Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 11:01:25 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[Today at 11:00:06 AM]

[Today at 10:06:12 AM]

[Today at 08:17:00 AM]

[March 27, 2024, 07:25:42 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 07:05:39 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 04:18:57 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 12:35:34 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 11:18:23 AM]

[March 26, 2024, 07:45:07 PM]

[March 26, 2024, 06:19:03 PM]

[March 26, 2024, 05:47:06 PM]

Support NCKA

Support the site by making a donation.

Topic: Post Your Picture, Screen Name and Real Name  (Read 168353 times)

Code3

• Salmon
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jun 2018
shotgunaaron

Aaron

new to the NCKA forum...  kayak fishing for about 6 months now with a buddy who is also new to the sport.

Pics from 6/26/18  Santa Cruz
We're gonna need a bigger boat!

Jplutino

• Salmon
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Apr 2018
Welcome to the game!

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

TommyTwoFish

• Salmon
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Apr 2016
Screen name: OmegaTCB

Will add a pic later.

Tried kayak fishing about 10 years ago with college friend on Monterey Bay and Half Moon Bay.  Got pretty wet and had zero bites, but it was still one of my all time favorite fishing trips.  Not sure why I haven't tried it since.

Going to see if I can get my 12 and 13 year old boys interested.  Will look for a calm weekend, tandem rentals, and a good guide.

Tote

• One life, right? Don't blow it.
  • Global Moderator
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jul 2005
Screen name: OmegaTCB

Will add a pic later.

Tried kayak fishing about 10 years ago with college friend on Monterey Bay and Half Moon Bay.  Got pretty wet and had zero bites, but it was still one of my all time favorite fishing trips.  Not sure why I haven't tried it since.

Going to see if I can get my 12 and 13 year old boys interested.  Will look for a calm weekend, tandem rentals, and a good guide.

Contact Allen Bushnell, aka Bushy on the board. He's the man in your area.
<=>

Sharkbait13

• Sardine
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jun 2018

Howdy,

Just moved to the jewel box in Capitola and have 2 Pro Scuppers that will be venturing into the waters.  Have taken her out once on a ver, very low tide with just a tad bit of seaweed....guess that's good to keep the juvies away.  Took a jaunt down to Elkhorn and spent a wonderful early morning of glass and sunshine, which I didn't know existed down there.  Then the paddle back, included a nice wind with risiong tides along with 40 rental kayaks, which by 11 was 150, but still a beautiful paddle.

Excited about the area, the people and of course the water. 

Name is - Dominic and I am a recently divorced 51 yr old whose main passion is air miles on a mtbike. 

"You don't stop playing because you get old, you get old because you stop playing!"

Hojoman

• Manatee
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Feb 2007

Howdy,

Just moved to the jewel box in Capitola and have 2 Pro Scuppers that will be venturing into the waters.  Have taken her out once on a ver, very low tide with just a tad bit of seaweed....guess that's good to keep the juvies away.  Took a jaunt down to Elkhorn and spent a wonderful early morning of glass and sunshine, which I didn't know existed down there.  Then the paddle back, included a nice wind with risiong tides along with 40 rental kayaks, which by 11 was 150, but still a beautiful paddle.

Name is - Dominic and I am a recently divorced 51 yr old whose main passion is air miles on a mtbike. 

"You don't stop playing because you get old, you get old because you stop playing!"
Welcome, Dominic.  :smt006

Jplutino

• Salmon
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Apr 2018
Welcome to the machine!

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

snapperhead

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jun 2006

Howdy,

Welcome Dom!!! If you get an itch, drive up to Albion this coming weekend. You might just find a few yakers there :smt003. The following weekend 8/4 & 5, I'll be at Manchester, for the Turner Dive/camping trip. We get access to a private beach up the road from there.
"Life is like a school of rockfish, you never know what you're gonna get"

biggerthanyours

• Sand Dab
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jan 2018
Hi all,

My name is Stephen, biggerthanyours. I live in Clovis/Shaver Lake, CA. I purchased a couple of used Hobie Outbacks for fishing with my brother Tom and setting one up now for Striper, Salmon and Steelhead fishing for the American River in Sacramento. My brother Tom (thatÂ’s why I got two kayaks) lives in Sacramento and I enjoy fishing with him on the American River. I also plan on using the kayaks for trout fishing, but interested in the big three SÂ’s mentioned earlier. I really prefer fly fishing in the river, but not opposed to using baitcasters or spinning reel casting for success.

I am also interested in fishing the Delta for Stripers, the ocean for Halibut, Rock fish, large Lingcod and Salmon on a kayak. But, I donÂÂ’t know the better areas to fish, the different techniques and gear required to create or allow for success. Assistance will be greatly appreciated. [emoji848][emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: July 30, 2018, 07:58:33 PM by biggerthanyours »

Hojoman

• Manatee
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Feb 2007
Hi all,

My name is Stephen, biggerthanyoirs. Got a couple of used Outbacks for fishing and setting one up now for Striper, Salmon and Steelhead fishing for the American River in Sacramento. I will also use them for trout fishing, but interested in the big three mentioned earlier. Retired now and have  time to pursue this new adventure. Also interested in fishing the Delta for Stripers, the ocean for Halibut, rock fish, and Salmon. But, I don’t know the areas to fish or the different techniques that create success. I prefer fly fishing in the river, but not opposed to using baitcasters or spinning reel casting for success.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Welcome, Stephen.  :smt006

SpininB

• Sardine
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Aug 2018
Hi I'm Bonny ... resident of Point San Pablo Yacht Harbour - - I don't fish but I like filming you guys with permission!!  Quite a few good shots from the recent event at Point San Pablo yacht Harbor

Reel Drag

• Sand Dab
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jul 2017
My names Ryan
“It is hard to fail, but it is worse never to have tried to succeed.”
― Theodore Roosevelt

Viking Kayak Profish Reload.

StephKillsit

• Sea Lion
  • Not yakin just yet but I still yak in other ways!
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: May 2011
The salmon run has started here at the Delta in Antioch. I bet a guy named Danny and the guy next to him caught a 7 over. Anyway, my point being is that Danny is always there and I remember by the name Danny Florencio an old basketball player from the Philippines that passed away years ago. I always grab the spot where Danny is right before he gets there now and when i see him I dont mind standing on the rock next to him.

I again want to thank all that donated to me for me to survive it helps my family and I a lot. Also for CCK donating the kayak. One day I cant wait to be back on the water with all of you. I may not remember some of your names but just give me the first letter and my mind will figure out. I learned to remember things by the word WRAP write repeat associate picture. It helped me a lot. I still go through therapy and I am slowly being wined off of my anti seizure meds. I had NORSE they still dont know the cause. I cant wait to thank the doctors and nurses who also took care of me at UCSF.

Anyway, to make a short story long. Lol.

My name name is Steph, Stephanie

Stephkillsit

Ohh also I'll never forget when the doctor said Steph what do u wanna do and I replied "I I WANNA GO FISHIN"  LMAO :smt044 :smt005 :smt001
« Last Edit: September 06, 2018, 07:07:39 AM by StephKillsit »
2012 Hobie Revo 13
Intex Seahawk 2

Thank you all for your support!! I’m so glad to still be ALIVE!! Weather on land or water I LOVE YOU ALL!!

Tote

• One life, right? Don't blow it.
  • Global Moderator
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jul 2005
Hell yea Steph!!!!!!!!!!
<=>

Kdunk707

• Sardine
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Sep 2018
Kevin