Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 08:42:18 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[Today at 08:39:39 PM]

[Today at 08:38:39 PM]

[Today at 07:56:21 PM]

[Today at 07:50:41 PM]

[Today at 05:17:28 PM]

[Today at 04:31:01 PM]

[Today at 01:09:18 PM]

[Today at 11:46:31 AM]

[Today at 10:38:46 AM]

[Today at 10:16:10 AM]

[Today at 06:30:45 AM]

[April 23, 2024, 09:07:13 PM]

[April 23, 2024, 07:29:14 PM]

[April 23, 2024, 07:26:53 PM]

[April 23, 2024, 06:03:07 PM]

[April 23, 2024, 06:01:09 PM]

[April 23, 2024, 01:20:14 PM]

[April 23, 2024, 09:23:34 AM]

[April 23, 2024, 12:06:38 AM]

Support NCKA

Support the site by making a donation.

Topic: Help-What is this? It is freaking me out.  (Read 2456 times)

promethean_spark

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Dec 2004
It's a bunch of gulls that have been exposed to a mind altering alien signal that causes them to congregate into odd geometric patterns for no appearant reason.
The legend lives on from the Chippewa on down
Of the big lake they call Gitche Gumee
Superior, they said, never gives up her dead
When the gales of November come early.

Travis

I think it is russian pirate ghosts.

TreeDoc

• Sand Dab
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Aug 2005
Quote from: miyak
I'll go with reflections off the solar panels on the roof of the building above center.  Now I see how mass hysteria gets started.
Mike

I agree...it's from the windows and the glass that likely protects those small balconies on either side of the windows. Maybe from the building in the center or the identical one just out of the Pic on the right.

basilkies

That's a great spot. I got a 22inch flounder of that beach 2 years ago. This year I got a nice 10lb Vermillion, and nearly as big blue and a 30 inch Ling Cod.

Last year my buddy pulled out 3 abs in one dive session that were short of but all over 10 inches. His best catch ever!

Travis

Quote from: basilkies
That's a great spot. I got a 22inch flounder of that beach 2 years ago. This year I got a nice 10lb Vermillion, and nearly as big blue and a 30 inch Ling Cod.

Last year my buddy pulled out 3 abs in one dive session that were short of but all over 10 inches. His best catch ever!

Did you launch from the beach?

basilkies

Yah, I go there every year and my buddy and I beach launch. It's a challenge getting in and out. I get rolled about one out of three times, so a kayak with hatches to store your gear in is a must.

When you come in you have to have a line ready and move fast. If don't time it right you have to plant your hands and feet and hang there till the backwashing wave recedes, then pull everything up the beach.

I've found that if you wait outside for the biggest wave to hit the beach and chase any wave two to three after it, you will be in the smaller sets. Obviously, there are days the swell is too big to launch there, but 6 foot swells are usually fine.

Andrew (malibu_two)

Probably reflections, although it could be ghosts or Jesus or God...

Travis

Quote from: basilkies
Yah, I go there every year and my buddy and I beach launch. It's a challenge getting in and out. I get rolled about one out of three times, so a kayak with hatches to store your gear in is a must.

When you come in you have to have a line ready and move fast. If don't time it right you have to plant your hands and feet and hang there till the backwashing wave recedes, then pull everything up the beach.

I've found that if you wait outside for the biggest wave to hit the beach and chase any wave two to three after it, you will be in the smaller sets. Obviously, there are days the swell is too big to launch there, but 6 foot swells are usually fine.
 I am temped to try this launch one weekend when the conditions are favorable.  Any one else inturested in trying it with me some time?

anything