Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 12:57:22 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[Today at 11:50:57 AM]

[Today at 11:49:33 AM]

[Today at 11:22:14 AM]

[Today at 11:08:39 AM]

[March 27, 2024, 07:25:42 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 07:05:39 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 04:18:57 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 12:35:34 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 11:18:23 AM]

[March 26, 2024, 07:45:07 PM]

[March 26, 2024, 06:19:03 PM]

[March 26, 2024, 05:47:06 PM]

Support NCKA

Support the site by making a donation.

Topic: Congrats Everyone! AOTY 2010 Party and Awards  (Read 12715 times)

novofish

• Wear your PFD - every time OTW
  • Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Nov 2007
What an event! What a day! Congrats to all the winners and participants for last year's AOTY. The celebration was definitely worth the drive!
I had a great time meeting NCKA'ers that I've only read about online. All the legends were just as large in real life as on these pages. Mooch, it was cool meeting you buddy, you know how to to have a good time! Everyone was f'n cool and friendly and I can't say I've had a better time at any event. The food was awesome, with just about every type of cuisine being cooked up under the tent city, I ate a bunch and had a couple of beers. Andy, it was cool to watch the fryer going, and those growlers were damn tasty! I had to take a break and nap in the car until about 7:30 before attempting the drive back to Woodland. The only thing that would've made the day a little better was to get out and do some fishing, but after I waited in front of the bait shop for 30mins I figured they were not going to open :smt044
In all, it was great partying with the NCKA crew, and I look forward to fishing and chillin with you all in the coming season. I'm sure the sun will come out sometime. :smt003

Got a few pics before the battery died, switched to cell phone for a few after that.

AOTY 2011 - 9th
AOTY 2012 - 16th
AOTY 2013 - 6th
FAOTY 2014 - 4th
AOTY 2015 - 5th
AOTY 2016 - 56th
AOTY 2017 - 37th

novofish

• Wear your PFD - every time OTW
  • Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Nov 2007
More party pics
« Last Edit: March 20, 2011, 09:51:35 PM by novofish »
AOTY 2011 - 9th
AOTY 2012 - 16th
AOTY 2013 - 6th
FAOTY 2014 - 4th
AOTY 2015 - 5th
AOTY 2016 - 56th
AOTY 2017 - 37th

mooch

• 2006 Angler of the Year
  • Manatee
  • Cancer Fighter
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Dec 2004
Besides all the NCKA sponsors and HMB Kayak Co. for providing us with a venue, I also want to thank those who came early to help set up the tent / tarp city. Thanks to those who volunteered to cook and to those who stayed later to help tear down the tent city and clean up the party grounds!  :smt008

BigJim

• A-Hull
  • Manatee
  • No white flags.
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jun 2009
Looks like it was a GREAT time!!!!  Congrats to all who won, placed, participated and showed up for the party!!

Would've made it if I could, but running and taking care of my sick daughter kept me close to home all weekend.  :smt012

Congrats again and looking forward to next year's party already!
 :smt006
Sincerely,

Jim

~GS4  2010-1st~
~DOTY 2013-1st~
~T2B2 2015-1st~
*DOTY: 2012-5th~2014-5th~2015-4th~2016-7th~2017-4th~2018-5th~2019-5th~2020-2nd*

Fish Master1

• If it bleeds I can kill it.
  • Manatee
  • A-Hull Muggle
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jan 2008
New I was heading in the right direction fri afternoon, saw what appeared to be A funnel? Stormtroopers unite! :smt004
..........Sincerly A-Hull Muggle.

Fish Master1

• Manatee
  • A-Hull Muggle
  • View Profile
Joel,Ben, Al ,Sara, Joe, and I made the best of fri night.....Took A walk down to the Half Moon Bay Brew company were we started the party..... Oh and we ran into TOTE! :smt004

LapuLapu

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jan 2009
Man, after seeing all that food and happy faces I knew I missed another good NCKA party.  Rain or shine NCKA knows how to do it.  Congrats to everyone and thanks for posting all the pictures for those of us who for one thing or another could not make it.

Rey

Fish Master1

• Manatee
  • A-Hull Muggle
  • View Profile
Had A blast! :smt001....Even had my own light show provided! :smt002

Fish Master1

• Manatee
  • A-Hull Muggle
  • View Profile
I really had A great time with the best of people that walk this earth! Congrats to all the winners! The food and beer at the event was epic! I ended up staying Saturday night also with Joe and feasted on some fresh crab! What A blast! Until next time....

PISCEAN

• no kooks please!
  • Sea Lion
  • humming to the bear...
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jun 2005
I arrived late, but could easily spot the proper parking area by the nice "positively painting" sign on Ben's truck.
So cool to see all of my fishing bros gathered after the long winter. many, many smiles, lots of wonderful food, and a few beers equal lots of great conversation and fishing tales.

Geez you guys, having 5 years of AOTY 1st place winners on one spot, was truly humbling (and so very cool). There area lot of good times wrapped up in all those planks of wood (OK, some cold and rainy times too, but they still count)

Andy grabbed me to try the smoked MFE, and going in to the fryer easy up was like getting a backstage pass! VIP baby!

I almost had to pull out my "honorary HAC" card so Mooch would quit buggin me about abalone inlay missing from his award. 'S OK though, I only got shot in the leg so i know he still cares :smt008

Fishunter, Guitarzan, ManBearpig, Fishadow, SaltyDog, Ravensblack, Al & Sara, Fishworks & Christina, EWB, Piski, O2B, Bird, FM1, & I know I am missing many. So glad I made the drive in the rain-you all made it such a fun afternoon.

Thanks to ChuckE & Bill, all the folks who put up the EZ ups & laid out the grub.

Sean
pronounced "Pie-see-in"
"Every day is a fishing day, but not every day is a catching day"-Countryman
sponsored by: Piscean Artworks
Randomness rules the universe. Perseverance is the only path to success..but luck sometimes works too.

mooch

• 2006 Angler of the Year
  • Manatee
  • Cancer Fighter
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Dec 2004
Mooch Disclaimer:

The more I shoot you, the more I love you  :smt045

Eric B

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jul 2007
I'm so bummed to have missed the festivities!  My other family kept me home...   unexpected family from Hawaii, and they weren't into the cold Ca rain at all.  But a part of me was huddled under the tarps getting shot, buzzed, and stuffed with you all.

Much respect to The Winners, the Cooks, and the Artists.

Fisherman X

• Sea Lion
  • Going to the ocean is going home
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Sep 2007
I'm sorry that I wasn't able to attend this special event and to celebrate with y'all. The food looks fantastic, and the camaraderie looks even better!!  :smt007 I promise that I will be there for next year's. Congratulations to all that placed, you're all winners in my heart :D

+1!
-Success is living the life you want-
Joel ><>

Hammerhead avatar in memory of CdM

BANJOTAD

• North Valley Slayers
  • Sea Lion
  • Hobie Revolution
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jul 2008
Congrats to all the AOTY winners and participants!
The grub and grog looks great :smt007
Judging from the smiling faces looks like a great time was had despite the rain :smt003
Thanks for the cool Report and Pics :smt004
Hope to see you guys at Shelter Cove in May. :smt003
Tad
 :smt006

Sailfish

• Manatee
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Sep 2006
I'll be brief...great people, great food, well deserved winners, and stormy weather.  All people attended deserve a "storm trooper" patch  :smt003

"Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass...it's about learning how to dance in the rain."

anything