch out that's slippery  :smt043" , to their vocabulary. 
 The wonderful weather and great company made the rest of the day top notch.
Martian fish, loved watching you boat that Hog, and thanks for the taste smoked halibut.
Winner, 2012 Fisherman's Warehouse, Tiki Lagoon - Stripers.

Proud paddler - Pay it Forward Paddle 2010 / 2011 / 2012 / 2013 / 2014 / 2015 / 2016 / 2017 / 2018

In the game of biggest fish, if you can't enjoy routinely gettin' your ass handed to you, by great fishermen, then you don't belong in the NCKA.

Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after. ~Henry David Thoreau