Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 05:19:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[Today at 05:07:22 AM]

[March 27, 2024, 10:53:01 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 08:00:55 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 07:25:42 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 07:05:39 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 04:18:57 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 12:35:34 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 11:18:23 AM]

[March 26, 2024, 07:45:07 PM]

[March 26, 2024, 06:19:03 PM]

[March 26, 2024, 05:47:06 PM]

[March 25, 2024, 07:10:08 PM]

[March 25, 2024, 03:17:35 PM]

Support NCKA

Support the site by making a donation.

Topic: Can’t an Officer “Radio in” My License Info?  (Read 2805 times)

NowhereMan

• Manatee
  • 44.5"/38.5#
  • View Profile YouTube Channel
  • Date Registered: Aug 2011
Be a big boy and carry your license. That is the problem today, we are lazy. Let technology do it.
I dont regulate Title 14, but ANY time our regs call for documentation to be produced on request and you aint got it, I will give you some so you dont feel left out until you get it taken care of. Yes I can research licenses for blasters with a phone or radio call. What does the LAW say? Really no excuse other than you are lazy.

Yes, I realize it is the "LAW" and that's why I don't fish if I forget my license. The question is whether this law makes sense in 2018, and I say no. It seems to me that a minimal use of technology---nothing fancy or cutting edge required---would make it easier for everyone, including the warden, and more secure to boot.
Born in Arizona
Moved to Babylonia
Got a condo made of stone-a

sandshred

• Salmon
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: May 2014
Be a big boy and carry your license. That is the problem today, we are lazy. Let technology do it.
I dont regulate Title 14, but ANY time our regs call for documentation to be produced on request and you aint got it, I will give you some so you dont feel left out until you get it taken care of. Yes I can research licenses for blasters with a phone or radio call. What does the LAW say? Really no excuse other than you are lazy.

Yes, I realize it is the "LAW" and that's why I don't fish if I forget my license. The question is whether this law makes sense in 2018, and I say no. It seems to me that a minimal use of technology---nothing fancy or cutting edge required---would make it easier for everyone, including the warden, and more secure to boot.
Lol,
I must be lazy.

polepole

• Administrator
  • View Profile Kayak Fishing Magazine
  • Date Registered: Dec 2004

With modern technology, LE doesn't even need to interact with you.  They could just take a picture of your face, run it through facial recognition, and immediately know if you have a license or not.  Big brother is watching ... be careful what you wish for.

-Allen

Archie Marx

• AOTY Committee
  • Hobie Revo 13 & 16
  • View Profile kayakcity.com
  • Date Registered: Dec 2008
Polepole obviously hasn’t worked with the CDFW IT department.  They make our AOTY site seem highly reliable by comparison. :smt044  :smt002
« Last Edit: February 18, 2018, 09:06:46 AM by Archie Marx »
1st - 2013 Angler of the Year- All time high score
1st - 2016 Angler of the Year
1st - 2016 CCKF AOTY - All time high score

crash

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Dec 2007
Polepole obviously hasn’t worked with the CDFW IT department.  They make our AOTY site seem highly reliable by comparison. :smt044  :smt002

They still use carrier pigeons to send messages. Modernizing would be lazy.
"SCIENCE SUCKS" - bmb

polepole

• Administrator
  • View Profile Kayak Fishing Magazine
  • Date Registered: Dec 2004

I'd be surprised if CDFW even has an IT department. :smt044

-Allen

Archie Marx

• AOTY Committee
  • Hobie Revo 13 & 16

They still use carrier pigeons to send messages. Modernizing would be lazy.

:smt044

They’re trying. I think the ALDS system is an improvement.

Archie Marx

• AOTY Committee
  • Hobie Revo 13 & 16
1. Buy license.
2. Stick it in your wallet.
3. Go fishing.

This

E Kayaker

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Sep 2010
1. Buy license.
3. Go fishing.
Maybe if you only get the basic license. I need a book bag to carry mine around! :smt044
http://www.norcalkayakanglers.com/index.php?topic=42846.msg470404#msg470404

The charm of fishing is that it is the pursuit of what is elusive but attainable, a perpetual series of occasions for hope.  ~John Buchan

I Zod Out

• I think(?) I got a bite!
  • Salmon
  • A Shark is already in the boat
  • View Profile I Zod Out
  • Date Registered: Feb 2014
...my Co2 on this thread

While fishing off Leffingwell Landing a summer or so ago(?), a fishing buddy and I were visited by the DF&G mid-day, while off shore on our kayaks.
"Garabaldi" and I had our limits of rockies and were angling for a ling or a cabby when the officers pulled up between us. I had realized earlier that I had left my license dangling from my rear view mirror inside my truck, so when I was asked to present, I made my confession. "Sorry, I left my license in the truck". The officer checked that we were compliant within limits, had our approved landing nets visible, and looked as "if" we were properly attired with PFD's etc. which we were. The officer asked for my name, birthdate, and home address, then asked "where(?)" did I purchase my California fishing license. After writing all this down, he said he would check when he returned to base, and "if" I checked out I would not hear from him or be cited. I asked "IF" I could see is badge number (and this officer complied) so, I had some important details on my side. 

Never heard from CF&D.

Take this with a grain of salt "if" you wish, but I think it's up to the call of the individual officer, and I musta bumped into a fair one, 'nuff said.

I Zod Out
Our world was NOT deeded to us by our forefathers... it was loaned to us by our children.

CptSloppywood

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Sep 2014
1. Buy license.
3. Go fishing.

This
Or, buy a separate wallet just for your licences and throw it in whatever tackle box or waders or whatever you might be using that day. I have never forgotten it.

MontanaN8V

• I swear it was this big!
  • Sea Lion
  • It's BANG TIME!!
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Mar 2009
What does CHP do when you do not have license, registration, or insurance? You get a ticket even if you have all the above, but not in the vehicle.
The exact same thing here. It is the law. Take your license or take a ticket if you get caught. You are an adult, mommy not putting your license in your lunch for you to go fishing is not an excuse. Take responsibility for yourselves for crying out loud.
Live your life, the way you want to be remembered. Don't have any regrets, we only get this one dance to make it count. Start at your eulogy, and work backwards.

crash

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Dec 2007
What does CHP do when you do not have license, registration, or insurance? You get a ticket even if you have all the above, but not in the vehicle.
The exact same thing here. It is the law. Take your license or take a ticket if you get caught. You are an adult, mommy not putting your license in your lunch for you to go fishing is not an excuse. Take responsibility for yourselves for crying out loud.

You keep on proving Jerry's point for him.  Unintentionally. 

I think that's kinda awesome.
"SCIENCE SUCKS" - bmb

Tinker

I've never had a California fishing license, so I don't know what information you need to present to get a license, but up here in Oregon we have to give ODFW our SSN.  I think I prefer that kind of personal information be securely locked up and not accessible to anyone through the WWW.  Just sayin'.

Archie Marx

• AOTY Committee
  • Hobie Revo 13 & 16
...my Co2 on this thread

While fishing off Leffingwell Landing a summer or so ago(?), a fishing buddy and I were visited by the DF&G mid-day, while off shore on our kayaks.
"Garabaldi" and I had our limits of rockies and were angling for a ling or a cabby when the officers pulled up between us. I had realized earlier that I had left my license dangling from my rear view mirror inside my truck, so when I was asked to present, I made my confession. "Sorry, I left my license in the truck". The officer checked that we were compliant within limits, had our approved landing nets visible, and looked as "if" we were properly attired with PFD's etc. which we were. The officer asked for my name, birthdate, and home address, then asked "where(?)" did I purchase my California fishing license. After writing all this down, he said he would check when he returned to base, and "if" I checked out I would not hear from him or be cited. I asked "IF" I could see is badge number (and this officer complied) so, I had some important details on my side. 

Never heard from CF&D.

Take this with a grain of salt "if" you wish, but I think it's up to the call of the individual officer, and I musta bumped into a fair one, 'nuff said.

I Zod Out

I went out with Insearchoffish and mistakenly grabbed my report card drybox instead of my license drybox when I left home. I was stopped by wardens right before I launched, and happily handed them my box of report cards. I was quite embarrassed when they couldn't find the license. They recommended that I buy a replacement license before I hit the water. An hour later I was on the water with my duplicate license. I was not cited, and now my report cards, license, zipties and a sharpie all go in one box. 

anything