Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:19:42 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[Today at 10:06:12 AM]

[Today at 10:05:24 AM]

[Today at 08:17:00 AM]

[March 27, 2024, 07:25:42 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 07:05:39 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 04:18:57 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 12:35:34 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 11:18:23 AM]

[March 26, 2024, 07:45:07 PM]

[March 26, 2024, 06:19:03 PM]

[March 26, 2024, 05:47:06 PM]

Support NCKA

Support the site by making a donation.

Topic: All rigged and ready  (Read 4162 times)

FISHADOW

• SonomaCoastSafetySquad
  • Sea Lion
  • Pusher of the Prowler. Watcher of the Wise.
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: May 2008
You will be ready for Albion Open in August then for sure.

:smt005

WTTM.....Have fun  :smt006
I like to have fun.......

LIVE LIFE!!!

atavuss

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jul 2009
I have had a Hobie PA for almost 4 years now, my preference is to have everything mounted on the side rails (FF, rod holders).  This way no holes were drilled anywhere and it leaves the side boards free of clutter to fight and land fish and to get in and out of either side of the PA when launching and beaching.  I am strictly a fresh water lake trout guy with my PA.  IMO you are going to have problems with fishing line getting tangled in your gear when fighting and landing fish.  I also prefer to use a lead core rig compared to a downrigger, way less simpler, granted a downrigger will get you in deeper water but I have a Alumaweld Stryker if I need to fish deep water with downriggers.  That is only my .02, no offense meant.
I just realized that you probably have a PA 12 or the new model PA 14  (two rod holder holes per side in the front) which has the side rails mounted farther behind the seat which makes my post above moot.   :smt003
Welcome to the madness!   
« Last Edit: February 06, 2013, 10:47:23 AM by atavuss »
Fishing is cheaper than therapy!

sigelvictory

• Sea Lion
  • ahem, did you not get the memo?
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jan 2008
I have had a Hobie PA for almost 4 years now, my preference is to have everything mounted on the side rails (FF, rod holders).  This way no holes were drilled anywhere and it leaves the side boards free of clutter to fight and land fish and to get in and out of either side of the PA when launching and beaching.  I am strictly a fresh water lake trout guy with my PA.  IMO you are going to have problems with fishing line getting tangled in your gear when fighting and landing fish.  I also prefer to use a lead core rig compared to a downrigger, way less simpler, granted a downrigger will get you in deeper water but I have a Alumaweld Stryker if I need to fish deep water with downriggers.  That is only my .02, no offense meant.
I just realized that you probably have a PA 12 or the new model PA 14  (two rod holder holes per side in the front) which has the side rails mounted farther behind the seat which makes my post above moot.   :smt003
Welcome to the madness!   

I have an Outback, which doesn't have the room the PA has... and I have experience using side rail mounted rod holders, FF, downrigger, and leadcore all at the same time.  To be honest... as long as it is organized as I see fit, I don't really run into any problems with things getting messy.  You will learn the work arounds for your yak.  I LOVE my little scotty downrigger.  It is so much better to get the fish on normal line as opposed to leadcore.  The fight is so much more direct.  I have come to love trolliing for trout in the lakes around here more than any other type of fishing.  WTTM... you are gonna love your setup once you get it all dialed in.
Never trust a man that doesnt like to fish...

• View Profile
  • Date Registered: Feb 2012
Some folks took my 'hater' reference too literally, but I apologize to anyone with hurt feelings. 

Cheers.

Mienboy

• there's two sides to every story
  • Sea Lion
  • America, if you don't love it leave it
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jan 2012
Some folks took my 'hater' reference too literally, but I apologize to anyone with hurt feelings. 

Cheers.
i think "you have anger the monkey"  :smt005
My biggest worry is that my wife(when I'm dead)will sell my fishing gear for what I said I paid for it

mooch

• 2006 Angler of the Year
  • Manatee
  • Cancer Fighter
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Dec 2004

Cheers.

"hurt feelings"   :scratch: :smt102       ....I though I was just sharing my opinions through my experiences....no feelings hurt here. No need to apologize.

• View Profile
Well, not YOU mooch, but someone misquoted me and said something about me and staying classy, so I took it that some here may have misread what I had intended to say.  It's my fault.  As a 'noob' I guess I tried to join the gang with a little smack and it didn't work.  Again, to anyone who took what I said in any other way other than ribbing, I apologize. 
« Last Edit: February 07, 2013, 07:53:11 PM by skipro3 »

sigelvictory

• Sea Lion
  • ahem, did you not get the memo?
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jan 2008
Well, not YOU mooch, but someone misquoted me and said something about me and staying classy, so I took it that some here may have misread what I had intended to say.  It's my fault.  As a 'noob' I guess I tried to join the gang with a little smack and it didn't work.  Again, to anyone who took what I said in any other way other than ribbing, I apologize. 

Kinda thought he misunderstood myself... sarcasm doesn't translate well in type form.  Don't sweat it.
Never trust a man that doesnt like to fish...

gone fishing

• Sand Dab
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Dec 2012
i remember puttin this boat together. lookin pretty bad ass. how's everything workin for you?

Rock Hopper

• SonomaCoastSafetySquad
  • Global Moderator
  • A-Hull Muggle
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Apr 2005

FWIW - if what you had said was in response to anything other than safety advice I wouldn't have taken it the wrong way.

In Loving Memory of Mooch, Eelmaster, Shicken, and Cabeza De Martillo

I started kayak fishing to get away from most of you...

• View Profile
FWIW - if what you had said was in response to anything other than safety advice I wouldn't have taken it the wrong way.

Rock Hopper, the only comments made by anyone prior to my post that was anything other than praise was;

No offense, but if for some strange reason you were to ever flip that you'd never get it righted.

That didn't sound to me like safety advise, it sounded to me like something else.  It wasn't accurate either.  I own a PA.  I've practiced self rescue with it.  It's easy to get it righted. 

You've misquoted me;
Oh, never mind the safety advice being given to you from way more experienced kayak anglers than me. They're just haters, bro

then tell ME to;
Stay classy, man.

You even attempted to disrespect me by calling me;
some noob

I've apologized twice now.  If that's not enough for you, well then that's your problem.   If there IS still a problem, call me and we will discuss it;
530-626-9698.  Otherwise, back off.   

« Last Edit: February 12, 2013, 01:02:46 PM by skipro3 »

Rock Hopper

• SonomaCoastSafetySquad
  • Global Moderator
  • A-Hull Muggle
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Apr 2005
I've apologized twice now.  If that's not enough for you, well then that's your problem.   If there IS still a problem, call me and we will discuss it;
530-626-9698.  Otherwise, back off.

Haha. Don't get your panties in a bunch dude. I don't have a problem at all. I was just saying that if I had said I didn't like the color or make of his kayak and you replied with your "hater" dribble I wouldn't have given it a second thought. As it was, I was giving what I believe to be safety advice and you downplayed it with your failed attempt to try and fit in.

And to top it off you leave your phone number like you're an internet tough guy and there's some sort of beef that needs to be squashed and/or even f***ing cared about.

Just breaking it down for you since it seems as if you are the one with the problem. No need for you to apologize. Twice.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2013, 04:22:32 PM by Rock Hopper »

In Loving Memory of Mooch, Eelmaster, Shicken, and Cabeza De Martillo

I started kayak fishing to get away from most of you...

gone fishing

• Sand Dab
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Dec 2012
ya i went bow over stern at carmel state beach my first time there, and snapped a rod in the sand. no fun but all that stuff pulls off, and you got the tucked away rod storage.

Rabid angler

• Sand Dab
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Mar 2013
Your yak looks real good Bro. It was nice meeting and talking to you at Fishermans wharehouse. Thanks again for introducing me to this site.
2012 Pro Angler 12

anything