Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 01:17:59 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[March 28, 2024, 11:47:21 PM]

[March 28, 2024, 11:34:08 PM]

[March 28, 2024, 09:44:18 PM]

[March 28, 2024, 09:12:36 PM]

[March 28, 2024, 07:11:09 PM]

[March 28, 2024, 01:13:46 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 07:25:42 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 07:05:39 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 12:35:34 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 11:18:23 AM]

[March 26, 2024, 07:45:07 PM]

[March 26, 2024, 06:19:03 PM]

[March 26, 2024, 05:47:06 PM]

Support NCKA

Support the site by making a donation.

Topic: "donations" made to the sea......  (Read 20525 times)

DrHabanero

• Sea Lion
  • BigLipRipper
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jun 2006
I am not too proud to add the limekiln yard sale.  Same day that Scott lost his epic stringer was my first major yard sale, I lost:

I was there for my first surf launch but tried 3 times losing my bait and sunglasses then decided I was'nt prepared for this and headed back up to Carmel since it wasn't looking likwe it was going to get better. I'm sure I missed out on some great fishing but I still have all the rest of my euipment. I still remember seeing Scott's photo of him riding that wave in, I knew then I made to correct decision to head to calmer grounds.
I'll rest when I'm dead!
2016 Ocean Kayak Predator
2014 Malibu X-Factor ,2014 Malibu Mini-X
2010 Malibu X-Factor ,2006  Ocean Kayak Drifter 
2011 Yakhopper Ocean Kayak Trident 4.7   Winner!
GS4 - 4th place

Meat Hunter

• Salmon
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jul 2009
Seems to be a sore subject as of late. :smt009

-Camera. I know flotation blah blah damn fish knocked it out of my hand. It's now in 65' in the
Carmel kelp. Could have cared less about the OLY 1030SW but the memory card had some un-uploaded pics that I will miss for sure.

-Net lost during MBK tourney. No clue when but it floated so someone came up. That net had epic fish landing mojo.

-Beat Stick. Tossed it at a seal (it was a cutoff broom handle so it floated) and apparently that triggered an epic RF bite that didn't stop for 2 hours. Landed a ling and several nice coppers but the beat stick drifted off and I never located it. That piece of wood tamed many a beast and I definitely should have just retrieved it when I had the chance.

-Bait Knives. I donate bait knives on a regular basis but the promars are only 3 or  4$ so that's no biggie.

-Scotty rod holder w/ extender. The wife boarded the yak from her surf board and the rod holder must have fell out when it tilted. On a side note the P13 did float us fine but paddling wasn't happening.

I'm sure the list will only grow with time and the random BS that goes on in the salt.

327# L - 93# RF

9erfan

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Oct 2010
Gopro hero @ ocean cove
Garmin Rhino @ RBC2 on land

Hate loosing stuff!!

Anthony
1st place 2011 Red Barn Classic
2019 Hobie Outback

PISCEAN

• no kooks please!
  • Sea Lion
  • humming to the bear...
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jun 2005
Lost my fav set of extra long needle nose pliers this weekend in Big Sur. Went to unhook a ling at yakside, the fish went nuts, and "floop" go the pliers after they slipped from my hand.

And my first thought was, "I can post this on the donations to the sea thread!"

Oh well, now I have an excuse to ask for some cool new Suffix pliers for Christmas :smt044.
pronounced "Pie-see-in"
"Every day is a fishing day, but not every day is a catching day"-Countryman
sponsored by: Piscean Artworks
Randomness rules the universe. Perseverance is the only path to success..but luck sometimes works too.

BigJim

• A-Hull
  • Manatee
  • No white flags.
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jun 2009
My bad ass UK SL4 eLED dive light is now somewhere on the bottom of Albion Cove.

:smt013

Paddled over to a new spot, anchored up, put my mask back on, light back around wrist, jumped in, where the F is my light?!?!  :smt009 :smt011

Must've forgot to tighten down the lanyard...in 35 feet of water....spent awhile looking on the bottom, but the black color of the light did not give me a good chance of finding it...

GRRR!!!

:smt005 :smt044 :smt005 :smt044

:smt006

Sincerely,

Jim

~GS4  2010-1st~
~DOTY 2013-1st~
~T2B2 2015-1st~
*DOTY: 2012-5th~2014-5th~2015-4th~2016-7th~2017-4th~2018-5th~2019-5th~2020-2nd*

Sledge

• GetSome!!!
  • Sea Lion
  • GetSome!!! Hell Yeah!!!
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Apr 2009
fishing dramo lake this yr didn't have anything tied down...was trying to paddle away from a PB the wind is HOWLING and I hear "my hand" so instead of paddling I waited so that  my hook wouldn't sink into my friends hand...in the process "yard sale" flipped and lost a very nice Keni special lami..nice reel...lots of assorted gear...my net that had a pool noodle even sank :smt009  5-$600.00 worth of gear... gots to get some leashes...  but do have noodles on everything now... :smt044 :smt044 :smt044
It's all about Today!!! Because who knows what tomorrow will bring... so Better get OTW n GetSome

Tote

• One life, right? Don't blow it.
  • Global Moderator
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jul 2005
Filet knife at RBCII. It fell through the yakgina on my hobie while I was in the kelp. Gotta start bringing the plug.
<=>

ravensblack

• Manatee
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Aug 2007
When I got my first ten inch abalone my Dad was right there swimming besdie me. He wasnt diving much then, just liked to get in the water and cruise around with me. He was 68 years old then. On the south end of Stump theres a cave in about 15 ft of water. I swam in and turning upside down I noticed a monster up in an overhead crack. Prying it off, it fell into my hands and went back out. I swam over to the old man and presented it to him. I watched his eyes go big and he spit his snorkel out and laughed a deep hearty laugh and said, " holy shit son, thats the biggest ab Ive ever seen." It was a great time in my life and accomplishment I had been trying for for a long time. Having my Pop there was the icing fellas.

Years go by and my Dad died. It was a sad time for us all . We loved that old sucker so much. After a few months my Mom finally decided it was time to spread his ashes as he wanted. West of the Golden Gate on a strong ebb. We got over by Tennessee and I poured his ashes in that ten inch shell I had been keeping for a long time. It was so fucking right man. I lofted that shell with the ashes spilling out in the wind and watched as the water turned into a cloudy gray. My Moms weeping and Im smiling my ass off. The best donation I ever made back to the ocean. My old mans spirit lives there and when I pass that spot on the way to salmon fishing or whatever I smile to myself and think of the days I got to spend with him. He taught me a lot and Im forever indebted to his soul.
"I always entertain great hope" Robert Frost

9erfan

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Oct 2010
That's awesome Craig, I hope I can be the same father figure to my kids.

Anthony
1st place 2011 Red Barn Classic
2019 Hobie Outback

PISCEAN

• no kooks please!
  • Sea Lion
  • humming to the bear...
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jun 2005
My old mans spirit lives there and when I pass that spot on the way to salmon fishing or whatever I smile to myself and think of the days I got to spend with him. He taught me a lot and Im forever indebted to his soul.

That's part of the beauty of the scattering at sea. They aren't just at the one spot, although the spirit is probably strongest there, but they are anywhere there is a connection to the Pacific. I began with honoring the spirit of my mom, then my brother, and most recently one of my dear friends. Paddling out & paying respects to one is to honor them all.
pronounced "Pie-see-in"
"Every day is a fishing day, but not every day is a catching day"-Countryman
sponsored by: Piscean Artworks
Randomness rules the universe. Perseverance is the only path to success..but luck sometimes works too.

Bird

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: May 2006
Craig - sweet memorial and tribute to your Dad.

e2g

• Sea Lion
  • 53 lb seabass
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jul 2006
Hell of a tribute, both you and your father were lucky to have each other.  :smt001
Winner 2011 MBK Derby
Winner 2009 Fishermans Warehouse Santa Cruz Tournament
Winner 2008 MBK Derby

anything