Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 03:18:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[March 27, 2024, 11:13:05 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 10:53:01 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 08:00:55 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 07:25:42 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 07:05:39 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 04:18:57 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 12:35:34 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 11:18:23 AM]

[March 26, 2024, 07:45:07 PM]

[March 26, 2024, 06:19:03 PM]

[March 26, 2024, 05:47:06 PM]

[March 25, 2024, 07:10:08 PM]

[March 25, 2024, 03:17:35 PM]

Support NCKA

Support the site by making a donation.

Topic: Matt's Hobie Adventure Rigging  (Read 11463 times)

Pat R.

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Aug 2006
Thanks Matt :smt006 will wait for your report before ordering. I to am using the same setup as you are with the Scotty and your right works very well.

Pat R

Fish N' Chips

• Salmon
  • Hobie Adventure
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: May 2008
Well I just ordered the rocket launchers and a crab davit for the boat.  The extensions and rod holders work ok, but I don't like all the clutter on the rails, and the holders being so high to clear the pedals.  Keeping with my simple layout scheme, the rocket launchers should clean it up and be great for trolling.  I will give a review when I get them.

I also ordered a scotty crab davit.  I hate pulling my crab line up the side of the kayak.  I am hoping the davit will give me better leverage with full pots, and save wear on the boat....and my back and arms!

I love new toys..... :smt007

Matt

Great Bass 2

• Catch And Cook (CNC)
  • Sea Lion
  • The Art & Science of Fishing & Cooking
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jul 2006
Matt -

This been very helpful. Excellent tutorial and well thought out rigging. I will probably mount my FF and GPS on the right rail in the mesh compartment like Martin did on his Revo so I can reach it easier and will probably convert it to an AI at some point so will keep the sail mast area free of rigging. I will use a removable deck compass also.

Scott
1st Place 2007 Kayak Connection Father's Day Derby
1st Place 2007 New Melones Trout Derby
1st Place 2011 Lake Berryessa Salmon Slam
1st Place 2011 Pay It Forward Taco Throw Down
1st Place 2011 Albion Open
1st Place 2012 & 2013 Central Coast Custom Lure Contest
1st Place 2013 The Simply Fishing Tournament

Pat R.

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Aug 2006
Scott do I read this right have you gone to the dark side if so welcome  :smt007

Pat R

dilbeck

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: May 2006
Scott do I read this right have you gone to the dark side if so welcome  :smt007

Pat R

He'd mentioned the idea of delving into the darkside at Albion but I didn't know he already did it.

gupppy

• Sardine
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Apr 2012
Hi Matt,

Sorry for resurrecting such an old thread, hope you're reading this..

I was wondering if you remember what size bolts you used to mount your goodies in various areas.  Like you, I do not want to use a screw that's too long, and obviously one that's too short would do me no good.  Do you happen to remember what length they are?  Were they stainless steel screws?

I'm looking to install pad eyes (including washers & a nylon lock nut) in various places on the kayak and wanted to just order once.

Thanks!

Mienboy

• there's two sides to every story
  • Sea Lion
  • America, if you don't love it leave it
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jan 2012
I drilled (ouch) a big hole in the back of the kayak.  I installed a Scotty flush mount in the deck.  This is for my safety light.  I will also likely add a safety flag to the safety light.  It is an LED light, so I will simply leave it on for a day of fishing.  Never know when the fog could roll in!

how much was the light,i was thinking about getting one too.some of the people behind the wheels of powered boats are more dangerous than the ones behind the wheels of cars.but when i think about it might attract unwanted attention.imagine all those people on the water ways when they see the light in the distance and go whats that lets go check it out. :smt011
My biggest worry is that my wife(when I'm dead)will sell my fishing gear for what I said I paid for it

gupppy

• Sardine
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Apr 2012
I drilled (ouch) a big hole in the back of the kayak.  I installed a Scotty flush mount in the deck.  This is for my safety light.  I will also likely add a safety flag to the safety light.  It is an LED light, so I will simply leave it on for a day of fishing.  Never know when the fog could roll in!

how much was the light,i was thinking about getting one too.some of the people behind the wheels of powered boats are more dangerous than the ones behind the wheels of cars.but when i think about it might attract unwanted attention.imagine all those people on the water ways when they see the light in the distance and go whats that lets go check it out. :smt011

walmart has some variations of the light for cheap.  ~$20

anything