Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 12:22:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[March 28, 2024, 11:47:21 PM]

[March 28, 2024, 11:34:08 PM]

[March 28, 2024, 09:44:18 PM]

[March 28, 2024, 09:12:36 PM]

[March 28, 2024, 07:11:09 PM]

[March 28, 2024, 01:13:46 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 07:25:42 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 07:05:39 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 12:35:34 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 11:18:23 AM]

[March 26, 2024, 07:45:07 PM]

[March 26, 2024, 06:19:03 PM]

[March 26, 2024, 05:47:06 PM]

Support NCKA

Support the site by making a donation.

Topic: Mooch Update  (Read 103452 times)

Eric B

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jul 2007
Yo fellas,

Mooch went in for a checkup on Friday and the docs decided to keep him, and according to his sis he'll be there at least a few days.

San Mateo General Hospital, rm 218.  I'm sure he'd appreciate some friendly faces.

Danglin

• Sea Lion
  • Accept Yourself, So Shall The World ...
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: May 2006
There are 3 Types of people in the world,,,

The Sheep, The Sheep Dog & The Wolf,

Which are You ,,,

2006 NCKA Shark Fishing Tournament Champion    
2nd Moutcha Bay, BC. 2006 "Tyee" Surfing Contest
ELK 07  1st Place Loser
HMB 09 3rd Place
HMB 09 Sardine Champion
2009-2016 Northern California HOW Coordinator

Love Baja…  :smt055

Papa Al

• You can call me Al
  • Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Aug 2005
Thank you for the update.

Al

JohnGuineaPig

• Sea Lion
  • ling cod will eat ling cod which will eat ling cod
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Nov 2005
hope he gets better real soon.

Eric B

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
I'm going to visit tonight.

BigJim

• A-Hull
  • Manatee
  • No white flags.
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jun 2009
Porky and I were kicking around the idea of doing some kind of fundraising event to help out with his Medical expenses...even with insurance, the bills can add up fast...

Considering maybe a paddle from Cap Pier to the Mile Buoy and back, or maybe from SC to Cap...kinda an Aquatic Wharf to Wharf??

At then end could have a gathering at the Pier and for folks who were interested afterwards a potluck/fish-fry at my place in Capitola...my house is small, but I got space in the front and back to kick it and cook and hang out...

Maybe $25 to participate and Porky would make up a cool T-shirt for everybody who came out...all proceeds to help Mooch out with medical bills...

Not sure what you guys think...if Porky and I are way off base just let me know...

Sincerely,

Jim

~GS4  2010-1st~
~DOTY 2013-1st~
~T2B2 2015-1st~
*DOTY: 2012-5th~2014-5th~2015-4th~2016-7th~2017-4th~2018-5th~2019-5th~2020-2nd*

&

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Mar 2005
I'm headed in tonight on my way home, about 1900

ex-kayaker

• mara pescador
  • Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Dec 2004
Visiting hours? 
..........agarcia is just an ex-kayaker

Fish Master1

• If it bleeds I can kill it.
  • Manatee
  • A-Hull Muggle
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jan 2008
Wish I lived closer. Ill be thinking of my buddie!!
..........Sincerly A-Hull Muggle.

guitarzan

• Sea Lion
  • Its Madness.
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jan 2006
Porky and I were kicking around the idea of doing some kind of fundraising event to help out with his Medical expenses...even with insurance, the bills can add up fast...

Considering maybe a paddle from Cap Pier to the Mile Buoy and back, or maybe from SC to Cap...kinda an Aquatic Wharf to Wharf??

At then end could have a gathering at the Pier and for folks who were interested afterwards a potluck/fish-fry at my place in Capitola...my house is small, but I got space in the front and back to kick it and cook and hang out...

Maybe $25 to participate and Porky would make up a cool T-shirt for everybody who came out...all proceeds to help Mooch out with medical bills...

Not sure what you guys think...if Porky and I are way off base just let me know...

Sincerely,

Jim
Great idea Jim, tho I think the $ should just go into his and his sisters pocket or the killer fishing trip instead of the black hole of the bills- thats going to be paid for by medical.
Elk 2008 Winner
Mooch strong
http://www.flickr.com/photos/56542681@N08/sets/
I sure do miss you guys.

BigJim

• A-Hull
  • Manatee
  • No white flags.
  • View Profile

Sincerely,

Jim
Great idea Jim, tho I think the $ should just go into his and his sisters pocket or the killer fishing trip instead of the black hole of the bills- thats going to be paid for by medical.

Good point Ben, obviousy he could use whatever $$ we raise for whatever he needed most...as long as we all know that he gets 100% of the $$ raised/given that is the important thing!!

Sincerely,

Jim

~GS4  2010-1st~
~DOTY 2013-1st~
~T2B2 2015-1st~

porky (bp)

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: May 2009
And to promote cancer awareness, if your body feels strange or something ust isn't right, GET CHECKED! This is what my old man never did, too stubborn.

I'd like to see it happen like a Relay for Life event, where the participants gather donations/sponsors for there efforts on the paddle event, and if ya cant paddle, sponsor a paddler.

Its all done in a good positive upbeat fashion and to ultimately promote awareness and life. All money raised would be handed over.

PISCEAN

• no kooks please!
  • Sea Lion
  • humming to the bear...
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jun 2005
Thanks for keeping us in the loop Eric.

I think a fundraiser sounds like a great idea.
pronounced "Pie-see-in"
"Every day is a fishing day, but not every day is a catching day"-Countryman
sponsored by: Piscean Artworks
Randomness rules the universe. Perseverance is the only path to success..but luck sometimes works too.

Eric B

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
Just got a text from his sis...  He's being released sometime today.  So better call before heading down...

If I hear anything else I'll let you know...  but hopefully Mooch himself will be posting again soon.

BigJim

• A-Hull
  • Manatee
  • No white flags.
  • View Profile
And to promote cancer awareness, if your body feels strange or something ust isn't right, GET CHECKED! This is what my old man never did, too stubborn.

I'd like to see it happen like a Relay for Life event, where the participants gather donations/sponsors for there efforts on the paddle event, and if ya cant paddle, sponsor a paddler.

Its all done in a good positive upbeat fashion and to ultimately promote awareness and life. All money raised would be handed over.

Well said Brent...

I am 100% down to help out any way I can with whatever format you/the group decide will be best...I like the sponsorship concept...like when the kids have a Walk-A-Thon and get sponsored for each mile they walk, we could get sponsors for each mile we paddle!!

Also, the cancer awareness part is a really important concept...cancer sucks and takes on so many different forms and has taken so many great people from us too soon...

Will be proud to help out anyway I can.

Also, an additional fundraising idea for either the night after the paddle, or whenever before or after, is a Texas Hold'em Poker tournament...$25 buy-in for 50 chips, can buy back in for same amount up to a certain time (pre-decided by the group)...can do BYOB...all $$ in pot goes to Mooch. Prizes for top three players (not huge prizes but ones that are cool enough to make it fun!!)...fun, low-key way to get some cash raised up pretty quick.

Sincerely,

Jim

~GS4  2010-1st~
~DOTY 2013-1st~
~T2B2 2015-1st~

anything